Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2003 7:15:27 AM EDT
Reuters
Thursday, July 3, 2003; 10:15 AM

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The United States is offering $25 million for any information that leads to the capture of ousted Iraqi president Saddam Hussein or proves that he is dead, a spokesman for Iraq's U.S.-led administration said on Thursday.

"(Administration head) Ambassador (Paul) Bremer will be announcing a new $25 million reward for information leading to the capture of Saddam Hussein or information confirming his earlier death," the spokesman told reporters.

He said $15 million was being offered for similar information about either of Saddam's two sons, Uday and Qusay.

[b]Think somebody will drop a dime on him  ?[/b]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:18:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#3]
This is crap.

Where is that $$ coming from? My tax $$ that's where.

Why doesn't the gubermint/military/CIA/NSA/FBI etc. just do it's job and find Saddam and kill him?

Flame away..............
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone up for an ex-dictator safari? [naughty]
Add says, dead or alive.
AFRCom hunting party....
View Quote
i'm game [:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:20:27 AM EDT
[#5]
So what gun would you use for an ex-dictator safari?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, between osama and sadaam, that's FIFTY MILLION!! I find it hard to believe that someone hasn't gone for the gusto. Hell, I'd go in a heartbeat. Especially if not bound by military code of conduct. There must be enough former "high speed" operators out there who could pull this off. Hell, between the payoff, movie rights and book sales one would be set up for generations. Anyone know a good travle agent?[:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:31:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh, I'm sure most every mercenary in the world has been looking for those two for the past 2 years at least; if they aren't too busy in Africa.  If I had funding, gear, contacts, a way to travel, and some guys I trust, I'd go.  $50 mil would be well worth it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:31:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So what gun would you use for an ex-dictator safari?
View Quote

If I had my choice, I'd use one just like the one in that movie HEAT!  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I think it's time to send Dog Schapman to the Middle East...

[snoopy][heavy]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:35:11 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

[LOLabove]

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

[LOLabove]

View Quote

Which gun was that again? an FAL?

[;)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Men In Black agent Morris Fletcher (Michael McKean) in The X-Files, season VI, episode V, "Dreamland II"
.... there is no Saddam Hussein. This guy's name is John Gillnitz. We found him doing dinner theater in Tulsa. Did a mean King and I. Plays good ethnics.

(Lone Gunmen)Langley: You're trying to say that Saddam Hussein's a government plant?

Morris: I'm saying I invented the guy. We set him up in '79. He rattles his saber whenever we need a good distraction. Ah... If you boys only knew how many of your stories I dreamed up while sitting on the pot
View Quote

[lol]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top