Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/16/2003 9:27:07 PM EDT
I know ya'll like to stay on the cutting edge of political correctness...so, like, what is the appropriate response to this statement, dudes and dudettes?

cynic
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Slim Shady?  

Sorry, no idea man.

TS
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
You ask which one does that taxes. Then you'll know which one to avoid.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
How about responding with tolerance?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
respond kindly with: "Which one molests you sweetheart?"
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Is this about that TV show, "My Two Dads"?  I always thought the girl was hot.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]
"Im sorry"
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#7]

If it's a small kid, not much you can say.

You don't insult or put down parents in front of small kids.

If I had to, maybe what [b]MadProfessor[/b] said is about all you can say.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
respond kindly with: "Which one molests you sweetheart?"
View Quote

Ditto.     [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#9]
as a response, how about:

"that's nice, but i don't think it's any of my business."

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll assume you're talking about being adopted and having that father, and then searching out for the biological father.  Hence two Daddies.[;)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#11]
"Oh cool sweety..Do they like baseball? Ask them if they like to pitch or catch.....or do they collect videos?...who has the most complete collection of the Christopher Lowell show?? [party][banana]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:12:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I had two mommies once.  [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:50:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
*sigh*

who the F cares?  who the F would make this kind of statement, and who the F is anyone to judge?  i swear, sometimes this board disgusts me, especially when such intelligent people post such idiotic crap.  why the fixation?  have you something to hide?  exactly how many adolescents do we have on this board?

as a response, how about:

"that's nice, but i don't think it's any of my business."
View Quote

[LOL] Ever visit DU?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:23:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:32:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm with Siren here - who the fuck cares?  Hell, I've seen examples of kids raised in gay households, and so far every one of them has turned out to be a normal, intelligent, and (get this) STRAIGHT kid.  They have a loving household, are raised well, and are not sexually abused.  Hell, more kids in "normal" families are abused as a percentage than kids in gay families.  So I suppose we should start asking that question of any kid that says, "I have a mommy and a daddy."  Especially in the south - Oh, I'm sorry, did I just utter a stereotype?  My stars, where did that come from?  

I don't understand the utter hatred and fear of homosexuals sometimes.  Of course, I'll be the first to admit that at one time in my life I felt the same way, but I came to the realization and conclusion years ago that I shouldn't judge someone's personality and value as a person on how and where they used their genitalia.  Surprisingly, ever since then I've met and befriended some wonderful people (both male and female) who were gay.  And yes, if I had them, I'd trust my kids with them alone.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:55:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And yes, I'd trust my kids with them alone.
View Quote

Then, my friend, you are incredibly naive.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:23:46 AM EDT
[#17]
"Do your daddies push in eash other's stool?"
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:37:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Some kids don't have any daddies--now don't you feel special to have not one, but two daddies?

[img]http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/2002-10-09/cover-1.jpg[/img]

...sick motherfuckers

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:37:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Which one puts on your makeup?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:14:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Nope, Painless.  Not naive.  I know the statistics on child abuse and molestation.  And I don't really understand this misguided notion that somehow a person who is gay is statistically more likely to molest children than someone who is straight.  There is no correlation.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And I don't really understand this misguided notion that somehow a person who is gay is statistically more likely to molest children than someone who is straight.  There is no correlation.
View Quote

Ok, I will give you my [i]opinion[/i] on my basis on my "misguided" notion....

I kinda figure if you are screwin grown woman, I have good odds you are sexually functional, so you wont see my kid as ....attractive.

I kinda figure if you go Adam & Steve, if you cant tell a man from a woman, if you dont know its a'pole for a hole', you are a sexual [b]deviant[/b], and I have no clue what your [b]deviant[/b] parameters are.

Hindsight is 20/20, foreward thinking is hard to do. But if I keep my kids away from [b]known deviants[/b], my chances of having to kill someone for molesting one of my kids is greatly reduced. The church lets this go on because no one is [s]executing[/s] dealing with the [b]deviant[/b] preists.

