straight to the gun
safe and not take
money or other stuff?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I always stop for hitchhikers in ski masks!
View Quote

Alaska + December = Cold ass weather.  Probably pretty common having people wearing ski masks.

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Shouldnt it be, two armed BATF agents pose as DEA? [:)]
well, on second thought, maybe not, because the victims weren't found with 12 bullet holes each
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Shouldnt it be, two armed BATF agents pose as DEA? [:)]
well, on second thought, maybe not, [red]because the victims weren't found with 12 bullet holes each[/red]
View Quote
And 400 holes in the walls and floors, and a pile of brass on the ground.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably someone has a big mouth and brag about what they have.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been waiting ever since cops starting dressing like ninjas for this to happen. I fully expect repeat incidents until the police wise up, dump the masks and citizens relearn masked characters are up to no good.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually the surprising thing about this is that it doesn't happen more often, or maybe it does and the "powers that be" just keep it quiet. Seems like I read somewhere that home invasion style burglaries were on the rise.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Something isn’t right with this story.

Anyway, bad guys impersonating cops isn’t a new problem.

In the late 1940’s, the so-called “red light bandit” - Carl Chessman - was convicted of stopping female motorists with a flashing red light and then assaulting them.  He ultimately was sent to the gas chamber.

In this area we’ve had several such incidents over the past few years, which have periodically sparked debates over unmarked police cars.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I always stop for hitchhikers in ski masks!
View Quote

Alaska + December = Cold ass weather.  Probably pretty common having people wearing ski masks.

View Quote

And how many people go hitchhiking in Alaska in December?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#12]
A couple years ago I-64 in Augusta County was plagued by a man who drove a police surplus unmarked with illegal strobes who posed as a trooper and stopped women, "arrested" them, took them up on the parkway and raped them.

Even when cops go away from the (admittedly pretty stupid looking) way-cool ninja outfits and Nomex masks, bad guys will go back to wearing fake uniforms.

I think this a better example of why you should always be sure of who you are opening the door to, and always answer it armed.  Get a storm door and keep locked all the time so that even when you open the door to talk to the people outside, they can't burst inside.  If they are cops, only talk to them through the door, and never let them inside.  If they are legit, you will see a police cruiser (pretty hard to fake without attracting a lot of attention), but you still shouldn't allow them inside.  If they are serving a warrant there will be a whole lot more than two of them present, plus, you aren't likely to be served a warrant out of the blue so you will have seen the faces of the real cops investigating a crime.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:32:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
… I think this a better example of why you should always be sure of who you are opening the door to, and always answer it armed.  

…  you aren't likely to be served a warrant out of the blue so you will have seen the faces of the real cops investigating a crime.
View Quote

Enthusiastically agree with your first statement.

Disagree a bit with your second one.

Sometime LEO’s go into a house like a bolt of lightning.

Tough call for the homeowner.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've heard of 2 or 3 incidents like this around the Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex in the past ten years.

Robbers identify themselves as police or sheriff and barge in to commit rape, murder, or theft.

No response from the public authorities on how to handle this if it should happen to you.

This will be YOUR judgement call.
View Quote

Hey 82nd, didn't this just happen again last couple of weeks?  I remember reading headline news somewhere just around Christmas about a home invasion robbery when the assailants were yelling POLICE or such when they entered the victim's home.  Was it in the mid-cities?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:34:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:19:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
And how many people go hitchhiking in Alaska in December?
View Quote

Got me on that one.  When I was in AK in the months of Aug and Sept - I saw zero.

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like a real shitty situation.  

Cops get address wrong, kick down wrong door.  
Homeowner thinks he's being robbed, defends himself.
He shoots someone or gets killed trying to defend his home.

What a nightmare trial.

[V]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#20]
This has happened numerous times, pick an agency, I've read BATF, FBI, & DEA faked robberies. You can buy the t-shirts  jackets just about anywhere, I see kids wearing the FBI T's (in small print Female Body Inspector) all the time. Answer your door with gun in hand, ask for ID. Let's face it. if some "JBT"'s come kicking in your door and you've done nothing wrong, they are likely thugs for real. BTW, these reports are discoverable evidence, if by chance you were the victim of a no-knock raid, wrong address, and you  engaged the "invaders" and lived to tell about it, you would likly be excused for your actions if you, having no criminal record, were aware such fake raids were being carried out by criminals.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Smells like inside job.
Maybe sons' friends?
Why would they go
straight to the gun
safe and not take
money or other stuff?
View Quote

Definately someone they knew (rival drug dealers). Why are a 21 year old (drug dealer) and a 23 year old (drug dealer) living at home with dad(drug dealer)?

Probubly to help with the family business (dealing drugs).
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top