Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2002 7:19:34 PM EDT
I'm sure you've heard all the possible senarios before, so if I'm simply re-iterating what has been stated on this board before...simply move on.

1) The sniper is using large "service" vehicles. (Box truck, van, astrovan).  This would lead me to believe that the sniper works for a service company that requires the transport of cargo of some sort.

2) That the sniper uses these vehicles because they allow him the maximum mobility of his rifle.  If the sniper was the driver, and was shooting from his car, that would mean that he needed to transport his rifle on the passenger side.  To bear his rifle out the driver side window, he must swing it from the passenger side to the driver side.  A small sized car simply wouldn't allow much room for him to swing the rifle around to a shooting position.  He would need a vehicle with some room.  Also, the vehicle would need to be higher than the average car because he wouldn't want to risk another driver in another car looking in and seeking his rifle.

So breaking it down, the sniper is an employee of a service company that uses large van/trucks because they offer ease of utility.

Just a random string of thought.  Let me know what you think.

To my Maryland/Virginia friends, stay safe!

MIerinMD
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Good points... Do you have any theories about why he hasn't sniped on the weekends?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Good points... Do you have any theories about why he hasn't sniped on the weekends?
View Quote

He only works on weekdays?  And he only snipes when he is working?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The chance of a clean shot and getaway drops considerably on a weekend.

The "sniper" has recon'ed a number of "hides" and escape routes and can reasonably expect the weekday habits to be maintained by the regular civilians who live, work, and traverse the area. People move to a specific rhythm on weekdays.

On the weekends, however, that all goes to heck in a handbasket as the thousands of people who live in the area begin to go here and there, visiting and shopping and goofing around.

There's no reasonable chance to expect an area that is clear at a certain time on a certain weekday to be that way on a weekend.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#4]
What the heck...I'll throw in my two buck's worth (Inflation, you know...).

Since day one, I've thought this is a two person sniping team.  I still do.  The sniper rides in the cargo box, and almost certainly has a gun port which can be closed from the inside and is practically invisible from the outside when closed.   The driver stays up front.  This allows them to get the hell out of dodge IMMEDIATELY at any time, especially after taking a shot.

I'm also willing to go long odds that this is genuine terrorism that is linked to Al Qaida.

I say a suitable punishment for these bastards (when captured) is to execute them with a pair of toenail clippers.  Nibble them down to stripped skeletons with them, cauterizing blood vessels as necessary to ensure that they don't bleed to death, thereby cutting the fun short.

CJ

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only thing I can figure is that the guy must be a UPS driver. Those guys are always in a hurry (no time in their schedule for more than one shot), the big brown trucks are so commonplace as to go almost un-noticed (even by a sharp-eyed "ninja"), and, most importantly, they don't deliver on the week-end.

All good . . . Doug . . . . [beer]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The chance of a clean shot and getaway drops considerably on a weekend.

The "sniper" has recon'ed a number of "hides" and escape routes and can reasonably expect the weekday habits to be maintained by the regular civilians who live, work, and traverse the area. People move to a specific rhythm on weekdays.

On the weekends, however, that all goes to heck in a handbasket as the thousands of people who live in the area begin to go here and there, visiting and shopping and goofing around.

There's no reasonable chance to expect an area that is clear at a certain time on a certain weekday to be that way on a weekend.
View Quote

WOW somebody is doing some major plagiazing from the Fox News Channel ;)
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#7]
WOW somebody is doing some major plagiazing from the Fox News Channel ;)
View Quote

Uh, not really. Maybe FOX is plagarizing me?When did FOX broadcast my analysis?

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#8]
wow, i'm impressed, but you forgot the following,

he's probably a,,,,,,

LONER, and couldn't get a date with a nickel whore and a pocket full of change.

a P*ssy, and probably hasn't had it, since P*ssy had him.

Is probably a G*Y BOY and mad at his boyfriend over another guy or something like that.

Is probably a Momma's boy, but not the typical momma's boy, more like a mother infatuation, sexually.

Is probably the world's biggest WIMP / P%SSY and has never been in a fight in his pathetic life, was probably "bullied" in grade school and never "fought back".

Is probably "attention starved" as is doing this to get the attention of "buffy" the cheerleader that would give him the time of day in school, or college.

