Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2001 9:52:17 PM EDT
Hi all.

I wasn't able to make contact with Dominick or his wife.  

(OneShot1Kill was arrested for a firearms "violation" and cannot afford an attorney)

I don't know him other than from here, but any one of us could EASILY be in this predicament !

I really had no clue as to how to coordinate this and, since he is in jail, I would assume that time is of the essence.

I took a chance and went to PayPal.com and tried to make a payment to the e-mail address that we have on file for OneShot.

It worked !   He is already a PayPal member.

Here's the scoop:
There is absolutely NO pressure to contribute, but if you can, it would be a great way to assist out a fellow gun owner and his family in their time of need.

Just to let everyone (and his family) know what is going on, after you contribute $$, post the amount here with the e-mail address that you used to send.  (and include your AR15.com "name" in the comments on the paypal payment screen so they will know where the contributions are coming from)

[url]www.PayPal.com[/url]

His E-Mail Address:   [email protected]

Thanks !
Rich
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I just started the ball rolling.

$100 from us -- just sent via paypal.

AND..   I posted this info on Assaultweb.net and GlockTalk.com

Try to get the word out to any other firearms/freedom related site.

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Beat me to it-- Just sent $100.00 via pay pal to : [email protected]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Sent $50 to the above listed e-mail address.

SEMPER FI!!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in for some $$.

This is nuts!  

Has anyone had contact with him???

Has he got a lawyer to represent him??
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I do not belive anyone has --His wife posted this aftrenoon in his stead-- talked about a bail hearing at around 4 -
If that did not happen they could hold him till monday if no judge sits in White Plains over the weekend or his wife did not make bail etc
Also the county lockups do intake most of the time and releases after breakfast around here at least in OC jail-- most are the same -- so if he did not make it by shift change this afternoon they would concievably hold him till the AM which bites cause they throw you in OND-Over night detention- which is one big open cell where the lights stay on and you will not want to sleep even if you could. So maybe he will get out in the morning maybe not till monday He would have posted by now if he was out I think.
At least in GA you could bail some one out 24/7 no problem if you had the cash the sherrif had the keys !
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey fellas.  I sent $100 but Paypal said Dom has exceeded the limit an dwould have to upgrade before he could get it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey fellas.  I sent $100 but Paypal said Dom has exceeded the limit an dwould have to upgrade before he could get it.
View Quote

Crap..  I knew there was a reason why I hated paypal !

We should really give some careful consideration to setting up a permanent paypal account for occasions like this.

Goatboy...  are 'ya listening?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Gotta love some of the Bastards on "Other" gun sites....

I wish I'd kept the original posts here so that I could have been more detailed in my post:

[url]www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=406030&t=7797#post406030[/url]

What a asswipe.  
Calling OneShot a "dirtbag" without even knowing him !  (the "deputy" is probably from New Rochelle)
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#9]
paypal charges a fee, something like 2% for transactions over $100 in a month that envolve receiving money from a credit card. a permanent ar15.com run fund might be a good idea, plus it would make it harder for the police to see who was sending money (yeah I know, tinfoil hat time [:)])
I posted in the glocktalk thread, supporting oneshot, or at the very least giving him the benefit of the doubt, I guess it depends on how you look at it
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 4:19:33 AM EDT
[#10]
OK, his paypal account has exceeded his limit, now what?

Should I just go ahead and send it, and he'll get it when he updates it? I'd also be willing to send a check or something to his family if that will work. I know it won't be immediate, but would probably get there in 2-3 days.

Let me know by email if you want.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 4:22:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey, don't we have a brothers in arms fund for ar15.com members? I remember donating to it when I got my legp. I IM'd Goatboy, Grin, and Anti about it.

I think you might still be able to give here:
[url]https://www.castle-arms.com/secure.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 4:58:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Hmm... we are sending money to NY cops under the Heroes Fund

and now we are sending money to a victim of NY cops

Anyone else find this ironic?
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:28:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:34:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I do NOT.  You can hardly lump "our" LEO's in with those who did this to Oneshot1kill.  Please note Waverunner has sought to help here, Palmer has inquired, as has Hunduh.  Not all are the same, just like nekkid wimmins.  LOL
View Quote

Granted, but aren't they their brothers keepers?  The police departments DON'T clean up their own houses.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:45:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#16]
$25 donated thru paypal.

Best of luck, OneShot.  

FooBarBaz
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:50:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 7:39:35 AM EDT
[#18]
$25.00 on the way.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Juan, I am with you if we need to make a road trip.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Grin_N_Barrett is in NYC right now, but next time he calls in, I will relay this info to him, and suggest the "Brothers in Arms" fund be used!
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#22]
RBAD,
hey, I owe you $35?  Send it here?
c-rock
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#23]
EDsr,  I never hear anything from you anymore, and feel so unloved!