Besides, if they dont advertise who they screw, they have nothing to worry about because I may not know. They wanna have pride, fine. I carry a stigma from my gunownership, they can carry one for their pole smokership. Stay the fuck away from my kids. Period.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:39:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nope, Painless.  Not naive.  I know the statistics on child abuse and molestation.  And I don't really understand this misguided notion that somehow a person who is gay is statistically more likely to molest children than someone who is straight.  There is no correlation.
View Quote

Well, Greywolf2112, not meaning to get into an argument, but as an ex-LEO that worked cases involving abused children and also having friends that still do this every day, I must disagree.

Homosexual males are disproportionately represented in cases of molestation of children.  That's just the facts.

I personally love my grandchildren too much to try to prove some politically correct point by placing them in danger if I don't have too.

Now, that being said, I don't believe in trying to "hurt" people because of their sexual preferences, and don't particularly care what they do as long as they don't shove their lifestyle in my face.  But they don't deserve any special preferences over others in society.

And they aren't going to have an easy shot at my kids or grandkids.  I've seen the horror of abuse and, believe me, you don't want to see it.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:40:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I know ya'll like to stay on the cutting edge of political correctness...so, like, what is the appropriate response to this statement, dudes and dudettes?

cynic
View Quote

I have no idea what I would say to a child who told me that.  [b]First and foremost, I would try not to let the disgust swelling up inside spill out.[/b]  

If two consenting adults of the same gender want to get it on, I don't see how it's any of my business.  If they want to start selling it like it's a normal relationship and bring a kid into the mix, it's just [b]wrong[/b].  You don't see that crap in nature (gay animals, yes, gay parents, no).  Only in this sickeningly PC world would anyone ever even think of passing that off as a stable family unit.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:47:35 AM EDT
[#24]
"That's Gay!"

or

"Then where the hell did you come from??"
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:03:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Well, I'm sort of in agreement with you there, Painless.  As a gay friend of mine (who is also a co-worker who sits next to me in the next cublicle) says, "There are gays, and then there are faggots - and I hate faggots!"  He doesn't act it nor does he try to force his sexuality on anyone else.  I respect that.  I may find what he does a little sick or not "proper", but other than that he's a great guy.  Hell, he even hates the French and votes Republican, and is a gun owner.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:14:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm gonna go out on a limb here.  IBTL

these threads NEVER stay civil.

Got the popcorn, lets watch the fun.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:15:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:21:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=191627[/url] I didnt see your reply on what made you an authority on child molestation. Can you tell me where you get your stats on gays and the future gay chidren they raise?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:27:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Well, I guess that's marginally better than the situation a lot of kids have...where they're not sure who their daddy is and neither is their mother,  but it could be any of several hundred candidates who were in the right place at the right time.

For these children, Father's Day is a time of mass confusion.

[:D]

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:40:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here.  IBTL

these threads NEVER stay civil.

Got the popcorn, lets watch the fun.
View Quote

Well...what the hell?  Why NOT?  I fucking hate political correctness anyway so here you go:

[b]FAGS!!![/B]

With ALL due respect to those among us who still maintain the perverted position [;D] that two adults of the same gender constitute a "normal" set of parents, I have a clue for you:  It ain't true!  Bill and Mary ain't the same as Bill and Mark.  Never have been and never will be.  Folks...like it or not, that is why we are different, physically, emotionally, physiologically and sexually.  Only in the last thirty years or so, under the goofy and raving influence of liberalism in America have the lines been muddled...all because we have in our midst a bunch of pissed off nags in loose shoes and a bunch of sissy boyz who like to play pin the tail on the donkey.  And just look at the net effect that all this homoism, feminism and liberalism has had on our American culture.  I am disgustipated.

There...how'd I do?

