Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2002 3:17:07 PM EDT
As I was driving up I-5 I saw a [b]very[/b] tight formation that could have only been the Thunderbirds or the Blue Angels.  And it would only be the Blue Angels if they were just showing off for the AF guys!  Does anyone know if there's a show this weekend?
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't ID the planes because they were a ways off and it's a little hazy today.  I would say they were F-16's.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The Blue Angels are flying in Okc this friday, saturday and sunday.  

See any who are interested at AeroSpace America 2002.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#4]
THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Heard them all day , great ; first have to listen to the C-130 and KC-135 practicing low approaches all day to this .
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not the Thunderbirds, just some visiting F-16's flying practice formation and touch & go's. Been buzzin the area close to a week now. They're wearing the traditional low visability grey paint scheme. Impressive to watch if your in the McChord area and not driving down I-5.   [-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's not the Thunderbirds, just some visiting F-16's flying practice formation and touch & go's. Been buzzin the area close to a week now. They're wearing the traditional low visability grey paint scheme. Impressive to watch if your in the McChord area and not driving down I-5.   [-=(_)=-]
View Quote

That explains why they were hard to ID!  If they'd been the T-birds, I think I could have seen the paint.  These guys were hard to see in the haze, even when cornering.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top