Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2001 7:02:55 AM EDT
how much is the dealer's invoice price compared to the MSRP for the following vehicles:

Chevrolet Tahoe 2-WD, 4-DR LT
Chevrolet Tahoe 4-WD, 4-DR LT
GMC Yukon 2-WD, 4-DR SLT
Ford Expedition 2-WD Eddie Bauer
Ford Expedition 4-WD Eddie Bauer

Based on my sample data obtained from various internet-based car shopping sites, Ford seems to have an average of -13.3% while the Chevy and the GMC both have -14.1%.

If anybody really knows, I would appreciate any help or advise that you can spare. If such figures are best not posted, please email me at: [email protected]

Also if you were to choose between the above, which one would you get??? Does anybody have one?? If so please tell me about your experience in buying it and maybe a vehicle feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 6/10/2001 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine who has been in the car business for over thirty years said that the MSRP on trucks is generally $1500-$2500 more than dealer invoice.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2001 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#2]
After seeing the crash tests on fullsize trucks last week, I've taken Ford off the list of vehicles to purchase. The F150 crumpled like a wet papertowel.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.edmunds.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Using the below links find an on-line car seller, and they show three prices, MSRP, invoice, their price (usually $500 over).

Kelly Blue Book
[url]www.kbb.com[/url]

AutoTrader
[url]www.autotrader.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Based on my sample data obtained from various internet-based car shopping sites, Ford seems to have an average of -13.3% while the Chevy and the GMC both have -14.1%.

If anybody really knows, I would appreciate any help or advise that you can spare.
View Quote

Too bad Wal-Mart doesn't sell cars.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally posted by CC

After seeing the crash tests on fullsize trucks last week, I've taken Ford off the list of vehicles to purchase. The F150 crumpled like a wet papertowel.
View Quote

Did you see which one did best?  They said that the Chevy and Dodge were marginally better than the Ford.  The best was the full size Toyota pickup, I forget the model name.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top