Counter-fire radars up and running...FDCs operational and flame suit tightly affixed...BRING IT ON!  [devil]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

No I don't have to tolerate shit, if some fag mother fuckers want to mug it up in front of my children they they can take what comes with it for doing something thats against nature.

Thats an ass whipping and while the little bitches are screaming like the little mary's they are I will be sure not to yell any hate remarks about queers, that way it's only assault and battery and not some bullshit hate crime.
Who the fuck decided that certain people get more protection under the law then others?

[b]Excuse the rant if you were being sarcastic.[/b]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
fag mother fuckers
View Quote

Isn't that kind of a contradiction?  I mean, if a guy is gay, he's certainly not going to fuck his mother who, presumably, is a woman.  

Oh, and "IBTL".
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't give a crap what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms. It's a conscious choice made between consenting adults.

A child does not have the luxury of consenting or rejecting their homelife. It is the responsibility of each and every parent to provide their child with the most stable, effective platform of parenting to achieve normal behavioral development. I do not believe that it is possible to derive normal, natural childhood behavioral development without close bonding and association with a female mother and a male father. It is a selfish, unnatural, unrealistic expectation on the part of any gay couple to expect they are capable of providing an optimal parenting environment which takes into account the natural, normal, essential nuances of parenting that can only be given by a female mother and a male father.

Distortion of this fact will produce latent, emotional and behavioral instability in some area within a child's psyche. I have witnessed it in 5 separate instances with which I am personally acquainted. In 5 of the 5 cases, the child exhibited abnormal behavioral and/or emotional issues. The most radical being three 'step-brothers' who were cast into a situation by their lesbian, college professor mothers who decided to divorce their husbands and take up an openly gay lifestyle. The divorce occurred in the boy's elementary school years, and by the time they were teen, they each demonstrated serious issues with anger and hostility, anti-social behavior, sexual distortions, and violence.

I am not an expert in such matters and can only rely on my own, limited college education in psychology, as well as personal observations. I would contend that attempting to raise a child within the context of a gay parenting home constitutes child abuse, albeit no more or less than the psychological distortions brought about by a trailer-park living, single mom who goes through men like she goes through Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Bottom line is that according to traditional psychology pertaining to childhood development, it's an abnormal situation that results in compromised development.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:58:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
fag mother fuckers
View Quote

Isn't that kind of a contradiction?  I mean, if a guy is gay, he's certainly not going to fuck his mother who, presumably, is a woman.  

Oh, and "IBTL".
View Quote

eswanson you know as well as I do that the term "mother fucker" refers to a scumbag , not the literal meaning.

And --->[size=6][green]In before the--->[/green][/size=6][img]http://www.masterlock.com/images/color_img/911.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#35]
[fallwell] I think that if we didn't have the problems with homosexuals in this country then 9/11 never would have happened. God is angry at us. [/falwell]

I think that a.) As two legal age adults living under the freedoms of the great [b] United States of America [/b] that they should be guaranteed Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. (And I don't think that it should be up to a group to decide what happiness is unless it breaks the laws of the country you live in)

Which some of you would no doubt try to draft into law.

and b) that with the rate of single and non parent children in this country for two people to want to raise a child that they have to work at it (by adoption cause you know two guys can't make babies)
that maybe it isn't so bad and the child would have a better chance at becoming a worthwile human being, then say a crack baby.

Somewhere in that book it says something about Judge not lest ye be Judged.

BTW I am not gay, but rather believe in people's character rather than the wolfpack that is mob opinion.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:14:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Okay, so what say ye in regards to the child's pursuit of happiness in the context of being reared in an environment wherein their psychological development is compromised for the lack of one or the other of a parental role male father or a parental role female mother?

Where is their guarantee?

In the circumstance where a child is adopted into a gay couple household in lieu of even traditional, male/female parental role foster care, how can you argue that the child's well-being is being considered for the sake of the egotistically driven desire to pursue happiness on the part of gay parents who want a child?

If a couple chooses to be gay, then it has consequences. Repeat after me... my actions will carry consequences. A consequence of being gay is that you cannot provide a normal parenting environment for childhood development.

