Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2005 5:32:31 PM EDT
This will be my third, the only difference this time is I have the gallon of colyte instead of the two fleet phospho sodas. Any one here use the colyte before? It does not look good for me. The prep starts Wednesday at 4PM, gag!  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Get several packs of gum.

Chew 3-4 pieces at a time.

Don't add the flavor pack to the Colyte jug.  Mix the jug and put it in your fridge so it's cold before you prep.  

It's horrible any way you do it, but these tricks reduce the level of disgust a point or two.  The best way to describe it is it's like drinking 10 glasses of cold tears.  If I remember correctly you have to space each glass out 10 minutes and drink until the gallon is gone.

You should be on a clear liquid diet at least the day before.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Sorry bro.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Stop trying to be so macho and just enjoy it.  
Hey they say humor cures.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I cannot drink the entire gallon. After a half gallon my gag reflex kicks in from the mettalic taste
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dear AR15.com readers:  On Thursday morning, I am going to take some drugs and pay another man to insert a large and well-lubricated object in my butt.

Well, good luck with that..  

On a serious note, the colder the Golytely is the easier it will be to drink.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:21:27 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks for the help. As unplesant as it is it is better than cancer. As the nurse said the last time just before they put me to sleep, "The worst is behind you".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top