Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2002 6:45:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:46:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The guy in the poster was arrested when he returned from Europe.  It seems that the Canadian government didn't agree with the civilian casualties resulting from his bombing missions over Germany.[}:D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Got one word which says it all for the courage of the Canadian soldier: Dieppe[left]Without the raid on Dieppe, Overlord would have had much higher casualties, and many an allied soldier owes his life to the lessons learned through the sacrifices made by the almost entirely Canadian raiding force. See, some of us do remember and appreciate.[/left]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Striker:
I was looking for your E address to forward this to you. I should have known better.
Thanks for the post and for being the best of neighbors.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Many of us Americans know of the canadians valor in war both in africa,vietnam,burma,afgan,and even here in the old USA.  And don't think for a moment that We and yes you wouldn't be at peace with any other neighbor than what we have.

God Bless You Cannooks!  

Bob Cole            [^]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Bobbyjack

Do you know of Canadians that served in Vietnam?  I may be dumb but I never heard of them in Vietnam.  I'm just curious as to you knowledge.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Some 50,000 Canadians came down and joined the US armed forces and fought in Vietnam. The Canadian gov't views them as mercenaries, and didn't recognize their effort. I don't know if that has ever changed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 2:18:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Saluting Canada.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 2:24:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Always cool in my book...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top