Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2001 1:53:53 PM EDT
reno, stead. went out shooting with some friends. the national guard had a bunch of radar equipment out and were very very busy around the stead air base area. we went to our usual spot in the hills with a very good view of the base, and a large twin rotor helicopter flew by and 8 troopers jumped out at about 500 ft. on the second pass about 1/2 hr. later i had my binoculars out and was watching. this time 7 troopers jumped, and i saw the last guy flopping in the wind about 5 feet out the door. looked like his static line hung up. they pulled him back in and went about business, but i bet he had to clean his shorts after that one!
i am proud to see our guys out training, and it would have really bummed me out if he had been hurt.
willy
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful streamer open for me
Blue skys above and no canopy

That was a wind dummie. Good thing he did not pull his reserve or the jump master would have
had to cut his static line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top