Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2002 12:48:42 PM EDT
 YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST:
Mike Tyson will be knocked out by Lennox Lewis, in the 6th round of this Saturday's fight.  
 That is, of course, if he has not been disqualified on a foul or other abomination of boxing (which is quite possible).
 No money, but who would like to make a friendly bet otherwise???

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Lewis gets mauled and kicked in the nuts by Tyson on the 5th.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Who cares about that? What I wanna know is when does an ear get bitten off?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I sure as hell hope so!

I think its time Tyson gets his ass kicked hard!!  The man is a punk and nothing more.  BTW, I will be watching it at a friends house tommorrow, anyone know who are the undercard fights??   Any woman boxers this time??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree, Tyson gets creamed.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone from this site in the Tampa/ST. Pete area is invited to my Tyson-Lewis (or the Mike Tyson asskicking)pay-per view party!
 Beer, BBQ, soda, the fight, etc...
 RSVP to this link for directions to the party.  

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I sure as hell hope so!
I think its time Tyson gets his ass kicked hard!!  The man is a punk and nothing more.  
Sgtar15
View Quote

Amen. He shouldn't be allowed inside a ring..unless it's to sweep it after the professional's are done.
View Quote

Hey striker nice 3rd gen Z, I have an
SLP 91 GTA, do you visit the 3rd gen forum?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree. Tyson will be the clear loser, because (among other things) Lewis is in better physical shape, and has a +6in. arm reach than Tyson, although he weighs only about 5lbs. more.
I still think it will be an interesting fight.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Well since most here think Tyson will lose I guess I have to be the Great Dissenter.

Tyson KO's Lewis in 3rd Round.

Lewis, a notoriously slow starter will be overrun by a ferocious but rusty Tyson.

Lewis will come out and "look" warmed up in the first 30 seconds but will slow down after he learns Tyson is too wound up to control.
There will be a takedown in the first round (within the first two minutes), LOTS of hitting on the break, hitting after the bell and a minor melee will insue at the end of the first round when Lewis gives Tyson a "FU" glare after the bell.

The second round will see Tyson lunging more and Lewis grappling and holding on - still trying to crankstart his engine. Tyson will eat lots of  jabs coming in but be held excessively by Lewis.

The third round will find Lewis opening up more and becoming more aggressive, which will lead to his demise. He won't be prepared for the power of Tyson and will get caught with stunning blow coming in. He'll drop fast and get up fast, stagger up, grapple and hold on but he'll go down again for good. End.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I want to see Tyson kick that Brits ass.
Will he?
Probably not.
If he can't do it in 3 rounds he's done.
In my experiance a man talking trash is the one who is scared and most likely to lose.
That being said, I still want Tyson to kick that Brits ass.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Mike should start with hard hitting body punches instead going for the head first. But unfortunately Mike has always been a headhunter.

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry to disapoint you guys, but there will be no KO, or TKO. It's going to the cards, and Lewis will win by decision.

First couple of rounds might be interesting, but I bet it gets boring after that.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#16]
If any mortal could beat Tyson, it would be Lewis, but no mortal can beat him ;)
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Tyson, unable to put Lewis down, shoots him in the last remaining seconds of the final round with a .38 cal. Taurus that was handed to him by his corner man between rounds.
He claims afterward that he does not remember doing it and he is sorry but still would like to fight again.
Lewis is awarded the title belt posthumously.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#18]
My half-prediction is:
If Tyson doesn't KO Lewis by the end of the
third round, Lewis wins by decision.

DanM
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#19]
How about a simple "who will win" poll ?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Lewis in 4!
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Mike'the raper'Tyson[:E] needs to get his voice adjusted really high by someone[;D]....glad it's not going to be me![:D]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Tyson chokes and dies on Lewis' ear in the 5th, leaving Lewis the one eared winner by default.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#23]
No decision.  These are not fighters who win and lose by the cards.  One of them will take the other out.

Lewis today vs. Tyson ten years ago--that would be a hell of a fight.  Lewis today vs. Tyson today is going to be a wash.  No way Tyson can hang with Lewis.  His hands are fast but he doesn't have the feet to move the way he'd have to against Lewis.

And if you're cheering for Tyson, IMHO, you haven't been paying attention.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd rather watch Ultimate Fighting Championship. Wish it was on instead.[stick]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top