Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 12/29/2006 7:27:17 PM EST
This is an amazing book telling the story of a Army SF A-Team doing the impossible, written by an actual operator. I was beginning to become bored with books, I tried reading Into the Wild and The Kite Runner, but I didn't get very interested in either. Roughneck Nine-One really took me by surprise. It's a great read.

Check it out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 7:29:53 PM EST
+1 read it a while back...highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 7:31:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By theoneinthemask:
I tried reading Into the Wild and The Kite Runner, but I didn't get very interested in either.

wow, those were both really good books, what did you not like about them?
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 7:34:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By Billmanweh:

I tried reading Into the Wild and The Kite Runner, but I didn't get very interested in either.

I'm not really sure, I just never got into them. They seemed kind of bland and I couldn't bring myself to read more than a few pages. Maybe I'm just shallow.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 7:35:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By Billmanweh:

I'm not really sure, I just never got into them. They seemed kind of bland and I couldn't bring myself to read more than a few pages. Maybe I'm just shallow.

Try Kite Runner again if you get a chance, I thought it was the best book I've read in the last year or so.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 7:43:55 PM EST
I'm about halfway through Roughneck 9-1 right now. Honestly the author comes off as more of the loudmouth seal stereotype than the quiet introverted Special forces type. I get the impression him and Dick Marcinko would get along great. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. Just the impression I got.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 7:46:35 PM EST
How does it compare to "Inside Delta Force?"
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:20:06 PM EST
Great book
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:30:52 PM EST
I will have to check it out, I am reading a book right now about LRRP in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:32:14 PM EST
"Brutal" in what way?
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:34:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:41:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By BigDawg308:

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:
I'm about halfway through Roughneck 9-1 right now. Honestly the author comes off as more of the loudmouth seal stereotype than the quiet introverted Special forces type. I get the impression him and Dick Marcinko would get along great. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. Just the impression I got.

I got that impression at first, but I think the guy is just a straight-shooter and tells it like it is. I thought it was a very good book. If you're only half-way through, you haven't gotten to the good part yet.
I just got to where we killed the Kurds on accident.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 2:25:39 AM EST
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 4:55:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By Jarhead_22:

Originally Posted By Ryan1021:
I will have to check it out, I am reading a book right now about LRRP in Vietnam.

Have you read the "Six Silent Men" series? Highly recommended.

I second that!

James C. Donahue's Blackjack-33, Blackjack-34 and Mobile Guerilla Force are also outstanding.

RF
Top Top