Quoted:
"The chair is against the wall; The chair is against the wall"

"John has a long mustache; John has a long mustache"
View Quote

Um, what the hell? [BD]

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't even know one was going to hit....

Link Posted: 7/30/2002 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Kaluburz,

Don't tell me you hanvn't seen Red Dawn?  Its a classic.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Kaluburz,

View Quote

What's Red Dawn got to do w/ a rock in space?!

Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kaluburz,

View Quote

What's Red Dawn got to do w/ a rock in space?!

View Quote

I don't know.  What?

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Ask John, he is sitting in his chair against the wall playing with his long mustasche..
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"The chair is against the wall; The chair is against the wall"

"John has a long mustache; John has a long mustache"
View Quote

Is this not to be confused with Tom Green's "My Bum is on the chair" "My bum is in my pants"?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:54:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I REPEAT!!! WILL NOT HIT US!!!!
View Quote

Of course they are going to say that. They don't want people to spend the next 16 years getting ready for a disaster; that would be bad for the economy.

But, what if the first report was correct? The information could have gone out before the powers that be got control of the situation.

Just a few months ago a large rock went bye closer than the moon. And nobody saw it coming. They reported it after it missed.

So if you are building a new home between now and 2016, you might want to add a bomb shelter.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:59:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't think a bomb shelter would be much help against even a regional or hemispherical impact. (at least if it was on THIS hemisphere)  It might help you survive in the wastelands that remain following the hit, for a while, at least...

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:05:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

is NOT going to hit us... I REPEAT!!! WILL NOT HIT US!!!!
View Quote

Read [b][url=https://www.amazon.com/dp/0449208133?tag=arfcom00-20]Lucifer's Hammer[/url][/b] by Larry Niven.

They thought it was going to miss.

Synopsis

The gigantic comet had slammed into Earth, forging earthquakes a thousand times too powerful to measure on the Richter scale, tidal waves thousands of feet high. Cities were turned into oceans; oceans turned into steam. It was the beginning of a new Ice Age and the end of civilization. But for the terrified men and women chance had saved, it was also the dawn of a new struggle for survival--a struggle more dangerous and challenging than any they had ever known....
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top