Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2009 12:48:39 PM EDT
It's one of those flashing headlines but did anyone catch anymore about this?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 12:50:22 PM EDT
Happened last week. Hardly news.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:12:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By texas_mustang_01:
Happened last week. Hardly news.[/quote]

It apparently was to him. And it is important

I've written my representative (D) asking him to think about becoming a co-sponsor.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:10:05 PM EDT
Dobbs was just talking aout that tonight also
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:31:43 PM EDT
What bill are they talking about?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:24:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mustangracer:
What bill are they talking about?

It was in response to Holders AW ban comment
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:26:44 PM EDT
Here's the letter to Holder.

If your rep's on there, you need to call or write & thank him.

And if he's not, you need to ask him what his problem is.

I'm writing my Republican reps and asking when I can expect them to be at least as pro-gun as the Democrats are .
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:31:15 AM EDT
Three from NC. Nice!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:47:31 AM EDT
This is PRECISELY why I've been saying for the last year that there will be NO NEW BAN!!!

Yeah, Obama wants it. But what people seem to forget is that he's got to get it by Congress first. And with at LEAST 65 Democrats not supporting it, it can't pass Congress. No way, no how.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:08:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2009 9:09:41 AM EDT by Tony-Ri]
I'm glad that Tom Perriello, Rick Boucher, and Glenn Nye on the list, (thats half of the House Democrats from VA and two new guys!) But I'm not at all suprised that my rep, Bobby Scott is not on the list! Also missing are Jim Moran and Gerry Connolly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:53:01 PM EDT
Before everyone gets all squishy, do you think Princess Pelosi gives a rat's behind what some southern democrats think? They will be whipped into line or marginalized. Face it, the dems are led by folks who hate this country. If you are votin' for these yahoos, you deserve what you get. Unfortunately, the rest of us don't deserve this crap. Did all of you hear that Arkansas carpetbagger Hillary on FNC bemoaning the fact that the AWB was not reinstated yet. According to Hillary, that seems to be the whole problem with that cesspool south of the border. AWB will be here this year.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:51:41 PM EDT
hey like a lot of peopel said their not all after our guns( just most of them), Reid is very pro gun.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:52:16 PM EDT
The facts show the previous awb was not effective in curbing crime in the US. Next step try & curb crime in another country.

Write your congressman & senators to vote against HB 45 & any further anti gun legislation.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:35:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AKFANTX:
*just saw on Fox News* Headline 65 Democrats tell Holder not to go ahead on AWB

Good for them. I guess they like their jobs.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:47:00 AM EDT
...for now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:50:48 AM EDT
I think a lot of Demorats are going to start distancing themselves for Obama.

The ones up for re-election in 2010 are starting to run scared. Chris Dodd is even on the ropes.
I knew it wouldn't take long for the Demorats to turn on each other. Problem is the damage they do in the
mean time.

In with the obligatory F#$K Obama!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:52:53 AM EDT
What a very nice letter. I am shocked.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:55:24 AM EDT
The sad fact is, as long as the liberals control the main stream media they will sell the AWB to the public eventually. People are like sheep, one jumps the fence and the rest follows. Bottom line, we all must get involved in our local political process or go down in flames.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:16:03 AM EDT
I know we can't let our guard down, but I will say this. We should be at least appreciative of this victory. I know I sent letters to many of these guys, and many of you did as well. If we act like a bunch of skeptics, then they might fold and say what the hell, these guys (gun owners) don't think we are helping them anyways, so I guess we will just let another AWB happen. I realize it might not work this way, but what if it does? We will hurt ourselves then. I know cunt slut whore Pelosi will eventually show her true colors, but if we can have these guys on our side, it is better than not. Everyone of these Dems has shown courage standing up to the chosen one and his Nazi underling. We could at least give them credit, judge them on what they are doing, and not on what we THINK they will do later.

Greg
Top Top