Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/7/2005 12:33:38 PM EDT
about 2-3 times a year a client of mine calls on me to fix her website for her. She pays me well and I have no complaints about her with this one exception:

She really screws up her website. The last time she called upon me to fix her website for her she had webpages with extensions that went on for ever. I redid her pages for her and fixed her extensions so they were simple and told her why not to have these super long extensions.

Well she's contacted me again, this time because she changed servers and wasn't able to access her website and I've found that her pages are messed up again and she's back to these super long extensions:

For an example here is one of her webpages: http://www.bigcountrykennel.com/Quality%20Gun%20Dogs%20For%20Sale,%20English%­20Pointers,%20puppies,%20finished%20dogs,%20w­e%20specialize%20in%20english%20pointers.htm

It drives me nuts to see her pages like this [everyone has alignment problems too]. I'm wondering should I fix them again or just leave them? All she really asked for is for me to fix her server problem.

Patty

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:35:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2005 12:37:55 PM EDT by Curt1521]
I would let her know that her webpage extensions are messed up again, and you can either fix them now (and be paid for them) or fix them in a few weeks. Her choice.
That way you still get paid, but save yourself the headache of having to go back to fix them again.
Thats if you have time to do it now. I wouldn't just fix them and not let her know. That way she doesn't think she did the fixing somehow, and you get credit for your work.
That's what I would do.

Whats wrong with the server?

Edit because I'm dyslexic
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:37:55 PM EDT
Are these billable hours?????

Sometime people only learn lessons the hard way.

Do you have back up copies of the pages????
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:58:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2005 12:59:02 PM EDT by pattymcn]

Originally Posted By Only_Hits_Count:
Are these billable hours?????

Sometime people only learn lessons the hard way.

Do you have back up copies of the pages????

Yes, these are bill able hours. Everytime she has me go through her site I fix everything for her, tell her why and try to show her how to keep it straight for the next time but she doesn't learn.

I didn't save back up copies because she changes the info on her site so often that it isn't prudent for me to do so.

Patty

*ETA* her problem with her server was simple enough - she loaded the frontpage extensions incorrectly. All I had to do is delete them and reload them.

Top Top