Ok lets try to bring this back to its intended purpose.
- Network has FINALLY stabilized and been completed. We had problems with one line being physically cut and then we had issues with the other a few days ago. (Site was REAL slow then...)
- Server Architecture work begun and will continue. We've begun work on increasing the bandwidth for the site to use and moved other services into limited BW segments. This should help keep the site running faster for everyone. There is plans to drop another webserver into the cluster to help load balance the site even better. We noticed the current load is starting to strain the current architecture.
- Server Upgrades mostly complete. (Ad server being the exception at this moment.) Machines were upgraded to a minimum of 1Gig of RAM with the power servers housing 2-4 Gigs (the dual processor machines). All webservers will be single processor machines as we have re-tasked equipment properly. Webserver cluster will consist of single 700mhz to 1ghz+ servers to handle JUST web load.
- Server Additions coming soon. We'll be adding a dedicated server for website image hosting in order to move it to a limited BW site. This should allow pages to load quickly and images to not effect the main lines. They will still load quickly, but for graphic intensive pages, it means no waiting on them to see pages! This also helps drop the load from the webserver cluster to simply churning out code and data!
- Website additions/rebuild to continue. This will be the focus of the site and I will post a separate topic regarding JUST the site upgrades/changes you can expect to see. This is rather large and thus deserving of it's own post for discussion.
This should cover everything being worked on and focused on at the current time. There's also plans on upgrading the UPS backups now that the electricians have upgraded the power circuits.