Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/6/2003 3:16:10 AM EDT
Just got the album, for those of you that didnt know, they released it yesterday, even earlier than planned. Have listened up to track 5 so far, and wow is all I can say. Speed is back, as is the guitar riff theme. [headbang] My first complaint is Bob Fuckeditallup Rock. That guy cant play bass, and the drums on the album sound shitty. For the most part, they have the "garage band" sound, kinda like a "ting" when the snare is hit. Gets old real quick. And James, still so fond of the growl that turns into a whine right at the end. They gotta drop the damn Rock. Other than that, the album is very good, so far.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:21:39 AM EDT
Well... I'll have to keep my eyes on Kazaa for it. the hell if im going to give them bastards any of my money. Their music is good, and that's the only good tihng about them, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:23:24 AM EDT
I'm glad you like it. Last night the reviews sent it down in flames. I personaly haven't heard it, so I will reserve judgment.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:25:56 AM EDT
I've heard a couple of tunes on the radio. Sounds like they recorded the drums in a bathroom, using cheapo toy drums and Radio Shack mic's. I'm disappointed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:29:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:27:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/6/2003 4:28:07 AM EDT by Cincinnatus]
Mettalica was something back in the 80's. They stood out. Their sound was unique, and they were pioneers (even though they stole most of their "Kill Em All" material from a Brit band called "Diamondhead") Their new stuff has a little bit of the heaviness and some of the speed of old, BUT it also has some very gay parts that sound like a Red Hot Chili Peppers ballad. They suck.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:02:57 AM EDT
Saw the video for St. Anger...it started out badass...then turned into, well, I don't know what...it sounded like 3 different songs all going on at once. My buddy and I just looked at each other slackjawed...then he said, "I've never ever heard a song that started off that good and then sucked that bad". I'm a big Metallica fan, but I'll have to listen to someone else's copy before I buy it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:12:16 AM EDT
I haven't heard the album but boy that St Anger song sucks.... really bad. They need to hang it up.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:30:29 AM EDT
The title song "St. Anger" is so bad my dog will get up and leave the room when it comes on. I've heard garage bands on their first practice sound better than that crap.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:48:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BookHound: I heard one song on the radio and thought it was terrible. I haven't liked anything they've done since Metallica (AKA "The Black Album"). Well, okay maybe a song or two on Load is okay.
View Quote
Ditto
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:37:21 PM EDT
Fuck them! I have been a fan since before Cliff B died. Stayed with them until Lars went PC. He betrayed his fans for a dollar! My metallica cds got turned into skeet! Best use for a em. I am ashamed I spent that many years buying their music, going to their shows and supporting them to find out what really drives that band. Fuck them! CH
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:39:09 PM EDT
I download a couple of the songs from the new CD. Sounds like they were bored. Its pretty lame.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:51:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BookHound: I heard one song on the radio and thought it was terrible. I haven't liked anything they've done since Metallica (AKA "The Black Album"). Well, okay maybe a song or two on Load is okay.
View Quote
I would go even farther and say that everything after "...And Justice For All" is crap.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:57:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Lumpy196: I download a couple of the songs from the new CD. Sounds like they were bored. Its pretty lame.
View Quote
Xacly.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:04:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By chuckhammer:
View Quote
I would go even farther and say that everything after "...And Justice For All" is crap.
View Quote
I have to agree with you, "Justice" was the last decent album they recorded. But, I kept buying the new stuff, hoping they would go back to it. But I'm not buying this one, I am tired of Lar's whining bullshit all the time.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:12:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DSVET91:
View Quote
View Quote
I have to agree with you, "Justice" was the last decent album they recorded. But, I kept buying the new stuff, hoping they would go back to it. But I'm not buying this one, I am tired of Lar's whining bullshit all the time.