Is probably a S.E.A.L. wannabe that could survive day one of "hell week" but he really thinks snipers are cool and that if it wasn't for "all that physical stuff" during hell week he could be a real kick ass S.E.A.L.

so there, i've said it, i've made fun of mr. badass sniper. why kill inocent people who don't even know you? you low life, coward, piece of sh*t, ba$tard, fag boy.

come out, come out wherever you are!

all you are doing is pissing off God loving, flag waving, gun owning, proud Americans like me. so if you want to make a point, i'll give yo my address.

colt
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Gentlemen, you are missing the point.

Have you noticed that a percentage of the hits have been clean head shots?

And the others have been chest shots wherein the victim has survived?

This isn't someone or a team who's mad at the world.

This is TRAINING.  Someone is being taught, and they're using OUR country as the playground.

The pro is teaching someone, therefore the survivors were victims of sloppy sniping.

Pay attention people.  Someone has authorized this.  I'd be willing to bet a box of doughnuts from Krispy Kreme that these guys don't work locally.  At All.

Panz
[bounce]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's my thoughts...

A) I'm beginning to believe that there are 2 separate shooters. One is the 'white truck guy'. The other fired on the kid in the schoolyard, left the card & case. Most likely, #2 is the driver when #1 shoots, and vice versa. #1 can kill reliably, #2 can't.

Consider that the 'White Van' MO could have been used near the school, but instead of the usual 'shoot-from-the-back-of-white-cargo-vehicle', he was lying prone in the woods. Also consider that only 1 child has been targeted, and only that time, probably because #2 went off and did it solo (and left the case/'I am God' card). Note that the kid lived (iirc).

B) They're not Queda, they're 'American Psycho' types... Domestic loonies (probably 2 friends, or brothers), like the Anthrax idiot...

If they were Queda, they'd go for higher impact targets (schoolyards, cops, etc)... These guys aren't picking their targets on significance, they're just going 'enie meine mine ka-booom'.

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Nope, this is the ONLY case in which a racial/ethnic profile is perfectly fine.  White male, mid 20's to early 30's, thinks he's smart, lives with mom, does menial work.

You know, the typical serial/spree killer thing.

TS [X]

Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:04:58 AM EDT
[#12]
A pair of severly disfunctional youth, taking turns shooting/driving, and feel they are now  playing the "ultimate" game...  

Video games have become boring, and the stakes have been raised!
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:11:13 AM EDT
[#13]
...Al Qaeda...
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:39:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A pair of severly disfunctional youth, taking turns shooting/driving, and feel they are now  playing the "ultimate" game...  

Video games have become boring, and the stakes have been raised!
View Quote

I initially thought this too (and to some degree, it still resides in the back of my head), but I am more of the mind that it is one, lone gunman.

1) Youths would NOT have access to a variety of vans (unless they're all stolen, which the police should be able to determine by looking at the stolen vehicle reports and see if any match the description of the shooters vehicles).  I'm assuming they have already looked into this and saw there was no match.

2) Most serial killers (except for the Hillside Strangler, where there were two cousins IIRC) work alone.  I am more of the opinion that the head shots were aberations because the victims probably not moving as much.  

3) The box cab "firing port" is simply too much trouble to create and would make the vehicle easy to identifiy.  Also, if he fits into my theory, the employer would become suspicous when his vehicles came back with a hole in the cab.

As far as why he doesn't kill on weekends, maybe he works on weekends?

If I were the police, I'd be looking at service companies that are located in the general vicinity of the majority of the shootings (Montgomery county Maryland).  And question those employees that fit the profile (yes, I don't care if he's racially profiled) and work on the weekends.

Hell, it would be a start.

In a more perfect world, the Governor (piece of crapola Glendening) would allow for an emergency "concealed carry" permit for Maryland citizens in order to defend themselves, rather than allowing them to be at the mercy of this fucking psycho.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#15]
My guess is that the killer is a man, using a rifle.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:58:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here's my thoughts...

These guys aren't picking their targets on significance, they're just going [red]'enie meine mine [u]ka-booom'[/u]. [/red]

View Quote

The shooter is using a Glock?  I must have missed that on the news.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top