Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2001 5:39:44 PM EDT
*******************R-A-N-T*******************

[size=4]I HATE THE SUBURBS!!!!![/size=4]

I live in a really "good" neighborhood- No crime- No noise- I pay a ton of money.

I FUCKING HATE IT!!!!
Man, I wasn't raised this way. When I was a kid, we lived in a ghetto. It had it's problems, but we all used to play outside, and everyone knew everyone- We sat on the porch playing cards, and waved to the neighbors.
We had BBQ's, and really had fun.
We were dirt poor, but life was better.

So, now i'm movin on up to the east side- First thing I did when I got a decent job that could put me through school and gave me some decent extra money was rent a house in an upper-middle class hood.
I hate it. It's hell. I can't understand how people live like this?!?!?!?!
I was just looking out the window, and noticed that the 2 neighbors across the street were leaving at the same time- They didn't aknowledge each others presence! My neighbors are the same way!
I'm moving out of this dump. I HATE HATE HATE it. I've had more fun hanging out with my friends who live in dump-ass trailer parks than I ever have here.

I hate this shit. I think i'm moving into a trailer park. I have friends who live in them, and when i'm hanging out over there, it's like that sense of community that I once knew is there again.
I hate the suburbs. When I have kids, even if i'm a millionaire, i'm raising them in the poorest white neighborhood I can find.

I'm done.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You forgot to post waxman
[img]http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/images/People/waxman.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thought you were goin' to the beach?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
That is why I moved out in the sticks. Not many neighbors, but the few I have are great. We all look out for each other. Out here people actually wave to each other as we pass on the road or go by their houses. I hope I never have to live in a city again. Too many idiots there,  and the older I get the less tolerance I have for it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Like LuckyDog here, I also live in the sticks. I've lived in big cities, in mid size cities, in trailer parks, bad parts of town, and I've never felt better about where I live than living where I live now.

The scenery is great, the privacy is great, the quiet is good, and guess what? The people who are my neighbors I know I can count on. And we drink beer together, BBQ, wave when we see each other, stop by to chat, and all that good stuff. But it's still nice not to have to look out your window and see them.

There's just something good for the soul about living in the country.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Move to MY neighborhood. We got Barbeques AND machine guns.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i left the ghetto to move to the sticks also. Sure as hell don't miss it. Although the free boxing matches in the aprtment parking lot on Friday night were fun!

mike

That ain't no shit! Been in a few, and seen quite a few more living in some crazy places. Alway's something going on. Pretty exciting......

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hate this shit. I think i'm moving into a trailer park.
View Quote

I think it's worth moving just to be surrounded by Trailer Park Girls.  YUM!!!!  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top