Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/5/2002 3:25:51 PM EDT
I got an email from one of our members today, asking about the possibility of a forum for exchanging, or posting your favorite recipes.

Since I happen to know that a lot of you folks are closet culinary geniuses, how many would be interested in something like this?

These would be legitimate recipes. (Sorry sgtar15, no cats). [:D]  

Please let us know if this is something that interests you.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
AR15.com - Home of the Black Rifle and the best damn sugar cookies in the Americas.

Who's gonna do up a logo with a pair of oven mitts holding an M4?
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried posting a grill recipe once. It went over like a lead Zeppelin.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Great idea! We can sandwich the recipe exchange forum right between the knitting forum and the miniature porcelain figurine forum!!

Any chance of changing the web page colors to something in a nice pastel?

Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#4]
M4, we'll make sure you get the first pastel apron.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Chips and a nice CLP dip would be nice....
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Guys, contrary to what M4 thinks, men are some great cooks. If you guys think this is to feminine, let us know that too.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#9]
well, it would have to be guy stuff, like BBQ or wild game recipes or kickass burgers and stuff like that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Chips and a nice CLP dip would be nice....
View Quote

No way---everyone knows CLP is supposed to be used as salad dressing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Guys, contrary to what M4 thinks, men are some great cooks. If you guys think this is to feminine, let us know that too.
View Quote

I don't recall saying....or thinking anything of the sort. I happen to be one of those great cooks.

Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:58:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Kewl.  My cooking sucks.  I can use all the help I can get.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#13]
[img]http://www.coolfunnypictures.com/sandwich.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell, I should at least suggest something constructive I suppose.

How about www.donr.com??

It can be page after page of tastey tid bits and wonderful cooking ideas. That way, when we get all burned out on talking about guns, we're just one click away from all time classics...like Dons Fudge Balls!
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
These would be legitimate recipes. (Sorry sgtar15, no cats). [:D]  
View Quote

I am offended by this!!

Actually I don't see the need for a new forum.  I agree that men are great cooks, as I am one.  However, I cook mostly by taste, not a pre determined formula.  Either way, I believe these topics would be more at home in the hunting forum.  Just my .02 cents.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#17]
M4, this was a thread to guage interest.  If you want to make it personal, you're on.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
AR15.com - Home of the Black Rifle and the best damn sugar cookies in the Americas.

Who's gonna do up a logo with a pair of oven mitts holding an M4?
View Quote

Holy Crap Vinnie, I've gotta clean my monitor and keyboard now!  That was hysterical!

As for input, I wouldn't mind the extra forum, but it would be out of place here.  Individual posts for recipe's in the GD forum is the way to go.

'bert
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#19]
M4????
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I am all for it. If the recipes have a little bit of , potassium nitrate, sulfur ....... [:d]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I would give it a look from time to time and maybe contribute a few ideas sometime. I am proud to say I am a damn good cook especially on the grill or smoker, I wouldn't mind trying a few new Bar-B-Q sauce recipes though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
M4, this was a thread to guage interest.  If you want to make it personal, you're on.
View Quote

Lighten up Francis, you're taking yourself a little too seriously.

Back to the subject at hand....

Game recipes seem pretty reasonable, but devoting an entire forum to cooking or recipes in general seems a little off the chart for a gun devoted web page. My .02

Don....inhale.....exhale.....repeat.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Francis was a talking mule.  Since most of our members are hunters, this seems in line.  Besides, I'm just checking for interest.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.coolfunnypictures.com/sandwich.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Thats just wrong.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Im sooooo hungary, I'm gonna FLIP OUT and chop the head off a kitten and not even care.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Francis was a talking mule.  Since most of our members are hunters, this seems in line.  Besides, I'm just checking for interest.
View Quote

Francis was also the guy in the movie Stripes that didn't want anyone touching his stuff.....or he'd kill them. I was actually refering to him.

Just to make amends, here's a recipe from my state....if you need a source for alligator, let me know.

[b][u]Alligator Appetizer[/b][/u]

[u]Igredients:[/u]

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 pound Alligator meat, cut into 2-inch strips

1/4 cup chopped onions

1/4 cup chopped green onions

1/4 cup chopped celery

1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers

1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic

2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme

2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano

1 bay leaf

2 1/2 cups peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes

3 cups chicken stock

1/4 teaspoon of cayenne

Salt and black pepper to taste

2 tablespoons butter

2 cups cooked white rice

2 tablespoons chopped green onions

In a saucepan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, sear the alligator meat. Add the onions, green onions, celery, bell peppers, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the herbs and continue sauté for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and stock. Season with cayenne, salt and pepper. Simmer the sauce for about 30 minutes or until the alligator meat is tender. Stir in the butter and serve on top of rice(curry rice is great with this). Sprinkle the remaining raw chopped green onions on top of each portion.

