BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/31/2002 8:35:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I've thought about it.  Am I part of the in crowd yet?

I just think that some people spend more time here than others which allows them to be better know.  Allot of guys share allot of personal stuff on this board.  I see everyone here as family.  No matter where I go I will always have family there.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
You "in crowd" are always hurting my little feelings.  Wah.

Though my post count may not reflect it, I was here 2 years prior to the board change, and registered again here shortly thereafter.  I says what I want, and iyamwhatiyam.  In crowd, I don't follow fashion, that'd be a joke, I'm the one that makes them makes them, so everybody take note take note!

EDITED TO ADD: I AM NOW POSTING WHILE DRINKING< FORGIVE ME!!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#3]
What.....ever,as if I would even talk to you guys[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#4]
•  Is there an "in crowd" here??
View Quote

Yup! They even have their own forum, where they talk about the rest of us behind our backs!!  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, who told Bee about us....? [:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#7]
He must have misunderstood my IM, I was trying to tell him that there was a [blue]new[/blue] "in-crowd" starting, "did he know?".  He should not drink and moderate. [;D]

Ed
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#8]
And for the record, I wouldn't hit them with Lordtrader's dick......

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Am I part of the in crowd yet?
View Quote

How about now?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm part of the the "out crowd". I never know what's going on here. I think there's something big going on that I'm missing.

I'm not even going to renew my my membership.

I might even smoke a fat joint and kick my First Sergeant in the crotch.

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe when he joined he didn't get the secret hand shake data or the Alma Mada song:    I'am in with the in crowd I know what the in crowd knows, I'm in with the in crowd I know where the in crowd goes!   (chorus);;;;

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#15]
This reminds me of an old Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs song: 'I'm in with the out crowd'.

This website draws a pretty independent following. Crowd is a pretty poor choice of words.

Motley Collection of individuals is more like it.

Nah, this is one forum where there ain't no crowd, either In nor Out.

(Which is somewhat dissappointing, as I'm generally in with the out crowd)

Whatever.

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#16]
"in crowd"

This is my in crowd. [url]http://www.calvarygs.org/calvary/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
An IM received from a Member a couple weeks ago got me wondering about this again.  He said something to the effect of, "I guess I'm just not part of the in crowd."  I do not see the presence of an "in crowd" as that suggests some kind of exclusive club, or clique, that does not allow entry by anyone not approved by said "in crowd."  What I do see is a large group, often referred to as family, that welcomes anyone in, just by participating.  It takes a little while to interact enough to be known, and build friendships, but I have seen no one rejected because they were not "cool" or did not fit in.  For sure, all are welcome to participate, and with a little time, will become one of the non-existent "in crowd."  [:)]

Has anyone ever thought about this?
View Quote

Oh no....it's most definitely here. I rarely recall a forum where there wasn't an in crowd....I think it's more a conditioned outcome of a gathering of peoples. But it really has nothing to do with the normally associated conventions of the 'in crowd'. It's not a matter of being accepted or rejected, inclusion or exclusion. Simply a matter of the personalities of the board. It's why you've got people with three or four hundred posts in this 'group', and people with three or four thousand posts not in this 'group'. The 'in crowd', as far as web forums go, are pretty much the more charismatic extroverts of the group.

For example....if I were to post about my woes of the relationship lack, I wouldn't generate half the amount of buzz that LT does. Doesn't mean that anybody cares less.....doesn't mean I'm not a 'member' of this 'in crowd'. Everyone knows him, he's a vocal and funny person, whereas most people don't know me. It's just the way people are, and has nothing to do with any intention of malice whatsoever. Perhaps the member is just taking things a bit seriously.

Oh yeah, and to those of you on the East Coast...Happy New Year!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I've looked all around my office and I'll be darned if I can find an in-crowd here.  

As for board members, some are close friends, some are new friends, some are so-so and some are real dick-weeds, But as Ben Franklin said, "we must hang together or surely we will hang seperately" (a loose quote of the original)
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You can find a list of the "in crowd" when you click on the 'Board List' button and scan down to the bottom.  It updates regularly.
View Quote

Great answer [:D]

Jamie
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Most of the "in crowd" here are on the .treas.gov payroll.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm just me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:27:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, yes, I think there is quite an "in crowd" here. Actually I find them:

in structional
in vigorating
in triguing
in formative
in centive
in dubitable
in dependent
in dispensable
in dustrious
in formed

and occasionally, in ebriated!

