Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/10/2002 2:35:55 PM EST
Hi all I went to a local gun and supply store today to purcase a couple of items that I didnt want to wait for and order. I asked the guy behind the counter about a trigger and it was priced at a fair price. So i considered getting it. Then i asked him about some ammo .223 and he stated 5.65 a box for wolf. Saying to myself....dang i wonder what it would be for a case? So i asked the guy, he in turn asked the owner/manager what they could do for a price and after adding it up on a addign machine she said ...that will be 265 for a case of wolf. I told her never mind and walked out. I do believe in supporting the local stores and I dont mind paying a little more than what I can get online or from a catalog, but she must be high to think i would pay that. I can go to walmart and buy a case for less. I know that they could have gotten it for 100 a case or less. I would have paid a little more for that, but i will not shop at a place that wants to screw me that bad for some plinking ammo. So now I am asking if there is a decent non raping gun and supply store located in or around Arlington, TX. Thanks Lojack
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 7:42:19 PM EST
Would this establishment happen to be near the intersection of Collins and Park Row?
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 7:57:11 PM EST
When's the next funshow?? Get what you want there.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:38:45 PM EST
Bunghole, you are right on the money. I take it that you have either shopped there or you work there. All the same you are on the money. Sad thing is, the next funshow isnt until the end of august. Bunghole do you know of any other shops near by? thanks lojack
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 3:12:47 AM EST
I don't work there but I have been raped there when I couldn't find what I needed elsewhere. I'm like you in that I'll pay a little extra to have something in my hands that same day. I don't know of any other shop in Arlington. I go to Euless Guns and Ammo at the intersection of Hwy 10 and 157. It is west of the intersection just next to the new police station. Ed deals mostly in hunting stuff but can get pretty much anything that you need.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 4:25:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/11/2002 4:26:54 AM EST by Crock]
For ammo, you cannot do better than Cheaper Than Dirt. It is on the north loop in Ft. Worth but well worth the drive. Kind of hard to find, call for directions. Good prices and usually a good selection of guns. They ahve a web site www.cheaperthandirt.com. Salesmen used to wear sidearms in the store. They NEVER get robbed. I love those guys.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:09:37 AM EST
CTD used to be cheap. The CTD *store* is now high priced!!! I have seen better prices on things (guns too) at Bullet Trap in Plano!!!! The CTD catalog is a separate entity and they are usally competetively priced.
Top Top