Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 2:04:45 PM EDT
On April 1 (I know what day it was) I sent back 2 Sako TRG-S 7.21 Firebirds to Lazzeroni Arms [url]http://www.lazzeroni.com/ct_sako.htm[/url] in Tuscon, AZ.  I sent them Priority Mail USPS.  Today I got a call from them (10 days later) asking me if I sent them the wrong box or if it was an April fools joke.  What arrived to them today in the box I sent them was packing peanuts and 4 pieces of particle board.  I shipped both the rifles in their factory boxes in one oversized box.  Bigger problem is that I under insured them for $1000 mainly for damage.  I have shipped USPS for years and have never had any all out theft.  To say the least I am pissed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Man that sucks. Did you call the Post Master General yet?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats would piss me off I would threatin to sew them I dont know if you actualy could but maybe just the threat would get them to find out who stoll them?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Call your PMG, but more importantly, call your police dept and local ranges to look for these rifles.  Additionally, when you're on the phone with the PMG, find out all rerouting stations for your package and contact those police departments and local ranges.  If it was a PO inside job, I'm betting that the thief isn't smart enough to lay low.  He'll get caught with enough diligence.  Why in hell did you only insure for $1000 though?  I always over insure for the couple bucks extra!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Your hands to theirs, theirs to Sako. They have a real problem I would think. About time you "went postal"!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I really hate to recommend this, but a call to the local BATF field office wouldn't hurt, and let the Postmaster know that you are calling them. That should get 2 Federal Agencies involved, FBI and BATF.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Not that it matters much now, but I [b]always[/b] over insure [b]everything[/b]. Not only do I want to be reimbursed for the value of my items but I also want compensation for my trouble and time it takes me to get the mess straightened out.

Insurance is cheap, compared to the headache of having stuff lost. Over insure and you won't care if your stuff gets lost.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Could be that an employee (or employees), at Lazzeroni Arms, received the package and swapped it out. May not have anything to do with the USPS route-- but its still a federal offense to tamper with mail. Several laws were broken here...

Good luck. I hope you have the serial numbers...
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Not very helpful to you at this point,  But.....

ALWAYS OVERINSURE AND OVERNIGHT WHAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO BE WITHOUT.

Insurance is cheap IMO

THe SAFEST way to send USPS is registered mail,  it cannot be overnighted,  but their is a SOLID papertrail and chain of custody on all items shipped this way.

Hope it works out well.

As for the "Lazzeroni theif facctor",  it is not likely IMO

Good luck

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Best of luck getting it sorted out 1GUNRUNNER.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:18:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did you call the Post Master General yet?
View Quote

I will in the morning.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
call your police dept and local ranges to look for these rifles.  
View Quote

Well seeing that I am one of only 2 places in the state you can buy ammo for it would be hard to hide.

Why in hell did you only insure for $1000 though?  I always over insure for the couple bucks extra!
View Quote

$1000 was for damage, outright theft that [b]had[/b] to be internal is different.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I really hate to recommend this, but a call to the local BATF field office wouldn't hurt, and let the Postmaster know that you are calling them. That should get 2 Federal Agencies involved, FBI and BATF.
View Quote

As an FFL I am required to by regulation.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Could be that an employee (or employees), at Lazzeroni Arms, received the package and swapped it out. May not have anything to do with the USPS route
View Quote

I highly doubt it.

Good luck. I hope you have the serial numbers...
View Quote

They are in the log book.

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Remember the big brown olympic sponsor that changed their shipping rules a while back? As I recall, you had to send guns only by paying for premium air service which coincidentally kept the package in their hands for the shortest time posible. I remember hearing something about a theft problem/ring they couldn't get a handle on.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:53:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could be that an employee (or employees), at Lazzeroni Arms, received the package and swapped it out. May not have anything to do with the USPS route
View Quote

I highly doubt it.

View Quote

I doubt it too, but don't rule it out until you find your guns...
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#17]
UPS only requires handguns to go overnight.  Rifles can go ground.  Not sure about class 3 stuff.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#18]
if there ever was cause for a gun to get up and kill someone like the anti's love to say happens thos would be it.

Headline : "Would'be Crook Killed by Angry Gun"

Link Posted: 4/11/2002 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I hope you get those rifles back.  I have two questions for you:
1) You have and FFL, so where is you store? (I will be taking a trip to WA soon)
2) When do you sleep, or is there a 1GUNRUNNER night shift?

Link Posted: 4/11/2002 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bigger problem is that I under insured them for $1000 mainly for damage.  I have shipped USPS for years and have never had any all out theft.
View Quote

Insurance is a form of gambling.

USPS/UPS/Fed-X gambles you package is fine, and if it is, they win your insurance money.

You gambled it wouldn't be lost, only damaged.   You lost.

Hopefully the money you saved under gambling on all those shipment over the years will compensate for the difference.

It sucks big time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 12:10:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not that it matters much now, but I [b]always[/b] over insure [b]everything[/b]. Not only do I want to be reimbursed for the value of my items but I also want compensation for my trouble and time it takes me to get the mess straightened out.

View Quote

They won't pay for your time, only your lost item.

I think you'd have a hard time getting the extra insurance out of them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Insurance is a form of gambling.
View Quote

I disagree.  If you gamble with someone, they'll typically pay-up.  I used to have to deal with our UPS and USPS shipping with work.  Most of the things we shipped USPS didn't have much value, so we normally didn't waste enough time to go through their BS to get paid back.  Not once did UPS every pay us for lost or damaged packages.  I don't understand how they can claim an entire package was lost, because it was inadequately packaged.  Again, it's not a gamble.  "The House" usually pays out in gambling.  In this case, the house works hard to never have to honor their guarantee.z

Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:19:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Yes they will pay for my time, they just won't know it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:22:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Why did you send them back?  
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:21:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure they will.  I recently shipped out an upper which sold for 600 and insured it for 750.  It only cost a few dollars or more.  Its worth it IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:30:00 AM EDT
[#26]
If you hadn't transferred them to yourself yet, then you would many laws broken in Federal and state levels.  ATF loves for you to keep the guns assigned to the business for just this situation.  They have the power to go after the thief now.  Hope they find them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top