Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/1/2003 4:34:08 PM EDT
My wife is really ready to pop, and I am ready to be dad. Anyone have any tips on how to get her to go into labor???

Tried:     Sex, Acupressure on ankles (Cankles), birth ball bouncing, long walks, massage, Evening Primrose Oil.

No luck yet.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup sex sex and more sex.

TT [wave]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I shit you not, but if you stimulate her nipples for an half hour, good chance she will go into labor.

Very few non-surgical ways to induce her, sorry to say.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried giving her the turtle?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The two best ways I've heard of are to have sex or to suckle on the boobs :)

I know that having sex works... it helped get our little girl out a bit early [:)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Schedule a hunting trip for tomorrow at about 03:00.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Take her out for some Yakisoba.
No kidding.
This worked for my Wife [b]both[/b] times she was about ready to pop.
We even went to the same restaurant each time.
YAKISOBA, BABY! [;D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#8]
SEX! And stimulate her boobies till she says stop. There's a chemical in semen that helps to induce labor/remove the mucus plug.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Have your doc strip her membranes.  It worked for us.  You'll be a dad in under 24 hours.

Them again, you might just want to enjoy your last few nights of getting sleep.  You're not gonna have a lot of those once Junior shows up.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Tell her that you recorded your last shoot on youalls wedding tape.
GG
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have your doc strip her membranes.  It worked for us.  You'll be a dad in under 24 hours.
View Quote

Yep!  And the reason you'll be a dad in under 24 hours is because you'll be put on a clock.  Once the doc does this, 24 hours is the max time that 99% of doctors will let the mother keep the baby inside.  Once your 24 hours are up, it's c-section time.

Stupid, but common practice.
View Quote

I wasn't aware of that.  As it was, she only made it about 18 hours and *POP*.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Dude, there's no amount of psychotherapy that will cure you when she breaks water as you're hittin it.  I'd refrain from the sex, especially if its really late in the pregnancy.

You can always tell her that she's looking fat!  If that doesn't make her explode, nothing will!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Jumping up and down on her belly would probably work....[BD]

CJ
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#16]
If she's getting to the point of being uncomfortable, then talk to the doc about inducing.  Worked out well for my wife and I.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#17]
WOW!!!!!!

You ever think of actually letting nature take it's course??

SGtar15
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
WOW!!!!!!

You ever think of actually letting nature take it's course??

SGtar15
View Quote

Sure, just like last time, when she was two weeks overdue and required induction via Pitocin. Horrible, painful (can it ever be painless?) way to give birth.

BTW, she refuses all narcotics and will not submit to an epidural.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#19]
AZ, I deliver babies for a living.  Stripping the membranes does work.  Everything the guys said. From sex to nipple stimulation can work to some degree.

Semen has a chemical called prostaglandins.  It causes the cervix to get bascially water logged and soften.  

Female orgasms can cause contractions.

Nipple stimulation will release oxytocin that will cause contractions.

Some people say brisk walking.

Caster oil and evening primrose oil.

But all these things have to be taken with a grain of salt.  I tell my patients to do these things so they feel like they are at least trying to do something. Nature will decide on the time and place. You just have to be patient.
No pun intended.

If she goes over 41 weeks ask the doc to induce her.  There always is a higher risk of c-section with inductions especially if the cervix is not ready.  But most work.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#20]
easy, just schedule something that you can't miss, like a major appliance delivery or a job interview.  My daughter and my furnace are exactly the same age.  I had to leave the door unlocked for the furnace guy when I left for the hospital.  Fortunatly he was a family friend.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Have her climb up on the dresser and jump off a few times.

But seriously, another vote for the nipple stimulation.  It worked on my wife.

N I P P L E     S T I M U L A T I O N!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Sex worked for me, the only problem was we were just having fun, and my son came 2 weeks early as her water broke the next morning at work. Of course even if it does not work, you will not be getting any for 6 weeks (or so the doc will tell you) so you might as well try it now, while you still can. [naughty]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#23]
my son tried to come 3 months early, we held him back until one month before his due date.  so keep in mind that some people would hope for a "problem" like this..............and just relax!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Try a big, nay, [B]HUGE[/B] dinner.  We were not trying to induce, but it seems to have worked for us.  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Go down to the Local Union hall and try to get her a book.  Laborors get paid decent but it is tough work.

I crack myself up!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#26]
stop trying to get her into labor....start doing somthing really important...THEN and only THEN will she go into labor!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Wait impatiently.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Pistachio ice cream did the trick for my wife with both of our daughters. WE told our friend about it, and since then she has used the same method for her two youngest children. Let me know if you try it and if it works for you! Good Luck and congradulations!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#29]
I've been told that sitting in a hot tub for a couple of hours might do the trick.
Congratulations and good luck.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've been told that sitting in a hot tub for a couple of hours might do the trick.
Congratulations and good luck.
View Quote

That is a no-no for pregnant women. Try a change in altitude (change in barometeric pressure). Sex/stimulation works too. Or just schedule something important for you (picking up jr.'s gun, going to the range, a biz trip, etc).
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Now I know why your Wasted! Dude you will cook the little guy.  The baby has no way to cool itself.  It will eventually over heat and damage can occur.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:33:58 PM EDT
[#32]
[size=6][red]You'll hit it! SEX!![/red][/size=6]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:58:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Try Jumping Jacks
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Take her to the mall to do some shopping.