BTW:  Guess what type of pain seems to be starting up again..?  [:(]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Goatboy,can we send the money to your PayPal account yet for the defense fund. I got layed off last friday but we must stick together when one of us are in need and Im in for $25. Post when I can send it in !

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Grin_N_Barrett is in NYC right now, but next time he calls in, I will relay this info to him, and suggest the "Brothers in Arms" fund be used!
View Quote

Geez Anti -- I had forgotten about the "Brothers in Arms" fund.

You Grin_N_Barrett were really ahead of your time !   It's a great concept and I really hope it grows into something BIG.  

I'd much rather contribute to a fund that will be available to our fellow brothers in times of crisis than to the "big" charities which waste $$ on administrative costs and support anti-gun groups.

Thanks !
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
RBAD,
hey, I owe you $35?  Send it here?
c-rock
View Quote

PERFECT !!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#28]
RBAD, we need to make sure that Waverunner and the rest of the good officers hear about this. A little peer pressure just might help.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Would like to hear the whole story before i decide....

From what I can gather he was changing a tire on the side of the road, somebody saw his trunk gun and called the police. Apparently it's illegal to have a gun in your car where this happened, unless travelling directly to or from the range. During a further search (either consent or incident to his arrest for the trunk gun) police discovered other possibly illegal weapons (stun gun and OC spray).

Is this even close?
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
He did nothing wrong, except possibly the possession of a non-functional stun gun.  
View Quote

"Right & "Wrong" have little to do with legal or illegal. I think we all agree ghe did nothing morally "wrong", but nobody will say if he did anything illegal.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#32]
AR15fan,

He as been charged with illegal possesion of a stun gun (which was found in his home). IIRC all charges concerning the AR and the events of Halloween night have been dropped.

Kyle
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I just spoke with a representative of the Second Amendment Foundation regarding the establishment of a formal NPO and legal defense fund to assist with situations like what just happened to oneshot1kill. It sounds like Brothers In Arms is already rolling but we need to affiliate ourselves with a major hitter like the SAF and have a more formalized approach. I was thinking more along the lines of a fund with elected officers and trustees so everyone would feel okay about donating and there would be a bonafide NPO status for taxes.

I have scheduled a telephone conference with their lead legal consultant (David LaCourse) for Monday. Should any AR15.com member want to participate and assist in getting this set up, please email me at [email protected]

I will return my contact info. I will be around some this weekend for conversations (Sunday). I will post a followup after my conversation on Monday. Meanwhile, if anyone has any ideas, etc... please post or email me.

We have to make this happen because any one of us could be the next target.

Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#36]
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=68548&page=1[/url]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I have donated $35.00 to oneshot's cause.  

Good luck Brother!
c-rock
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Who and where are we sending donations.....so many threads/posts, yet I cant seem to find who to paypal!!!

Beekeeper, thanks for defending us back there!!Much appreciated...

Lastly, I should be meeting Grin NBarret tomorrow morning with Waverunner, we are supposed to meet up for lunch, maybe we could shoot up to New Rochelle (20 mins) and visit Oneshot and see if he needs anything.

Pass this  message along to oneshot and have him email me his phone number!!  Unfortunate circumstances to have to meet, but what better time than now while Grin is in NYC?
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 2:19:41 AM EDT
[#39]
I don't know what I can do to help with the NPO but I'm willing to volunteer for whatever will see this through.

We might have it ok right now with a Pro 2nd Amed Att. General but things could radically change in four years.  This needs to be on everyone's mind and should be made a priority, I know we all are busy and have lives and families.  But like it's already been pointed out, this could be anyone of us in OneShot's place.

My daddy always told me never to volunteer for nuthin' but this is an exception.

Ready for my orders! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 2:43:14 AM EDT
[#40]
I brought this to Grin's attention yesterday afternoon, and the "Brothers in Arms" fund [u]will[/u] be made available!

One very important thing to note however, is that this fund must constantly be replenished in order to remain a viable solution in times such as this...  The greater the fund, the more it will help!
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Pardon my paranoia, but has any of this been independantly verified? With all of the Internet hoaxes these days, I would hate to see hard working folks coughing up thier dough to a phantom on the Internet.
 That being said, if this can be verified, all gun owners should come to his defense.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:00:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#43]
I did not read the whole thread, All I want to know is where do send the Money?  
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#44]
ONESHOT   did you get my e-mail?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#46]
I can't believe that the local PD is attacking one of ours like this.  It is indeed a lesson to all of us.  We all need to pitch in to do what we can. Any one of us could find ourselves in the same trouble some day.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Hang in there man. This will all blow over and we'll all be laughing about this down the road.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top