To twist it any other way rejects known, accepted behavioral psychology and denies reality. Leaving any religious implications out of it (as I am agnostically, anti-Falwell), rejecting fact and denying reality to shirk the consequences of your behavior is a liberal characteristic.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Please don't quote the Good Book unless you know what you are talking about.  You left out the next verse (most non-Bible scholars do):
"For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged..." Matthew 7:1-2

This simply means, Be ready to be judged by the same standards that you use to judge others.

Since the Bible clearly judges homosexuality as deviant behavior and sin, I am glad to be judged by that law.  And I humbly declare that, just as the Bible declares, homosexual behavior is wrong and deviant.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled subject.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
And I don't really understand this misguided notion that somehow a person who is gay is statistically more likely to molest children than someone who is straight.  There is no correlation.
View Quote

Ok, I will give you my [i]opinion[/i] on my basis on my "misguided" notion....

I kinda figure if you are screwin grown woman, I have good odds you are sexually functional, so you wont see my kid as ....attractive.

I kinda figure if you go Adam & Steve, if you cant tell a man from a woman, if you dont know its a'pole for a hole', you are a sexual [b]deviant[/b], and I have no clue what your [b]deviant[/b] parameters are.

Hindsight is 20/20, foreward thinking is hard to do. But if I keep my kids away from [b]known deviants[/b], my chances of having to kill someone for molesting one of my kids is greatly reduced. The church lets this go on because no one is [s]executing[/s] dealing with the [b]deviant[/b] preists.

Besides, if they dont advertise who they screw, they have nothing to worry about because I may not know. They wanna have pride, fine. I carry a stigma from my gunownership, they can carry one for their pole smokership. Stay the fuck away from my kids. Period.

View Quote

Good one cav!!  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#39]
well, the sun is up and sobriety has set in, so i wanted to apologize for my earlier post.  i stand by the response, but the other crap was way out of line.  my apologies.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well there ya go!  An out of context quote will end the whole discussion!  not...

By the way...in that same book, it says "pole smokers burn in hell."

Scott
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:47:16 AM EDT
[#41]
"You're lucky.  Both of mine are dead."
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Okay, so what say ye in regards to the child's pursuit of happiness in the context of being reared in an environment wherein their psychological development is compromised for the lack of one or the other of a parental role male father or a parental role female mother?

To twist it any other way rejects known, accepted behavioral psychology and denies reality. Leaving any religious implications out of it (as I am agnostically, anti-Falwell), rejecting fact and denying reality to shirk the consequences of your behavior is a liberal characteristic.
View Quote

I can see your argument, in that denying the child a traditional gender role mother and father scenario you would be keeping a basic "right?"  away from the child.

My argument is that in the hypothetical case I was mentioning that the child has already been born and is in a half-way house, or an orphanage. In this case, how is it better not to let two people love and care for the child and to give it a chance at growing up "normal" then to let it fend for itself as it grows up just because the people that wanted to raise it are "undesirable".

I feel that faced with an either or, I would rather the child be loved (and not in THAT WAY) and supported through his life. Rather than have the attitude that they can't because someone thinks that they shouldn't.

As for the Bible Quote,
I know that it is talking about that you shouldn't judge someone unless you should be judged by the same standards.

But this is also from the book where to mix your threads will result in damnation to the FIERY HELL!

All I was saying is that unless there is deviant behavior (TRUE deviant behavior, i.e. child porn, child labor not what the religious manual says) than maybe we shouldn't start stockpiling stones just yet.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
By the way...in that same book, it says "pole smokers burn in hell."

Scott
View Quote

is that in Genesis,

I tried the bible search but pole smokers doesn't seem to be in it at all.

I thought for sure that it was the books of matthew mark luke and the pole-smoker.

hmm maybe its an updated version.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Sorry, I thought the question was the ever-popular Southernism: "Who's yer Daddy?"
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#45]
My first impulse would be to ask, "Well, that's nice, thank you for sharing that with me, but everybody has a mommy- who is yours, and where is she?"

