Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/27/2002 6:06:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Because I need to save money to try and get my mag count up if  I want to surapass you, and need money to do it with!!!
Just kidding!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
... How kewl is that!

... Thanks [b]Troy[/b], you are the man.

... I've simply been too lazy. That is changing after the first though, I'm gonna join y'all.

... We sure hope to see you at the 01/04/03 shoot in Casa Grande, AZ. Was cool talking to you in person during your last visit in October.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, here goes.

My financial situation isn't bleak, but I don't have the extra funds right now to become a paying member.  If I win a Bronze membership, I'll upgrade to Gold ASAP.  

I can't say that I'm an especially knowledgable member, but I don't B.S. people into thinking that I'm some kind of expert when I respond to their posts.  I answer serious questions here when I think I can be of help.

I'm also trying, along with several others, to get the Colorado Hometown forum up to at least half the traffic that the Texas forum gets.  We're not doing too bad, so far. [;)]

Oh...  I'm pretty sure I've never made a "IBTL" post (I have made an "I'd hit it" post, but I think only once).
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll kick in for another bronze membership as well. Lemme know who it goes to [B]Troy[/b].[:)]

Yeah [b]Bee[/b], I'm at it again!! [:D]

-T.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I confess that I have posted "IBTL" on one or two occasions, but the vast majority of the time I post something I really want or need to say.

As with most other people, my financial situation isn't in SHTF mode although every winter things get a little tight because I am self-employed in the construction industry and work peters out quit a bit.

When it comes to technical or mechanical issues about firearms, there are many people who are more knowlegeable than me. I don't bicker about such issues. However, I have experienced so much in the way of politics and related issues that I am confident on posting about such things. I will debate anybody on such subjects and pass on my knowlege as well. If this isn't evident based on my posts over the last year or so, there is nothing more I can say.

If someone is truly financially strapped and can't possibly come up with the cash, give him or her the membership if so deserving. If all the applicants are in a similiar boat as me (could scrape up some funds somewhere), I'd appreciate the gift and would in all likelihood re-up at the end of the term.

Thanks for the opportunity.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#8]
[b][size=5]IBTL[/size=5][/b]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[b][size=5]IBTL[/size=5][/b]
View Quote

Now [i][b]that[/i][/b] is funny!

LMAO
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd hit it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Edited out all text.

Balming
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks but, "NO" Thanks, I'll kick in my own $20 for membership.. :)
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I was going to take a shot at this one, but I can not beat [b]Balming's[/b] post.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's my sad story [:)]  I am a new father and a gun lover.  Particularly the military style firearms.  A majority of my free money, when there is some, goes to buying ammo to continue improving my skill.  

I try to contribute where I can.  When someone has a question I try to answer it either from experience or some other source.  If I dont know the answer I try to keep my mouth shut.

I have been known to take part in some build your post count threads.  But I believe that the humor on this site helps build the community.  I have enjoyed spending time with members of this site at a shoot in CO and on the board.  I believe the AR board has created a tight knit community of friends.  This isnt found on other boards.

Just thought I'd add a pic of my buddy, Trent.  This is him being held by my bro while he stayed in the hospital earlier this year.
[img]http://www.cheyennepaintball.com/images/fd27.jpg[/img]
This was a defining moment in his stay.  After being tube fed hours earlier he finally decided to take a bottle.  I just about cried I was so happy.  He liked it so much that he actually pulled the bottle from my hands.
[img]http://www.cheyennepaintball.com/images/fd26.jpg[/img]

Please dont take any of this as a feel sorry for me thing.  Just sharing my story.

Thanks
Scott
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd hit it.
View Quote

ahhhh it was only funny the first time, and funny as hell [s]RipMeyer[/s]  Cousin-Eddie  WTF?
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#16]
[b]Troy[/b], my friend, should'nt you be saving up for Idaho?......,on another note, my sour one, I've been fighting the state I live in's CLEO in court, sewing my towns CLEO probably makes me quite popular in the police station[;)], and lawyers cost money. Its been since 99/2000 when the state outlawed my right to my private property, which I legally owned with FID for many years's before. Only now the state changed the law, and I NEED more than a FID to own this specific private property. Plus, If'n the adminstration/mods permit it,        (ImsureIcanTalkGBintothisextrawork) 1/2 way through the time period I'll pass whats left on to someone else in a similar fashion, so more than just I can benifit. [:)](ONLYBECAUSEMOSTHEREAREGUNUTSTOO)[:D]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Me too.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Im a cheap bastage?

