Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2002 5:40:59 AM EDT
My 17 year old daughter had a seizure yesterday afternoon [b]while driving her car[/b] to a friends house after school.  Luckily they had gotten away from the after-school crowd of kids but were still in town so she wasn't driving fast.  Her friend was able to control the car and get it safely stopped so there wasn't an accident and nobody was hurt.  

She's still in the hospital this morning with Mrs. A3kid, who spent the night with her.  So far the EKG & MRI they did hasn't shown anything abnormal.  She's got no history of any kind problems like this so we're all in a state of shock over what happened.  I know it was a serious seizure because she bit 3 holes in her tongue when it happened.  I'll keep you all up to date as I learn more, but for now those of you who are inclined to do so, please pray for her health, strength for the Mrs. & I, courage for her younger sisters and wisdom for the physicians who are trying to find out what happened and why.  

I'm trying to stay positive & hopeful because I know sometimes things like this can happen once and never happen again, but I'm fearful because sometimes it's the beginning of a problem that never goes away.

FWIW, no genetic history of epilepsy on her maternal or paternal side for as far back as anybody can remember.

Thank you.

A3(thescaredtodeath)kid

[:(]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:51:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I am very sorry to hear what happend to your daughter. My most sincere wishes for her to quickly restore her health.

Stay positive and strong, brother.

Eric
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:01:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Although I'm not what you'd call a religious person, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  That's gotta be pretty scary.  I hope it's nothing serious.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Done.  Stay strong and positive.  I hope all works out for you and your family.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:08:00 AM EDT
[#4]
i'm only too happy to return the gesture. on its way!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:09:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Rest assured in this - Our most gracious and loving Heavenly Father, please be with this father, his daughter, and their family at this most critical time. Hold this family in the Palm of Your Hand, and bring up a hedge around them against any harm coming to them. Restore the health of the daughter quickly and be with those that minister unto her, both medically and spiritually. We ask this as Your children, and in His Name. Amen.

a3kid, I will see that people who are much more worthy than I, ask this in His Name, as well!

In the meanwhile, as one father to another, I will continue steadfast in my prayers until we hear next from you. God [u]will[/u] be with you and your family.

Eric The(Amen!)Hun
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#6]
May the Lord bless and proctect you, your family and your daughter.
She will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Colin

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
Matthew 7:7

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name and I will do it."
John 14:13

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:11:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Let's hope that everything works out fine, prayer sent.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#8]
My prayers and thoughts will be with you and your family.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Scott,

You're always in my prayers, darlin', but consider another special request on it's way.  As horrifying as it seems, epilepsy is a fairly well-understood condition.  That is a good thing.  

Take care... [:)]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:28:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Our best to you and your daughter, Scott.
She's being watched over or she wouldn't have survived while driving.  Mrs. Bearlaker's prayers are with her.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:37:37 AM EDT
[#11]
My prayer and best wishes to you, to your daughter and to your family.  

Is it Epilepsy?  I got a friend who got that and I had to drive him to the hospital once.  He also bit his tongue. Temporary Lost of memory and foaming at the mouth. It can be treated with medicament.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:46:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Already done.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Done.

All the best, A3.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Our thoughts and prayers are with you...
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#15]
CONSIDER IT DONE..
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks everybody.  Still waiting on an update.

Test and wait...

Test and wait...

Test and wait...

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:13:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Prayers incoming.
A child in need brings the strongest of men to thier knees.
Faith.

[:)>]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:15:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Done.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:25:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:33:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#21]
I will pray........best of luck....GOD bless......K.K.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:11:36 AM EDT
[#22]
May the Lord provide strength and courage during this very trying time, to your daughter, to your wife and to you. May the Lord provide a quick and complete recovery for your daughter. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Keep us informed as to her recovery. Keep your wife's and your spirits up, most everything in life is transitory.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#23]
On the way....
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I know a couple other people that this happened to growing up. I wish you and yours the best, I hope it all turns out well.

Epilepsy is pretty common and the people I know with it always seem to be just fine afterwards. Watching someone go through that can be pretty scarry. She's very lucky because a car is just about the worst place to have an attack.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#25]
They released her & she went to finish the day at school!  We still haven't learned anything yet - but they see no reason to keep her any longer.  Off to the neuroligist on Monday.

Thank you all for you prayers.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#26]
A3Kid,

I just saw this thread and my prayers are with you and yours today.

Hope everything continues to get better.

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#27]
My son had a siezure also when I was driving home from a birthday party.  We ended up taking my son to the emergency room, and to the neuralogist, and they couldn't find anything. It has been about 10 years now, and it has not re-occurred. I scarced my wife $hitless.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#28]
WOW, what satcong said. Glad everything is ok.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey kid, our prayers are with you and yours.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#30]
May God be with you and your's Kid
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#32]

My prayers are for you and your daughter.

[i]"Fear not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD" ~ Exod. 14:13[/i]

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#34]
My prayers go out to you and yours.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#35]
This happened to a girl I worked with.  She was in the car too, with 3 kids, only one of them was hers.  Fortunately she was at a red light and someone stopped the car.

Never happened again...
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#36]
done
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#37]
a3, my thoughts are with your daughter.  One of my sisters had the same thing happen when we were teenagers back in the stone age.  It turned out to be epilepsy.  Thirty seven years later and she is still fine.  She is the only one of seven of us to get it.  She has led a very normal life, including children.  It sounds like what happened to your daughter.  I promise you that if this is indeed the case, she will be just fine.  As has been said, epilepsy is very understood by the medical profession.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top