....but I would probably say, "That's very nice. Be who you want, but don't expect me to cut a check for it."

If people don't want to be offended, then they shouldn't open themselves up for criticism. If it's not my business, don't make it mine.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Responce: Your parents are homosexuals. This means they like to put their genitals in eachothers butt!  That is very wrong and very sick! Next thing you know there gonna want you to do it too lil kid!  I think you should run away!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Ghostchild said:
As for the Bible Quote,
I know that it is talking about that you shouldn't judge someone unless you should be judged by the same standards.

But this is also from the book where to mix your threads will result in damnation to the FIERY HELL!
View Quote

Wrong again.  For those that don't know what you are talking about, the Jews in the Old Testament were instructed not to mix the materials of the garments they wore.  To do so was a violation of their oath to obey God's commandments.  But it didn't "damn them to a fiery hell".   They could be forgiven this sin just like any other.  But regardless, it doesn't apply to Christians today.

You might want to try another tack, as the Bible mis-quoting isn't working so well for you.

All I was saying is that unless there is deviant behavior (TRUE deviant behavior, i.e. child porn, child labor not what the religious manual says)...
View Quote

Now let's get this straight.  You don't believe that homosexual intercourse is "deviant behavior"?  I just looked up deviant in the dictionary:

"An individual who differs considerably from the average".

Now you're not pretending that "most" people are homosexuals, are you.  If not, then their behavior is deviant.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ghostchild said:
As for the Bible Quote,

View Quote

But regardless, it doesn't apply to Christians today.

You might want to try another tack, as the Bible mis-quoting isn't working so well for you.

Now let's get this straight.  You don't believe that homosexual intercourse is "deviant behavior"?  I just looked up deviant in the dictionary:

"An individual who differs considerably from the average".

Now you're not pretending that "most" people are homosexuals, are you.  If not, then their behavior is deviant.

View Quote

Well then lets throw, criminal behavior in there? does that fit the explanation a little better?

as long as there is no Criminal behavior I do not have a problem,

and all homosexuals are not criminals? are they?

And im not talking about in the eyes of the Lord, he doesnt need you to do his judgement for him.

you still haven't answered how to either let a kid grow up with loving parents
(be they "sinners" or not), or to keep him in an orphanage where its dog eat dog is any better for the child.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well then lets throw, criminal behavior in there? does that fit the explanation a little better?

as long as there is no Criminal behavior I do not have a problem,

and all homosexuals are not criminals? are they?
View Quote

Okay, I understand your point.  But as a matter of fact, sodomy is still against the law in some states.  Just as it should be.

Why would society make this behavior criminal?  The answer is simple;  if allowed to continue, this behavior would destroy society.  Society requires families to procreate and raise the offspring to be good and well-balanced members of society.  Homosexuals cannot procreate.  And their adopted children will grow up with a twisted idea of what "normal" is.  They will grow up thinking that it is "normal" for two men to have deviant sex and to escue women.

And im not talking about in the eyes of the Lord, he doesn't need you to do his judgement for him.
View Quote

No, He doesn't, but He instructs me to judge in many areas of life and to choose the correct path for me and mine.  He gives us instruction in righteousness and expects us to conform to His righteous standards.  And He has said, very clearly, that homosexual behavior is wrong and unacceptable.

you still haven't answered how to either let a kid grow up with loving parents
(be they "sinners" or not), or to keep him in an orphanage where its dog eat dog is any better for the child.
View Quote

I didn't realize you had asked me this question.  The answer is that it is better to be raised by a loving mother and father in a normal family.

If this is not possible, then an orphanage is better than being raised by two perverts.  Many fine men have made something of their lives after starting out in orphanages.  

God can make good men out of sinners.  But His way is the best way.  

"There is no better plan than God's plan."

View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top