Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2002 4:56:31 AM EDT
[url]http://www.wired.com/news/privacy/0,1848,50187,00.html[/url]

Meet the Jacobs family: Jeffrey, Leslie and their son, Derek. They're a fairly typical American family, middle class and ambitious. The father is a dentist, the mother is an account executive at an interior design magazine and the 14-year-old son plays jazz and tinkers with computers in his spare time.

But one thing may soon make the Jacobses stand out: They could become the first family in the world to be implanted with microchips that contain their personal information.

The chip in question, the VeriChip, is similar to the biochips that have been used to identify pets and livestock for years.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:10:41 AM EDT
[#1]
idiots... and the sheeple will follow in droves.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:11:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Where can I get mine?? I sure hope it contains all my personal information on it, like the serial numbers of my guns, my underware size and my favorite fast food meal!! You guys have no idea how overjoyed it'll make me when I go to McDonald's and have to do nothing more than scan my hand, and presto!!! I have my Double Quaterpounder with cheese meal in 3 seconds. Life is going to be great!!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:12:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Never!

'Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.'
Psalms 127:1

Except the Lord keepeth me and my family, these 'digital angels' work but in vain!

Eric The(OldTestamentSortOfGuy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:37:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Yum, and their leader is on the way.  He will show the way the "next step in human evolution".

All the pieces are coming together and time is drawing short.

Say, where did all those people disappear to?[IMG]http://www.minorannoyance.net/~spin/Smilies/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:53:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
idiots... and the sheeple will follow in droves.
View Quote

Very sad & very true. [:(][:(][:(]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:57:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to be the only one here...

but I might have one implanted.

Depends on what info it has though... if it just has my medical info I would love to have one. Right now I have to wear a Medic-Alert necklace, if I could have my medical history on a chip, that would be much easier for me.

Right now, if I get sick and the ambulance crew does not locate or find my necklace, I might be in serious trouble. Plus there is a wait while they call the Medic-Alert center to get my medical information.

If that info was available on a chip, they could read it with a handheld scanner and know exactly what my medical history is.

Other than that, I'm not to sure about a chip.

Av.

Edited since I need a chip to help with speeling.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:59:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Say, where did all those people disappear to
View Quote

Boy, are you in for a surprise!
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:20:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Post from platform389 -
View Quote

Ordinarily, I would mention my unyielding support of Israel right here, but I don't want to start another 6 page thread!

Eric The(SoJustLiftUpYourEyesUntoTheHills...)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:24:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ordinarily, I would mention my unyielding support of Israel right here, but I don't want to start another 6 page thread!

Eric The(SoJustLiftUpYourEyesUntoTheHills...)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Don't worry bud, I think Israel will be getting that 7 year peace deal pretty soon.  [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:10:50 AM EDT
[#10]
How did that mutant uglydood land that chick?  Ug.  I think it is setup.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got news for you. If they came up with one that was like a LoJack for kids, all three of my kids would have one right now!

If my kids were missing, I'd like to be able to instantly find out where they are.

Other than that, I've got no current use for them, although, I am intrigued about the "Medic Alert" possibilities as mentions by Avalon01.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Sign me up!  They don't go in through the butt, do they?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've got news for you. If they came up with one that was like a LoJack for kids, all three of my kids would have one right now!

If my kids were missing, I'd like to be able to instantly find out where they are.
View Quote

[url]http://www.digitalangel.net/products/child.asp[/url]

Ask and you shall receive.  This is their "1st Generation" product.  The next one will be implanted.

[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/contrib/aahmed/sad.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I can see now, terrorists figuring out ways to have the implants explode or blowup.  

Patriots setting up jamming stations all over their neighborhood.

Anything else?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Several scientists from the Smithsonian just finished performing some measurements at the last resting place of Thomas Jefferson.

They clocked him at 3500 RPM.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#16]
i'm donating my chip to the jacobs family.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Yum, and their leader is on the way. He will show the way the "next step in human evolution".

Say, where did all those people disappear to?
View Quote

Can you say "Have you got change for a Euro?"

Luke 21:28
"When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Not to beat the drum too loudly, and I don't have the Biblical quotes to back me up but this looks like the 'Mark of the Beast' to me. Me and my family will not, repeat not, be in line for this. The people that get this chip will be making a choice, even if they do not understand that a choice is being made. This is spelled out in the Bible as choosing Satan over God. As I read the Bible, this is the only way for 'saved' people to lose their 'saved-ness', and will irrevocably curse the 'unsaved'. IMHO and in my beliefs, taking the mark will earn the people who do, an eternity in Hell.

Just wait for the two Prophets to begin preaching in Jerusalem, then try to explain all of the disappearances.