Try one store then walk to the other side of the mall to try the next.

Keep it up till she goes into labor, spends the kids college fund, or you go nuts!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:34:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Remember after she goes through labor and needs to heal, there are alternatives to vaginal sex that both of you will enjoy, unless of course she has decided that your male member is now part of the anti-christ...
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:24:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Take her to the mall to do some shopping.

Try one store then walk to the other side of the mall to try the next.
View Quote

Try stopping in at Vitoria's Secret while you are there. Hold up something and say....remember when you looked good in this? ....or try ...Do you think this will ever fit again?

Of course she will either go into labor or knock you out- either way your suffering will end[:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:52:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Get a small bottle (2-3 oz.) of castor oil from the pharmacy.  Pour it into a milkshake.  It doesn't taste bad, but it is slimy.  My wife was in labor about 4 hours later.  Our ob/gyn would not come out and recommend it, but he wanted to go watch his son's little league game and if labor didn't start pretty soon, we would have a doctor we didn't like very much.  He didn't disagree with us when we mentioned it.  I think it is pretty innocuous and not likely to do harm, at least not as much as jumping off the dresser.

I hope everything goes okay with the delivery. I know I was pretty damned scared at each of the births of my three until it was clear mother/baby were okay.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:56:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Get a small bottle (2-3 oz.) of castor oil from the pharmacy.  Pour it into a milkshake.  It doesn't taste bad, but it is slimy.  My wife was in labor about 4 hours later.  Our ob/gyn would not come out and recommend it, but he wanted to go watch his son's little league game and if labor didn't start pretty soon, we would have a doctor we didn't like very much.  He didn't disagree with us when we mentioned it.  I think it is pretty innocuous and not likely to do harm, at least not as much as jumping off the dresser.

I hope everything goes okay with the delivery. I know I was pretty damned scared at each of the births of my three until it was clear mother/baby were okay.
View Quote

Doesn't Castor Oil give you the runs?  What exactly is the chemistry behind this working?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:59:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Schedule a hunting trip for tomorrow at about 03:00.
View Quote

[lol]

Good one!

I'd also recommend you tell your lady that you've decided to let your ARFCOM compadres name your kid!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:21:09 AM EDT
[#40]
I think it is the emptying of the colon that does it as opposed to some systemic effect of the castor oil.  

Beats the heck out of me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:40:44 AM EDT
[#41]
I hear cleaning the house and washing the cars might help.  If not, have her mow the lawn.  If none of this works, you may have to resort to rodeo sex.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:08:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Step 1: Be sure she's 39 weeks gestation.

Step 2: Apply tincture of time to her abdomen.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:11:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Good timing on this thread - I might need this info in a few weeks (due Aug 2nd).  AZ-K9, let us know what (if anything) works for y'all.
CR
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Nothing yet. I have played "tittie twister" everytime I see her to no avail.

Hmm, I dont think she'd go for the Castor oil/ diarrea routine voluntarily. But I'll run it by her anyways.

Going to the store for the pistachi Ice cream........

Fuck I am impatient!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Nothing yet. I have played "tittie twister" everytime I see her to no avail.

Hmm, I dont think she'd go for the Castor oil/ diarrea routine voluntarily. But I'll run it by her anyways.

Going to the store for the pistachi Ice cream........

Fuck I am impatient!
View Quote

If you're running back and forth, between reading posts, and trying shit, I'll bet she's getting real tired of it too!! [ROFL2]

Don't forget to post BEFORE ya leave for the hospital!! Let us know.

I can just see... water breaks, you say "Wait honey, I gotta go tell the guys that last suggestion worked!!! I'll meet ya in the car!!! [snoopy]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Got a refusal on the Castor oil thing. She is convinced it will also cause the baby to unload, causing the whole inhalation/swallowing of the baby crap gig during delivery.

Gut loading her with pistachio ice cream at the moment. (Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio flavor)
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#47]
mmm, that's some good ice cream.  you're wife's a lucky woman.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Now I know why your Wasted! Dude you will cook the little guy.  The baby has no way to cool itself.  It will eventually over heat and damage can occur.
View Quote

I guess it's a good thing my kids were born before I heard that idea. It sounded reasonable at the time.[B)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Get in your car and drive to the boonies out of wireless phone range and get a flat tire.  If that doesn't induce labor nothing will.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Pork, pork and more pork.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top