I had planned on paying for a Team Membership (well, Gold membership now) some time soon.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Me too.
View Quote

Is this guy Elad-Eflow's twin brother or what?  Cripes, it's like Wack-a-Mole with these two.  If I see any more sig pics with writing on their foreheads, I'm gonna have a Charlie Manson nightmare.

Edited to add that I can afford the membership fee, but I was waiting to see if Juggernaut gave me one for x-mas - (NOT!)
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Does it count if I post 65 more times tonight [:o)][:o)][:o)]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I think I meet all the requirements. I am not in a financially desperate situation but I am tight enough with my money that joining is not a priority. Most of my money is spent on rent and gas money for all my trips to the range and to go out and fill my freezer with cotton-tails. I havent bought meat from the market for about 8 months now. Eating all venison and rabbit. Ive been trying to catch up on my bills from this summer. Over the summer I spend all the time in the mountains at the local Boy Scout Summer camp where I am the shooting sports director. Overseeing Archery/rifle/shotgun/muzzle loading rifle. I am a NRA instructor for all three disciplines. And I continue this when I am away form camp.
For the past 3 years I have put at around 1000 youth through my full program. And countless more have come to my range and shot a rifle for their first time. Along with many adults who have never seen a firearm in real life.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 12:05:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I have mentioned my financial situation a time or two. But this new Bronze thingie I might actually be able to swing.....

Scott

[:D]

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 12:06:12 AM EDT
[#25]
I do have a minor sucky day sad story. The bank charged me [b]$30.00!!!!![/b] because a check put me about a buck overdrawn.....

Scott

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#26]
- have at least 500 posts
View Quote

Do posts from the Old Board Count.
^
[size=1]^
[url]www.Cures-not-wars.org/[/url] Truth Will Liberate Earth.
[url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]Allege 1993 feinstein/hci master plan
PRETEXT for TOTAL Gun Freedom Confiscation Dis-Armament.
[url]http://www.DigitalAngel.net/[/url]Revelation 13:18  ID-GPS-MONEY BAN Human Power Implant Micro-chip

Never Again, Never Forget --  Seek the Truth , Liberate Your Mind -- We Are At War[/size=1]

FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:46:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:37:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Please disqualify Balming - I'm sending funds for his membership right now.
Thanks.
edited to add: Funds via PayPal sent for Balming 12/28/02.
View Quote

Shit. Some of you guys impress me. In more ways than one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:18:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Damn Chuck, you shouldn't have done that!  Once I realized how sappy my story sounded I deleted it.  

You are a good man my friend.  You need to come down here to Alabammy and visit sometime.

Thanks,

McBalming
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:22:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Well one of my new years resolutions was going to be getting a membership after I hit 1000 posts.  Only problem is I have no job.  Well I have a job but I have to wait for my real estate license test and then I will have a job in a few weeks working off pure commissions so it looks like I will be strapped for cash for a while.  

Right now I am making ends meet by selling guns unfortunately.  Hey, anyone want an excellent condition M1 carbine or SAR2 with Kobra sight and black furniture?  How about a Charles Daly O/U or a Remington Safari .375 H&H mag?

Edited to add I have been a board member under another name since 1999. Dev_L and DevronL
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Okay, my request isn't for me, but my husband, QuietShootr...I know that he has more than 1000 posts and I am sure that a "few" are of the "I'd hit it" type, but I am sure he contributes to the boards in a postitive way at least occasionally! [;D]

We are not able to afford a membership for either of us.  I won't go into some big chickly sob story, but will say that we are scraping our way through some tough times and I know that QS looks at this site as a way to both relieve stress and to have some fun.

I am very proud of him for stepping up and rejoining the military in order to make this country safer...he has put his money where is mouth is and unfortunately that doesn't happen much anymore.

If I had the cash, I would get him a membership, but since I can't, I'm doing the next best thing...begging!  