BTW, why is there not a 6 page argument over religion, (is there a God, evolution or creationism, etc) on this thread? Could it be that this issue hits a little closer to home?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#19]
How about a choice "never! stupid idea"?  This "mark of the beast" choice leaves me with the choice of voting like an infidel dog [:D] or voting like a sheeple.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How about a choice "never! stupid idea"?  This "mark of the beast" choice leaves me with the choice of voting like an infidel dog [:D] or voting like a sheeple.
View Quote

Sorry, probably should have had that.  Too late to modify the Poll.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sign me up!  They don't go in through the butt, do they?
View Quote

Not yet...but you better lube up b/c that's what happens [i]after[/i] you get the chip.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 2:06:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:03:29 AM EDT
[#23]
So how many here who said they will not take it, will head for the hills when they tell you that you need this chip to get a job or purchase anything? Just asking, because I told my wife I will bug-out. And by the way, one of the ways they plan on selling this idea is, look no more stolen credit cards or cash. Hey instant crime reduction!!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:15:31 AM EDT
[#24]
How about this one, I like it better anyway.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:45:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Why couldn't MediAlert have a chip on their necklass? How about one of those USB key fobs with megabytes of your medical history on it?
View Quote

They could, but the problem boils down to the necklace/wristband needs to be on your body, or found by the responding EMT's.

After a few experiences with the EMT's NOT finding my Medic-Alert necklace, or finding it and then NOT calling the Medic-Alert hotline, I would rater have something that they don't have to look around for.

A small chip with JUST my medical info implanted that the EMT's could read with a handheld scanner would be wonderful.

As I said before, I do not support using the chip in any other way.

Av.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#27]
no thanks, no cyberware for me.

something that happened in the '30s and '40s makes me uneasy about putting numbers on people, i dont know exactly why... maybe this is why i dont like tattoos, either?

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#28]
To the other people on this site who voted NEVER as I did. Will you stand armed with me when they come to force me to receive their chip?

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
To the other people on this site who voted NEVER as I did. Will you stand armed with me when they come to force me to receive their chip?

View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

yes, and i am seriouse here...
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I am in no way claiming that the following truth is my property.

Many believe that there will be one big, unmistakable push to confiscate guns enmasse before the true intent of the gun-grabbing, freedom squashing, right-infringing plans comes to light. There may in fact NEVER be a gun grab on a national scale in this once great nation.

The truth is, the infringers of life may not need to to succeed. They have slowly crept and slithered their way toward our enslavement. And we are not without fault--WE HAVE LET THEM. They will and have gotten one gun-owner and gun shop at a time. And slowly, the weaker willed among us have said, "Maybe the second IS about hunting arms--not military-style arms to oppose tyranny, and maybe gun control IS for the kids."

I could say all kinds of things about what I will do WHEN the line that I have drawn in the sand is crossed, but in truth, I won't know what I will do until that bridge is crossed.

However, I will say this, I have understood for quite some time that in order to walk the path of freedom, I have to go in with the attitude that if I am the only one fighting/resisting, that I and I alone MUST WIN. A determination level any lower simply WILL NOT DO.

FOr those that have read my posts in the past, it should be obvious which side I reside on in this issue and others concerning Liberty.

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." –Winston Churchill

They tell us, sir, that we are weak, --unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs, and hugging the delusive phantom of Hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak, if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. Three millions of people armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. - Patrick Henry, The War Inevitable
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Not to beat the drum too loudly, and I don't have the Biblical quotes to back me up but this looks like the 'Mark of the Beast' to me. Me and my family will not, repeat not, be in line for this. The people that get this chip will be making a choice, even if they do not understand that a choice is being made. This is spelled out in the Bible as choosing Satan over God. As I read the Bible, this is the only way for 'saved' people to lose their 'saved-ness', and will irrevocably curse the 'unsaved'. IMHO and in my beliefs, taking the mark will earn the people who do, an eternity in Hell.

Just wait for the two Prophets to begin preaching in Jerusalem, then try to explain all of the disappearances.

Your right about losing your "saved-ness" as you put it, but from what I understand, the 666 chip won't be implemented till halfway through the Tribulation, the Tribulation won't start till everyone on earth has heard the word of god, and Israel will be attacked by a massive army/airforce, which will be wiped out by GOD.

Not sure how long, but after that there will be a massive earthquake and 1/3 the people on the planet will dissapear. This is when the Tribulation starts.......7 years of a whole lotta bad things going down.......

Don't say the Bible didn't warn ya.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:24:36 PM EDT
[#33]
and the massive earthquakes are closer than you think, [url=wwwgroups.yahoo.com/group/preparation2003/]the end is comeing.[/url]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Corrected link: [url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/preparation2003/[/url]

From the website above:

The pole shift, accelerating, severe world-wide weather changes, the threat of WW3, the approach of Nibiru/Planet X, the destructive 10th planet...all of these things are coming about or have the potential to happen within the next 2 years.
View Quote

OK, time to remove the tin foil hat. The destructive 10th planet? The approach of "Planet X"? WTF? Sounds like a bad 50's sci-fi movie.

Av.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top