Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2001 5:11:00 PM EDT
ok i just got an bushmaster xm-15 e2s 20" a1 and the mag that came with with a full clip it wont hardly fit and the i tried to chamber a round it jammed pritty bad and it took like 15min  to get it out and how should ilub it up i have some clp just dont know what really needs lubing before the first shoting test ? so how can i prevent jams and other problems?
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Hightower, your rifle does not have a clip, it's a magazine. Have you cleaned and inspected the weapon? Now get rid of that frankenmag and purchase or borrow the real thing.  Then get back to us.
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Hightower, sometimes new magazines have very tight springs and causes misfeed. The lips of new mags also sometimes need breaking in. Load the mag and manually cycle it and few times. If you have someone you know with an AR, see if you could borrow mags. See if those works. Mags not fitting properly could cause misfeeds also. Specially if its not al the way up in the mag well. It will jam the round at the bottom of the feed ramp.

Mags tend to fit diferently depending on the maker. they tend to have their tolerances vary. Bushys tend to like Thermolds or USGI mags (Sanchez). At least in my limited experience.

When getting a new rifle always take it down clean it and lube per manual. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard that the orlite mags do not work with the bushmaster to well.You might want to try a gi issue mag and go from there.good luck
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#4]
The magazines that come with a new rifle are the absolute worst to be found! My advice is to get some USGI mags, and use the one that came with it as a sight-in target.
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#5]
A couple co-workers and I went to shoot our brand new Bushmaster XM-15 20" HBAR'S a while back. Mine worked flawlessly, even with the 10 round Franken mag. I always give my new guns a thorough cleaning before shooting. #1 - to learn how to take it apart, and #2 - they are usually dirty and fouled from test firing. Whatever oil is left over is usually dried up and gummy.

My co-worker's XM-15 jammed on the first round. I went over to investigate. I asked him if he cleaned it, he said no. The round was stuck halfway into the chamber, and I had to use the forward bolt assist to bang it in the rest of the way. I performed a quick field strip and cleaning. I loaded the same mag with 5 rounds. Bang, bang, bang, bang....bang. No problems!

Cleaning and lubing was the key.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 1:08:32 AM EDT
[#6]
A word on "manually cycling"  PLease do it with dummy rounds.
or slam fire could happen.
some guy at my range was testing out his mag, and was operating the charging handle as fast as he could. helf way through the mag..."BANG!!"
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 2:04:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 3:17:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Break the rifle open and squirt oil on anything that moves. Get some 20 or 30 rd USGI mags. Leave any mag a round short when loading. Puut 50 rounds through it, then clean it and oil it up again. Go back out and rip off a few hundred rounds. If it jams at all, you may still have a problem.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 5:36:19 AM EDT
[#9]
You have purchased a rifle that is notoriously unreliable in its design from a maker who is well known for producing junk.  But, since you caught me in a good mood, I'll take that piece of shit off your hands for $100 and I'll even pay the shipping and transfer costs.  I feel bad when novices are taken advantage of, and I'm willing to assume the burden of owning this faulty rifle just to try ease a little of your bitterness.  Heck, make it $150.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 5:56:27 AM EDT
[#10]
You have purchased a rifle that is notoriously unreliable in its design from a maker who is well known for producing junk.  But, since you caught me in a good mood, I'll take that piece of shit off your hands for $100 and I'll even pay the shipping and transfer costs.  I feel bad when novices are taken advantage of, and I'm willing to assume the burden of owning this faulty rifle just to try ease a little of your bitterness.  Heck, make it $150.
View Quote
I got through the first sentence and hit reply with quote, then I kept reading. I understand and am sorry for the things I almost said.
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#11]
WELL GOLGO OR FAGO OR WHAT EVER THA FUCK YOUR NAME IS IT SEEMS THAT U DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT GUNS SO UNLESS U CAN SAY SOMETHEM WORTH READING WITHOUT TRYING TO INSULTE MY GUN WHICH I TAKE THAT VERY PERSONALY SO GO TAKE UP THA BUTT SOME WHERE ,U PENIS TWEEK MONSTER . Know i want to thank every one for the info i really appreciate thanks again .
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Um,er, I think he was kidding, dude.
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow!  Easy, there, HIGHTOWER.  Golgo-13 said all of those thing with his tongue firmly planted on his cheek.

Bad Golgo!  Bad Golgo!  Go to your room!  No gun fondlings tonight! :)

How do you do smilies in this place anyway?

Johanes
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I agree with Golgo-13's assertion about BM, though.  HAH!  Just kidding!  JUST KIDDING!  Hell, I have a Bushmaster sitting on my lap, here!

Johannes
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Hightower!  Relax he was just BS'n ya!  I think you need to clean the rifle really well and make sure to use a chamber brush to scrub the chamber well.  Then when you are on the way to get some USGI mags drop the franken mag in the trashcan on your way by it.  My .02
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#16]
my bad every one haveing a very bad day < :) >  didnt get none from my girl this morning :(   i have to wait till tonight :) YEAH!!!!! j/j
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top