Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2002 3:04:19 PM EDT
Here is a video that is from one of our monthly carbine matches. [url]http://www.venold.com/video/Matt_truck.wmv[/url]
Shooters name withheld upon request. lol
We would love to have more AR-15ers come out and shoot with us.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#1]
We put on a carbine match every 2nd Saturday.
We also put on IDPA matches on the 1st Sunday in Johnson City and the 3rd Sunday in San Antonio.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]
[size=2][b]Ha ha ha!!![/b][/size=2]  I didn't know somebody got that on tape!  I only regret being in the other squad that day and not seeing it until half an hour later.  Poor ____, he was so embarrased.  Thanks for donating your truck to the cause!  See ya in a few days.

The video is 8.85 MB and took a long time to download.  I mirrored it [url=www.ShipItToU.com/images/special/Matt_truck.wmv]here[/url] in case your server is bogged down.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#3]
[b][red][size=4]HOLY CRAP!!![/b][/red][/size=4]

Oh man...what was our hero thinking of!  That's funny as hell.  Hope that was [b]HIS[/b] truck!  

Muzzle discipline...muzzle discipline...muzzle discipline.  [uzi]

Really, that [b]IS[/b] too bad.  I'll bet that poor guy was truly embarrassed.  I'd be.  [stick]

(Now how is the owner going to explain that one to the insurance company?)  [;D]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm impressed that he shot THROUGH the hood without deflection or anything!  What ammo was he using and did that shot hit the target anyway?

Sucks abotu the truck though!  How much to fix it and who was the owner?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting.  What mission (for lack of a better term after multiple adult type beverages) is your training focused on? CQB, home defense, SWAT, MOUT, what?  

Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I finally got it to load. It took me a half hour using my cable modem. Pretty funny
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[b][red][size=4]HOLY CRAP!!![/b][/red][/size=4]

(Now how is the owner going to explain that one to the insurance company?)  [;D]
View Quote

Iron Mike, aka [b]texastactical[/b], owns the truck (that's him walking behind ____).  You don't repair a battle wound like that.  You put a dab of primer on it and wear it proudly!
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Wait a second.  From the above posts I think maybe I didn't get the whole video.  I'll try again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Hog's Breath Saloon!! HB started right here in Fort Walton beach Florida!! Great T-shirt.

Now about that hole...yep, war wound for the Yota for sure!

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#10]
The person who everyone is refering to is me. The truck belongs to Iron Mike. Not one of my prouder moments.

I was so engrossed with the sight picture I failed to compensate for the 2+ inch barrel/sight difference. I remeber vividly that while I was shooting Mike was sayin "Higher... Higher... HIGHER!" just over my shoulder. Thought he was talking about my aim on target. Everyone kept saying "Wait till his wife sees it." Doh! Thanks for being so cool about it, Mike.

The ammo was South African.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]
So much for anonymity!  You're a good sport, ARChoo.  Hope to see you at the range this month!
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The person who everyone is refering to is me. The truck belongs to Iron Mike. Not one of my prouder moments.
View Quote

Dont feel too bad.  He was the one who decided to park his truck right on the firing line, and to have people shoot over it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought I was over it till this thread started and dredged up some old memories. Now it's back to my therapist.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:51:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I thought I was over it till this thread started and dredged up some old memories. Now it's back to my therapist.
View Quote

LMAO.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:18:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:34:19 AM EDT
[#16]
10 points and a six-pack.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Archoo, The only reason I put the video up is because it is a good quality video of what we do at our matches. (Hearing Full Auto fire from another stage in the background is cool too!) It was in no way meant to embarrass you. After shooting in, around, over,under and even through my vehicles for the last 6 or 7 years at these matches it was bound to happen sooner or later. You were just the person who was there when the Truck's luck ran out. The way I had designed the Course of fire people were suppose to take cover behind the adjoining barrel and shoot around the barrel. As I was doing my rounds as Match Director I noticed the 1st squad, (who was almost finished with that stage)had shot over the hood. I thought to myself "oh well in the interest of fairness the rest of the squads will shoot it the same way. I knew I was taking a risk letting people shoot over the hood. I take full responsibility for the incident. Archoo you are welcome back anytime to shoot with us!! By the way that is me laughing about it on the video.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:10:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm impressed that he shot THROUGH the hood without deflection or anything!  What ammo was he using and did that shot hit the target anyway?