Thanks, Marian
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Okay, maybe you all should ignore my last post!  I was just lurking around here and saw that QS is a team member...I asked him about it and he says he has no idea how that happened.  We certainly didn't do it. Hmmm....[>:/]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Raises hand
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Not particularly financially desperate, however, I am a college student and a lot of us know what that is like...as funds ARE limited.  I know the bronze doesn't cost that much, but i'd like to spend the money converting an anti or teaching my girlfriend how to shoot so she can get her CCW in not too long (she's older than me by 2 years, darnit, she gets it long before i do...)  
Sir, I'm registered after Jan, 2002, but lurked for a long time before that.  If you would still consider me for a membership, I would be grateful.  And more than willing to pass the favor on when I'm in a little better position to do so!  Thanks, lokt.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Well Im not in need, but it would be nice to get a servicemens discount, when I get back from afganistan.
            FREE
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Don't worry about schapman43, his has been arranged for. [;)]
View Quote

Wolfpack, I dont know what to say man.... Thanks!! That's greatly appreciated.  Those on this board continue to amaze me.  I'm proud to be part of the ARFcom family.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Boy I sure could use a free membership.
I'm not "poor" but money's tight.

[b]First my car broke down...[/b]
[img]http://compjrk.home.mindspring.com/car.jpg[/img]

[b]Then my kids shot up all my ammo..[/b]
[img]http://compjrk.home.mindspring.com/sons.jpg[/img]
[b]No wait, that was before the car broke[/b]
[>:/]
[b]Well anyway,after buying an AR with a
CHROME BORE and a bunch of USGI mags ,I'm
pretty much tapped out.[/b]

[b]But most of all,if I got the free membership,
I wouldn't have to listen to the other guys say[/b]
[img]http://compjrk.home.mindspring.com/homo.jpg[/img]

[b]Thanks for listening..[/b] [>Q]

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Thats pretty cool. I don't ave enough posts though, lol.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Troy, please keep me informed of your decision.

-T.[:)]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#43]
I am not flat broke poor but I am married with four children allof which are boys who eat me out of house and home, not to mention they go through shoes and clothes left and right, not to mention that I try to take them and my wife shooting with me so that is more range fees and ammo I must buy, not to mention that I am going to school full time and then some, not to mention that I served my country in the Navy for over 3 years and then in the Army for 7 more. I have not posted IBTL or Hit It post not that I dont find them ammusing. I also have no idea as to my post count as I only post when I am able to contribut something usefull or ask a question. Once in a while I might make a post just to relay some info or to give ILIKELEGS a hard time about going to union high school. I would like to have a paid membership as I do use the search function alot to help others locat info on topics and to find answers to lots of peoples questions without having to rehash them with an additional posting.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#44]
I suppose I'll share my story.

First, I live on this board!  The knowledge, laughs, and relaxation I draw from the members is fantastic.  I think I spend at least 1.5-2 hours a day with you guys!

My finances are not so bright.  In the last year I've bounced between 4 different jobs!  I'm a professional geologist so work isn't just around the corner!  My first company's contract with the government was up - so was I.  My second company was a temp job.  My third company was bought out and closed...and my fourth now apparantly goes dry every winter!  AHHHH!

Yet the mortgage is due, car payments, utilities, etc etc etc.

I can't seem to break even lately.  I'm now currently selling off parts to all my firearms!  I'm might have to sell my AR soon!  AHHHH!

The last two months has been extremely slow and the money isn't rolling in anymore - I blame the winter.  And to put icing on my soggy cake, last month my dog busted her paw (she ran out to greet me as I pulled into the driveway after work[:(])  That went on the credit card.  I've never been in credit card debt before...

Now, I'm low on work and there's no indication of things getting brighter.  Bills will start surmounting.  Purchasing a membership here is out of the question right now.  I'm going out this weekend to look for a couple of weekend part time jobs.  I now regret my all my recent purchases over the last 6 months...I should have been saving instead.  Most of my doom and gloom is what's to come in the next few months...

Not sure that anything would solve my money matters right now...maybe I'm just having a down day and tomorrow 2003 will yield some good luck...but a membership to this place would certainly spruce up the evening!  Make my 6 pack of Shlitz go down easier!  What's really sad is that my wife is drinking Shlitz too...[

Whatever the outcome, cheers!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, darn, I missed getting in on this, adn i had the perfect story, I am a poor mostly Canuck so $20 (is that what is it?) is enough to buy me a house........

[;)]

Congrats to the recipients
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#49]
It's really cool to see you guys donating the way you are.

It's good to take care of one another, I'm impressed.

I've only lurked on this petitular thread, but I will say this thread was the final straw for me to become a paying member.

Between it taking a year to finally pay and only purchasing the $20 membership, I'm starting to feel bad though. [:(]

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Well HAPPY New YEAR!

Awesome, thank you so much!

I'll be paying it forward alright.  This is a great lift-me-up.  Thanks Troy and to Toaster and Wolfpack!

This is much appreciated and I look forward to another year with AR15.com...

Salute!

~H
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top