Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2002 6:45:21 PM EDT
Hi, I no longer have the two keys for my 8 gun Homak gunsafe. It's a LOOOONNGGGGGG story, so don't ask right now.. I'll tell it sometime, but not now...

Anyways, you know the 100 dollar ones you can buy at Walmart???

I need at least one key for it, ASAP!!!!! Am willing to pay, or trade a mag or two...

I tried ordering from Homak, but it will take forever! I need this lots quicker than that.

The number on my lock is this: 16709 please make sure yours matces, or else the key wont work for mine.

Email me at: [email protected]

Thank you,

ComputerGuy
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually it does not take that long. I think it took six days from the time I had to order mine.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Actually it does not take that long. I think it took six days from the time I had to order mine.
View Quote

Also, the thing is, it's really hard for me to contact them during the day..since they close at 4PM CST, and I'm on PST....

My boss is a stickler about the phone until after 3:30 here... weird, i know... On Friday, he was clucking like a chicken, dancing around, and various other stupid/hallarious things... he took too much of his meds that day (seriously)...
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:42:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you lock them in the safe? [:\]
I ordered a set from them, it took less than a week, but they were $20 for 2.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Why not get a phone card from Walmart and call from a payphone during lunch? Or, just use the payphone if its a 1800 number.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I just had a "homak" experience myself.  I close the already overflowing cabinet and the bottom lock swiveled halfway closed, such that the key didn't fit.

My brother and I spent about 2.5 hours fishing with hangers and metal rods.  We had it laying down and even broke a hammer trying to pry the door up to see the lock.

After 2.5 hours, I get the bright idea to grind the key a bit so it will fit in the lock no matter what the position of the keyhole pressure-sensitive notches.

Homak lost points on that one.
I was at the point where a crowbar was going to be my replacement key.  Would've taken 20 seconds.

I sure hope you don't have your SD stuff in there.  
[B)]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Why are you so anxious to get into this safe?  Not planning on shooting anyone, are you?
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why are you so anxious to get into this safe?  Not planning on shooting anyone, are you?
View Quote

That is one of the most idiotic statements I've seen on here in a long time.  No happy face or wink so that was not a joke.  

What do you care why he wants his guns?  He might be going shooting at a range within the next day or two.  Maybe his HOT (soon to be girlfriend) wanted to try a pistol or two.  Maybe he just hates the fact that he can't access a gun if someone decided to breakin to his house.

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Get thee to a LOCKSMITH!

My cheap Homak has Ace locks with 8 pins.  Locksmiths can pick them in seconds with a special gizmo designed for that purpose.  They shouldn't charge you more than about $30 to do that on site.

Replacement locks will cost you about $20 for a pair.  You can buy those from any decent locksmith, and install them yourself.

(I had to replace the locks on mine after someone broke into my house and I couldn't account for my spare key.)
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#10]
That is one of the most idiotic statements I've seen on here in a long time. No happy face or wink so that was not a joke.
View Quote

It was a joke moron!  Just because someone doesn't put a dumb little emoticon next to their post doesn't mean they aren't joking.  This is text, so you have no idea as to my tone or demeanor.  [moon]  [moon]  [moon]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#11]
So no one has a key they can spare?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#12]
[b][size=5][red]SECURITY ALERT[/red][/size=5][/b]

Just checked my Homak Safe & Keys again... The lock number is on the key - AND on the lock.  Anyone that has access to your safe can get the lock# and order a set of keys for $20.00!

I just used my engraver and took the number off the lock and key to prevent any future unauthorized key purchases.

Call me paranoid. [%|]
Blackie
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I just used my engraver and took the number off the lock and key to prevent any future unauthorized key purchases.

Call me paranoid. [%|]
Blackie
View Quote

Just don't loose those XXXXXX'd keys or we'll call you something else.  [:)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Actually, the key blanks are backordered from Homak for a month, at least! [%|]

Being the boyscout I once was, I decided to call a couple local locksmiths...

No one would do it.. So, I whipped out the phone book, and called the biggest one in there. They had a cut for the lock. It was 12.50 for them to custom cut it, and ship it to me (got it two days later).

The key was a bit tight, and does require a pair of plies to open the top lock.. but that is WAY better than waiting a month, or more!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top