Sucks abotu the truck though!  How much to fix it and who was the owner?
View Quote

I cant recall if he hit the target for sure or not but, I think he did.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Interesting.  What mission (for lack of a better term after multiple adult type beverages) is your training focused on? CQB, home defense, SWAT, MOUT, what?  

View Quote

Here is an excerpt from our web page regarding our mission.
"Texas Tactical's mission is to provide shooters with some of the best Tactical Competitions and Training in the world. We also  wish to provide a venue where people of like mind can gather for comaraderie and to exchange knowledge, ideas and training concepts."

We want people to have fun when they come out and shoot with us. Weapon familiarity is very important to us. Alot of shooters who own pistols , rifles and shotguns and only fire them on a static firing line find it is alot different when using your weapon of choice in a dynamic situation.
Each course of fire every month is different and may represent a CQB, home defense, SWAT or MOUT scenario. Bottom line to me is everybody Will learn something about tactics, themselves and or thier equipment during one of these matches. LEARNING AND IMPROVING IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:40:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
[size=2][b]Ha ha ha!!![/b][/size=2]  I didn't know somebody got that on tape!  I only regret being in the other squad that day and not seeing it until half an hour later.  Poor ____, he was so embarrased.  Thanks for donating your truck to the cause!  See ya in a few days.

The video is 8.85 MB and took a long time to download.  I mirrored it [url=www.ShipItToU.com/images/special/Matt_truck.wmv]here[/url] in case your server is bogged down.
View Quote

Thanks Blammo! Hope to see you soon!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:42:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Also, big thanks to Bill for capturing the moment and hosting it!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:05:53 AM EDT
[#22]
As an added bonus, you should be able to pick up 2 extra HP with the new fresh air intake system.

I'm sorry; There are two holes:
Make that 4 extra hp.  

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
As an added bonus, you should be able to pick up 2 extra HP with the new fresh air intake system.

I'm sorry; There are two holes:
Make that 4 extra hp.  

Jay
[url]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/url]
View Quote

LMAO Yeah my Toy can use all the extra horses she can get. I guess I should Thank Archoo!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Archoo, The only reason I put the video up is because it is a good quality video of what we do at our matches. (Hearing Full Auto fire from another stage in the background is cool too!) It was in no way meant to embarrass you. After shooting in, around, over,under and even through my vehicles for the last 6 or 7 years at these matches it was bound to happen sooner or later. You were just the person who was there when the Truck's luck ran out. The way I had designed the Course of fire people were suppose to take cover behind the adjoining barrel and shoot around the barrel. As I was doing my rounds as Match Director I noticed the 1st squad, (who was almost finished with that stage)had shot over the hood. I thought to myself "oh well in the interest of fairness the rest of the squads will shoot it the same way. I knew I was taking a risk letting people shoot over the hood. I take full responsibility for the incident. Archoo you are welcome back anytime to shoot with us!! By the way that is me laughing about it on the video.
View Quote

Dude. I'm not proud of what happened and let it be a lesson for all who partake in the shooting sports, yet I am proud enough to 'fess up to my screw-ups. A good time is had by all at your shootin' matches and I will show up again to partake in yer festivities.

Let this 'fluke'(I'm blaming the bullet, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it) be talked about around campfires and handed down from generation to generation for eons to come as the day that the 'toy was put to sleep(even though it still runs perfectly fine... I hope).
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Also, big thanks to Bill for capturing the moment and hosting it!
View Quote

Damn you Bill.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:54:42 AM EDT
[#26]
[Homer Simpson] DOH!! [/Homer Simpson][:D]

-T.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#27]
That was pretty good.  Don't feel to bad Archoo.  Its high on the entertainment factor.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That was pretty good.  Don't feel to bad Archoo.  Its high on the entertainment factor.
View Quote

I aim to please.[:o)]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I did something like that during the inauguration of my MT6601.

I was shooting off a buddy's deck and grabbed a cushion from a deck chair to use as a rest. I wasn't paying attention and muzzle blasted a corner of the pillow into oblivion. We stashed the cushion and made like nothing happened.

It almost worked.

The little woman came home from work and her radar went off the instant she got out of the car. That was when she came up with the 'no shooting within twenty feet of the house' rule.

I wonder if an attached garage counts as part of the house?
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Yeah, I ruined a perfectly good Carhartt jacket this spring shooting an M4 over the top of it. 1 rd and alot of gas ripped a nice big hole across the back.

Live and learn... $75 worth of experience..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top