Shall I go on?

NMSight
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I started the "in group" thingy.

If you don't know about it, that's because you're not in it.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#27]
In-crowd? I am not sure. I have posted on many different boards, and this is one of the few that will allow you to be yourself without having to try and fit "IN". I really enjoy my time on this board, and am thankful that I was told about it, thanks pkennedy. All of you have been great, and although my post count may not be high, I do lurk quite a bit and see that my treatment has been given to all others. Thank you all for making this a great place to be!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:42:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#29]
I have no clue.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:47:19 PM EDT
[#31]
You can find most of the "in crowd" located in the Hometown forum, under Texas.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#32]
In crowd?

Hell, I'm so "IN", I'm all the way back out again!

J.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You can find most of the "in crowd" located in the Hometown forum, under Colorado.
View Quote

Damn right!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Texas rules the in crowd.

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:34:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can find most of the "in crowd" located in the Hometown forum, under Texas.
View Quote

Damn right!!
View Quote

Glad you agree!
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:04:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Texas rules the in crowd.

View Quote

LOL  [smash]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:24:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:40:11 AM EDT
[#38]
So thats why I can't get into the TRASH Forum....I'm not in the in crowd.....

All kidding aside this is the second posting about this. I hope no one here feels like they are not part of. If there is a problem maybe a E-Mail to Goat Boy might rectify the problem.

After being part of AR15 for almost a year. I remember when someone was leary of me because of my Profile Name...EDPmedic. We talked about it and had a good laugh. Now that he knows me he knew he was right. BE afraid BE VERY AFRAID of EDP's with guns.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:42:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Does the "Jew Crew" count?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#40]
BE afraid BE VERY AFRAID of EDP's with guns.

What's an "EDP?"
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:10:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Who would want to be part of the "incrowd", (assuming there is one), anyway? I lurked here for a year or so, laughed alot, got irate a lot, and am contemplating membership. The most amazing thing fror me is how fast and often some
people reply to threads.  Do they have the internet on 24/7 ?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm pretty new here, but over all I'd say I feel like an accepted part of this community. I've asked some questions that have been gone over about a billion times and there has always been someone to answer without making me feel stupid.

I'm sure there is a group of people who have been here for a while that know each other, have shot together who feel more comfortable with each other.

But an "in crown" as in a bunch of elitist, snobby and self serving people, I dont think so. There have been several people here who have gone WAY out of their way to help me. One member met me at a local range to show me a bunch of different optics. I could not find them for sale at any of the local shops, he let me look through them so I could make a educated decision as to which type I wanted to put on my AR. I'll buy from him. That was cool, and I feel like most here truly want to help.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#44]
I would say yes and no. As far as guns are concerned, we are all the same, and I have seen nothing but willingness to help with facts, advice, etc. Social posts do show that there are some clicks of friends. Not that this is a bad thing, but some people naturally gravitate towards each other.
I am long in the tooth here to have so few posts, so I am not part of any crowd. I don't own an AR (it's on my list), and I don't get involved with "family" squabbles and whatnot.

Sometimes I do feel like I am the "Thread-ender" on alot of posts. :( Maybe this one too? ;)
tony

edit because the proper word is ON not OWN
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Sure seem like there is one to me. But I really don't care as I never was in one nor do I wish to be.
If you want a reality check on this go through all the postings and see who gets there questions answered fastest and comments replied to.
And yes, the texas crew seems to be the popular boys at the moment.
One other thing to look for, the hip folk will tend to use the boards like email, sending personal messages back and forth while outsiders will use the boards for... well, AR15 type stuff.
Now back to my cave of isolation....
GaryM

Editted to add:
I used to live in texas but I don't mention it much. I am not real proud of it ;)
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#48]
[b]***THIS IS AN INVISIBLE POST** DO Not reply!!![/b]

HEXAGRAM 13 wrote -  Sometimes I do feel like I am the "Thread-ender" on alot of posts. :( Maybe this one too? ;)

HAhahaha - little does he know that this is a scientific phenomena that is a kissing cousin to Deja vu - That it happens to all of us and we each think that our posting is usually the "kiss of death" to a thread.

SHhhhhhh don't anyone tell him!

PS, get an AR in your gun collection, you'll feel more like the purported "In-crowd" after you finaly own one. [;)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#49]
There's an in crowd here?!  Dammit, I'm always the last to know!

Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top