Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2002 9:37:12 AM EDT
Considering the possibility the perp(s) is captured alive what's going to happen?

If the killer is an American there's going to be a trial that with preliminaries will take at least a year.  Media coverage will be intense.  Gun-grabbing Democrats and liberals will monopolize every electronic and print media except talk radio and the internet.  With no effective spokesperson we as gun owners are going to get smeared with lies and Clintonized half-truths for years.

If it's a foreigner there's the political Bravo Sierra from the UN, Amnesty International, the Pope, Hollywood and every Islamic nation on the face of God's earth.  Liberal media elites again play pile-on with their lies.  Additioanl gun show legislation will most likely be passed.  And state-level firearm restrictions will be enabled by the circumstances.

Only chance for an even break we as gun owners have is for the killer to die instead of be captured.  That's what I hoping will happen.

So how are we going to maneuver for a break in this mess?  What's a spin we can use when the killer is killed/captured?  I wish we had a set of "talking points" established for dissemination the instant the killer is neutralized.  If we beat the anti's to the punch at least we have a fighting chance.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Somewhere in the region of the shootings, there is going to be a Massive L.A. Bank type gun battle in the next few days.

Multiple perps with semi-auto rifles. Maybe as many as four bad guys.

The best possible scenario for law enforcement, would be for some sort of break though in the case, that would allow them to confront the shooters in a surprise and barricade situation, in which LEOs can surround the building and control the area before the shooting starts.

The worst case scenario, would be a unrelated law enforcement car stop, that turns into a running gun battle on a hwy or civilian area, in which the first LEO units are fed into the battle piece meal as they arrive on scene.

you can bet that if news helicopters get footage of the upcoming shootout, as they did in the L.A. Bank shootout, that those pictures will be splashed all over every electronic and print news outlet from now till the Nov 7 elections.

If it turns out as I believe it will, that the shooters are Middle Eastern Terrorists, then the poll numbers supporting the war on terror, will bound back up into the 80's and the republicans will take back the Senate.

If it turns out to be some sort of home grown right wing nut job conspiracy, then there will be a backlash against American gun owners, the likes of which we have never seen in our life times and the democrats will make gains of it forever.

This may sound cold and political calculating, but these are the unavoidable facts.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
As police close in on the shooters, their van will explode, killing dozens of cops & the unlucky commuters caught in the gridlocked traffic with them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#4]
They catch him and try him, and as he's being lead from the courthouse after conviction, a .223 zips throught that thin vest they'll have him in. It's so ironic I wouldn't mind his quicker demise.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Shooters aren't caught- guns will be banned with support from law enforcement.

Shooters are caught- guns will be banned with support from law enforcement.

You all deserve what you get for bashing cops.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Shooters aren't caught- guns will be banned with support from law enforcement.

Shooters are caught- guns will be banned with support from law enforcement.

You all deserve what you get for bashing cops.
View Quote

This guy is [i]still[/i] around huh?
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#7]
If it turns out that he or they are Middle-eastern terrorists then they will be prisoners of war if they are captured. Might not be any lengthy trial. There would however be a lengthy interrogation. No bail or public defenders for prisoners of war.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If it turns out that he or they are Middle-eastern terrorists then they will be prisoners of war if they are captured. Might not be any lengthy trial. There would however be a lengthy interrogation. No bail or public defenders for prisoners of war.
View Quote

HTG that's sorta where I'm going.  It the Perp's a foreigner the media will attack gunshows as the source of the firearm.  But we might not have to endure a public trial.  I don't like the thought of Court TV putting us all on trial.

I still believe a coordinated set of talking points to disseminate would be preferable to sitting back waiting to be hit by the anti-gunners.  From many messages on this board we know at least SOME media outlets we could bombard with our spin.  If we're prepared.  I hate playing defense.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I think the shooters will be tied to more killings in this country!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top