Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/28/2002 8:42:40 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:45:07 AM EST
sorry for your lose and all, but just cuz your having a ruff day doesnt mean your above the law. sicne your so friendly with some LEOs ask them the best way to get it dissmised. once again sorry for your lose, my prayers are with your family
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:48:50 AM EST
Obviously the cop was simply doing everything possible so that he could safely go home when his shift was over. [:K] On a more serious note, sorry about your mom.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:49:49 AM EST
Luckily, many judges are not that heartless. Seems to me the cop was doing his job, but could have done so in a more understanding manner. The cop is not the final word. Get the plates cleaned and get the truck inspected (if it will pass) and then explain the whole situation to the judge. A judge is going to be much more willing to listen to the totality of the circumstances than a cop on the side of the road.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:31:55 AM EST
First, sorry about your Mom. Not that folks would Ever lie to the police, that is why you were written I imagine. I know I have sure heard some wild one's. I must say, in your defense, it's seems kinda chickenshit to be writing inspection stickers. I would contest the citation. Get paper work proving this is what you were doing. Take it to court. You may or may not prevail, generally most hearing officers/judges are willing to listen to a legitimate excuse. Again, sorry about your Mom.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:38:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/28/2002 9:40:01 AM EST by kwb377]
It's not chickenshit at all. The rest of us have to wait in line to get our stickers, license renewals, etc. If I have to pay hundreds of dollars for mine, why can't they. Also, the officer has no way of verifying his story, and since he's heard every story there is to get out of a ticket, he just writes the citation. Then it's up to the judge if his story is enough to drop the ticket.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:51:00 AM EST
Funny how some cops can smell a lie from a mile off but cant detect the truth when it hits them in the face. Sorry to hear about your families loss. Lebrew
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 10:08:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/28/2002 10:09:07 AM EST by bountyhunter]
I let a guy off for speeding once , he told me he was going to the hospital, his wife was delivering, I got her name and said congrats, drive slower and careful, I also got the hospital. I checked later and he was bogus , he was divorced and no such thing was occurring, I tracked him down and gave him his speed ticket, hoping he would contest it in court so the Judge could double hammer him, he waived it, lucky for him, point is everyone lies to you and there is just no way to check it out all the time, my condolences for your loss.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 10:51:59 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:40:28 PM EST
As has been said, there are just as many people out there who would lie about such an incident to get out of a ticket. Bottom line is, its the officers disctretion to not write the ticket. I would plead innocent and go to court; let the judge decide if he wants to waive the ticket. Take the obit in with you. Sorry about your loss.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 2:15:00 PM EST
Hi there T.T. I am sorry for your lose. You guys all sound just like this cop. TT dont care about the ticket, it is the cops total lack of compassion. T.T. said he new the sticker was out. He knows he was in the wrong. The cop could have been a little human. You know we all have moms, and so we all love our moms. Untill that day.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 2:43:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/28/2002 2:45:02 PM EST by Waverunner]
I'm sorry to hear about your mother. The police officer failed to use discretion(or maybe he did) in giving you that summons. I would get your LEO bud's to find that particular officer and see if they can talk some sense into him.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:12:40 AM EST
Top Top