Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2001 12:07:18 PM EDT
I recently posted a reply to someone looking for ATF abuses. Here in Utah the ATF has been giving gun shops an ultimatum; either forfeit your FFL or be audited. My favorite gun shop specializes in the militaria type of arms and ammo. The ATF took their FFL (with no reasons) and told them to apply for a new one if they want. They are getting a new FFL but it will take about three months to get it back. In the mean time they must remove all the firearms from the shop. They are a great group of guys and have not been involved in anything illegal, nor will they. I would like to help them by getting them some more business. They have not asked for any help and don’t know what I am doing. But if anyone could give them a call and place an order with them or contact me to make some purchases I wouldn’t even mind doing some shopping, negotiations or packaging and shipping. If anyone has any ideas feel free to contact me. They carry mostly the semi-autos we are interested in and can ship them to an FFL. They also carry a full line of surplus and specialty ammo; AP, API, I, Tracer, in .223, 7.62, 308, .50BMG, etc..
Drop me a note of what you want or give them a call.
I recently purchased 1800 rounds of chillean .308 at $0.10 a round. 990 rounds of IMI green tip .223 for $250 new in ammo can. 600 rounds Unstamped special opps .308 at $0.10 each.
250 rounds S&B 12 gauge 00 buck for $75 and a whole bunch of ammo cans at $5.
If there are many people interested in helping then I can put something more specific together.

They are;
Elite Arms
Orem, Ut
(801) 224-0770
(801) 802-0933

I am;
Bill Wootton
Sustainable Solutions
Fairview, Ut
[email protected]
435-427-9842
http://www.sustainable.tv
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#1]
This isnt the only gun shop this has happened to.  A local shop in Jacksonville, FL, Southside Guns, had to close its doors for good because the ATF a**holes wouldn't renew their FFL.

brian73
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#2]
This shit is not right. It makes me want to step into the fray and get a FFL!!!!! My father had one for 12yrs in the 80's and was forced out by the Clintonistas.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
This shit is not right. It makes me want to step into the fray and get a FFL!!!!! My father had one for 12yrs in the 80's and was forced out by the Clintonistas.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#4]
newdeal,

I don't understand.  If their FFL is currently invalid, how can they sell firearms?  Maybe I'm just confused.

James
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Newdeal,

I could probably stand to get some ammo in .50, or at least post it to the .50 board.

Can you check prices for me?  If they have no problem shipping, I can post the info.

Thanks!!

AFARR
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Correct me if I am wrong.  I believe this tactic is for the purpose of getting all the Forms 4473 from an FFL since copying the forms are illegal.  They have the dealer apply for a new FFL so that the yellow forms under their old license have to be sent in to Washington, DC.  That way, our selfless public servants can store all those records for the FFLs and the FFL no longer has to worry about keeping them for audit.  Of course, we can rest assured that they would never enter the yellow form information into any sort of computerized database. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 6:04:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe "Different" is right. I do know that when a license is taken that all the records go to Washington.

JIMMYBECOOL-
THe way they can sell firearms is since he lost his license he now has the most awesome personal collection I have seen. To be safe from furhter ATF abuse they have listed their guns on internet auctions and arranged with a local dealer to transfer the guns through him for a fee.

AFARR-
I will check on the .50 cal and let you know.
Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top