Makes enough for four people.

Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Sure sounds great to me. I'm always looking for a good barbeque and seafood recipes. Lets do it.
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#30]
M4, that's the kind of recipe folks would be interested in.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Francis was also the guy in the movie Stripes that didn't want anyone touching his stuff.....or he'd kill them. I was actually refering to him.

View Quote

I got it
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I always thought I looked rather dashing in a chef's hat, red & white checkered apron, and bright red cowboy boots.  And that's all.

For that matter, perhaps we could have a fashion forum as well, for the most discriminating gentlemen.

In all seriousness...recipe forum sounds fine...but some jabs have to be expected with a suggestion like this.

And, if a knitting forum should materialize, I'd love to sport some ideas for a lovely AR-15 cozy....
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#35]
[b]ROTD[/b]
[b]Recipe[/b] Of The Day? [:|]

[b]BOTD[/b]
[b]BREASTS[/b] Of The Day? [^] (Chicken breast, of course!)

Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#36]
I am into it.  I can cook a bunch of stuff, a few thing well, a few thing really poor, and a few things that would pass.  I think I would maybe share the ones I do well.  

Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#37]
sounds like a good idea.

grill all fired up......someone send me some
CROCOGATOR meat real quick !!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#38]
MMMMMMM furburger!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#39]
What a wonderful idea. Then we can have a Beanie Babies forum for those closet collectors. Maybe even change the name of the board to WWW. AR15. FAG [;)]. OOOOO OOOOOOO  OOOOOOO what about a sewing forum for those emergency jobs in the field, ya know, when ya lose a button or something.
Hey, what about the "best malls to shop at" forum?
I'm so confused [:)]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Drunk Chicken (must have grill big enough to stand chicken up in)

1 chicken

1 bulb of garlic top cut off and drizzled with olive oil

1 beer + whatever amount you normally consume while cooking

your favorite rub, or cajun seasoning

Fire up grill, rub chicken with spices inside and out. Drink about 1/3 -1/2 of beer and add a generous portion of the same spices to remaining beer. WARNING!!! This will foam up due to the salt in the mixture.

Drink more beer while grill warms up. Depending on size of chicken, stuff the neck cavity with the bulb of garlic from either the botton or top. Shove the can of beer/spice mix up from the bottom, set on grill and roast until done.

Remove chicken from grill, use the roasted garlic as a spread on fresh bread. The juices from the can may be poured over the carved bird.

This will make a very jucy bird as the steam from the beer is captured in the bird by the garlic.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What a wonderful idea. Then we can have a Beanie Babies forum for those closet collectors. Maybe even change the name of the board to WWW. AR15. FAG [;)]. OOOOO OOOOOOO  OOOOOOO what about a sewing forum for those emergency jobs in the field, ya know, when ya lose a button or something.
Hey, what about the "best malls to shop at" forum?
I'm so confused [:)]
View Quote

We already covered this stuff on page one. It didn't go over real well.

Now back to the topic....
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Geeez, sorry M4, didn't mean to step on your open toed shoes.

Bottom line, keep it in GD if people want to talk and exchange, better yet do it by e-mail. I don't get into GD to learn how to cook.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Did anyone create this "road kill recipe" forum yet? I'm gettin hungry ;)

Seriously though, I will be checking it out when it's up. Might even contribute once in a while.

I think it's a good idea. Some of us cook, and I'm willing to bet 99% of us eat [:D]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I know, our first recipe should be [b][i]authentic gun-show flavored beef jerkey[/b][/i] [:)]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#45]
NO.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Holy Crap Vinnie, I've gotta clean my monitor and keyboard now!  That was hysterical!

As for input, I wouldn't mind the extra forum, but it would be out of place here.  Individual posts for recipe's in the GD forum is the way to go.

'bert
View Quote

*whew* I was starting to believe everyone that tells me I have no sense of humor.  Seriously, I was a cook for about 7 years in a gourmet place in one of the more affluent sections of Nassau County and would be glad to throw my hat into the ring every now and again.

However, if we ever decide to open a forum discussing personal hygiene products, I'm SOOOOOOO outta here.

Trivia: Any chefs out there?  Anyone know why there are exactly 100 creases in chef's hats?
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#47]
why Vinnie?
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#48]
100 ways to cookan egg.  It's like a chef's final exam.  They have to know how to cook an egg 100 different ways.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#49]

For some strange reason, every time I try  cooking  - everything ends up getting scorched. [flame]

Link Posted: 5/5/2002 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#50]
I am all for starting a NFD area Don (not ONE  of you bastages replied to my e-mail, either [:D])
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top