View Quote
Lar's is gay anyway. No, really, he likes the shaft. That was a bit of a disappointment to me at first but now it explains a lot of things.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:21:46 PM EDT
I heard if you listen to St. Anger played backwards you turn queer.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:43:21 PM EDT
I'm gonna DL the CD, burn hundreds of copies and give 'em away for free. I might even stand in Best Buy near the CD's and give out copies to anyone who even glances at the real thing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:01:06 PM EDT
And I thought people were putting lame songs on WinMX and just renameing them Metallica. Wow if that is the real thing...they suck!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:10:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:08:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RobarSR60:
Originally Posted By Lumpy196: I download a couple of the songs from the new CD. Sounds like they were bored. Its pretty lame.
View Quote
Xacly.
View Quote
I vote on them being short on cash....
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:13:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Boomholzer: I heard if you listen to St. Anger played backwards you turn queer.
View Quote
i heard if you listen to it forwards you turn queer metallica is queer
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:46:30 PM EDT
I've only heard 3 songs off it, but they sucked ass pretty hardcore. Not counting on much for the rest of the album.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:58:39 PM EDT
View Quote
Hell yes, I agree.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:11:24 PM EDT
I've only heard the title track... Sounds a bit 'rapish' in some areas (just yelling into the mic), and no where near 'worth the time to download'... What they've done that I like: Don't Tread On Me Enter Sandman Fuel Hero Of The Day I Disappear Sad But True Seek & Destroy The Memory Remains The Unforgiven II The Unforgiven Turn the Page Until it sleeps Wherever I May Roam Whiskey in jar Whom the Bell Tolls And that's about it... Maybe a few more, but...
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 12:24:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Dave_A: I've only heard the title track... Sounds a bit 'rapish' in some areas (just yelling into the mic), and no where near 'worth the time to download'... What they've done that I like: Don't Tread On Me Enter Sandman Fuel Hero Of The Day I Disappear Sad But True Seek & Destroy The Memory Remains The Unforgiven II The Unforgiven Turn the Page Until it sleeps Wherever I May Roam Whiskey in jar Whom the Bell Tolls And that's about it... Maybe a few more, but...
View Quote
You have no pre-1990 tracks listed here. Are you a "young 'un" or what's going on here? The first four albums are where the rubber meets the road.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 12:50:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/7/2003 12:52:21 AM EDT by Demordrah]
Originally Posted By Dave_A: I've only heard the title track... Sounds a bit 'rapish' in some areas (just yelling into the mic), and no where near 'worth the time to download'... What they've done that I like: Don't Tread On Me Enter Sandman Fuel Hero Of The Day I Disappear Sad But True [red]Seek & Destroy[/red] The Memory Remains The Unforgiven II The Unforgiven Turn the Page Until it sleeps Wherever I May Roam Whiskey in jar [red]For Whom the Bell Tolls[/red] And that's about it... Maybe a few more, but...
View Quote
You have no pre-1990 tracks listed here. Are you a "young 'un" or what's going on here? The first four albums are where the rubber meets the road.
View Quote
You must have missed these [:)]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 2:11:45 AM EDT
The only albums I ever really liked were Master Of Puppets, Ride The Lightning and And Justice For All. But now that I hear their whiney ass little PC mouths constantly gripping or bitching about something, I won't listen to them period. Both Metallica and the Dixie Chicks can go take a flying _______ for all I care.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 2:24:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/7/2003 2:25:02 AM EDT by kay9]
Ive never let politics decide what music I listen to. Never will. Seems kinda juvenile to me.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:08:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Demordrah:
Originally Posted By Dave_A: I've only heard the title track... Sounds a bit 'rapish' in some areas (just yelling into the mic), and no where near 'worth the time to download'... What they've done that I like: Don't Tread On Me Enter Sandman Fuel Hero Of The Day I Disappear Sad But True [red]Seek & Destroy[/red] The Memory Remains The Unforgiven II The Unforgiven Turn the Page Until it sleeps Wherever I May Roam Whiskey in jar [red]For Whom the Bell Tolls[/red] And that's about it... Maybe a few more, but...
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
Nice editing, boss. Might as well add Fade to Black while you're at it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:31:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Demordrah:
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
Nice editing, boss. Might as well add Fade to Black while you're at it.
View Quote
I didn't ADD any songs to that list. The only thing I did was to correct the title For Whom The Bell Tolls.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:30:32 AM EDT
Oops. [:D]
Top Top