[#6]
I think it was all just a case of premature moderation.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Full moon? Can we lock this now?

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#8]
It would be a great beginning if all staff would adhere the rules they enforce and remain consistent.
Like it or not, you have a few on staff here that have one set of rules for themselves and another for members. That creates an atmosphere of disrespect which is the cornerstone of a staff member on any board.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Gunslinger pretty much nailed it. Most all of us come here to blow off a little steam, talk guns, talk shit. As I told you before, Goatboy, sometimes it gets pretty PC around here. The mods are oftentimes quite arbitrary and overbearing in their "decisions". I work hard everyday, am a professional and a vet. Many here like me and many different. I don't think any of us like being talked down to or treated like serfs. When we complain about said treatment we're told we can leave anytime or words to that effect. Its bullshit. It was ridiculous banning me for what I was saying and perhaps even moreso for what GySgt D said.

Anyway, that being said: LORDTRADER, ILLINI, CONFEDERATE ALL DID IT!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Who's on first?????????? [;)]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who's on first?????????? [;)]
View Quote

It sure isn't the Cowboys! [:D][:D][:D]
What happened today Don??

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/032/lR/jq/Yg/yM99690.jpg[/img]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:04:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It would be a great beginning if all staff would adhere the rules they enforce and remain consistent.
Like it or not, you have a few on staff here that have one set of rules for themselves and another for members. That creates an atmosphere of disrespect which is the cornerstone of a staff member on any board.
View Quote

The key word here boys and girls is "Staff":
Not Administrator: Not Moderator.

Just a guess on my part.

Jay
Arizona

Life is hard:
It's harder if you're stupid
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I think were just in a "growth spurt" again and having growing pains. The trolls come in, raise a fuss, get everyone worked up, then when they are figured out it's back to good ol AR15.com

Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:16:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I get SOOO tireds of these childish pissing sessions.

If you don't like it here, GO AWAY.

Don't threaten to go away, don't whine, don't go away and then come back, don't rename yourself and keep posting, just [size=6] GO AWAY. [/size=6]

If its so terrible here, WHY are you willfully subjecting yourself to the "abuses" that go on here?? Better yet, why are you subjecting us to your whining, when you CHOOSE to come here???

Frankly, with all these pissing sessions, I'm thinking of taking my own advice. At least from GD.
[rolleyes]

Other gun forums don't have these problems. Why is that??? I have my suspicions.

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#16]
HOW ABOUT GETTING EXPERIENCED MATURE PEOPLE TO MODERATE THIS SITE?  PEOPLE IN THE KNOW, PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE MATURITY TO HANDLE A BIT OF RIBBING FROM THE MEMBERS. NOT YOUNG KIDS (i.e. LIBERTY76 whatever the fuck his name was) WHO GETS SO DAMN GIDDY WITH A BIT OF POWER THAT FELL ON HIS LAP.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#17]
It's "Hanoi Jane Fonda's" Fault.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Was that 2 of the red ones in the morning, and
1 white one after lunch, or 2 white ones & then
1 red one after lunch?  Shit this is so confusing......

Pouring some of each in hand.....looking for
drink.....

[bounce]

Edited to make animation work.  Hey GB - the
animation legend needs corrected.  See bounce
(missing the "n")
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Ritalin would be a bad choice, GB. Hell, maybe that's the problem. I'd recommend Xanax or prozac. Maybe both. And no I'm not doing mail order scripts!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#22]
darn, did i miss the "nice boobs" thread?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

[size=5][red]Did someone call for me? [/size=5][/red][:D]
View Quote

The VOICE OF REASON has arrived![8D]

Say Voice, where have you been?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Not me....I didn't do it....really.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Don't threaten to go away, don't whine, don't go away and then come back, don't rename yourself and keep posting, just [size=6] GO AWAY. [/size=6]

If its so terrible here, WHY are you willfully subjecting yourself to the "abuses" that go on here?? Better yet, why are you subjecting us to your whining, when you CHOOSE to come here???

Frankly, with all these pissing sessions, I'm thinking of taking my own advice. At least from GD.
[rolleyes]

Other gun forums don't have these problems. Why is that??? I have my suspicions.

View Quote

What a helpful attitude.  Thanks, garandman.

GB, you know with whom I have my issues.  Moderators have a job that I will admit that I will never do.  I just think that lately there has been a shift towards defending moderators only because they are moderators.  If someone is made a moderator they should have at least been here long enough to know us.  We never had many problems in the chat room until we had moderators other than DonR.  I don't know what the solution is but I think there is a problem.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
HOW ABOUT GETTING EXPERIENCED MATURE PEOPLE TO MODERATE THIS SITE?  PEOPLE IN THE KNOW, PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE MATURITY TO HANDLE A BIT OF RIBBING FROM THE MEMBERS. NOT YOUNG KIDS (i.e. LIBERTY76 whatever the fuck his name was) WHO GETS SO DAMN GIDDY WITH A BIT OF POWER THAT FELL ON HIS LAP.
View Quote

Or we could oust people who like to rile others up and bitch and moan about every little thing and NOT MOVE ON.

Everyone needs to take some of the free riddlin samples on their way out of this post...

[=D]

-- GB
View Quote

riddlin?  what in the hell......do u mean

RITALIN?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

[rolleyes]

View Quote

Thank You.

go away.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
darn, did i miss the "nice boobs" thread?
View Quote

Damn!  I missed it too!
Somebody post a link to the "nice boobs" thread.

[shock]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Or we could oust people who like to rile others up and bitch and moan about every little thing and NOT MOVE ON.

Everyone needs to take some of the free riddlin samples on their way out of this post...

[=D]

-- GB
View Quote

riddlin?  what in the hell......do u mean

RITALIN?
View Quote

[size=4] [blue] He probably meant me!!!  [devil] [/size=4] [/blue]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top