Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2001 12:42:04 AM EDT
Everybody read this [url]http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20010622-5627916.htm[/url] and post your comments.
I will post mine:IF YOU DON'T LIKE OUR COLORS,GET THE F**K OUT.
[flag]            [flag]             [flag]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
"They" dont like the American flag the Confederate flag, what flag do they like??
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:32:27 AM EDT
[#2]
nah....
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:34:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I bet this thread dont have long to live!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:41:19 AM EDT
[#4]
If she openly states that she has no loyalty to the US, then she should quit her office, pack her bags, renounce her citizenship, and move to a country more "friendly" to her. The axe she's grinding is obviously designed for her own political advancement. Tennessee should be ashamed of the fact that they elected her.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:42:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
nah....
View Quote

Changed you mind, eh??  Good restraint!!!

[:)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 2:42:10 AM EDT
[#6]
LOL!
You must've seen it....

Had to do it...
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 3:11:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE, THERE ARE VARIOUS MEANS OF TRAVEL AVAILABLE TO RELOCATE YOU TO AN AREA OF YOUR CHOICE.

Also, how can the good people of TN elect someone with no respect or love for their country and it's flag.  This is digusting, and should be treated as treason.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 3:29:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I get so sick and tired of their complaints!!!!! We don't have this & we don't have to do that and this is the way it should be. Can't even wear a hat properly."the bill goes in front" & pull up your F**ken pants. Don't like the flag well here is a solution. we will put ALL of you basterds on a boat (inner tubes) and send you to a deserted island with a blank pillow case and you can make up your own flag. How about a watermelon wearing a hat side ways and pants around ths base?  Till then SHUT THE F**CK up! and get with the program!
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 4:00:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I agree, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE, THERE ARE VARIOUS MEANS OF TRAVEL AVAILABLE TO RELOCATE YOU TO AN AREA OF YOUR CHOICE.

Also, how can the good people of TN elect someone with no respect or love for their country and it's flag.  This is digusting, and should be treated as treason.
View Quote

I am more than ready to chip in for a "boat" ticket.Shame on you TN electors!
   [flag]           [flag]            [flag]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I bet this thread dont have long to live!!
View Quote

It is STILL a free country.Aaaaa....IS IT???
  [flag]           [flag]           [flag]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Our government is becoming more and more oppressive a fact which non of us can deny. There are constant comments and rantings on this site about the erosion of our constitutional rights and personal freedoms. The flag my come to symbolize oppression to us all some day. This is still a free nation. Defend this woman's right to say what she wants. You don't have to like it or agree with it. There is enough oppression from the government don't join the thought police. America, love it or work to make it better.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#13]
How does our flag have anything to do with slavery?
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By uncle buck:
Our government is becoming more and more oppressive a fact which non of us can deny. There are constant comments and rantings on this site about the erosion of our constitutional rights and personal freedoms. The flag my come to symbolize oppression to us all some day. This is still a free nation. Defend this woman's right to say what she wants. You don't have to like it or agree with it. There is enough oppression from the government don't join the thought police.
America, love it or work to make it better.
View Quote
I couldn't agree more with you.HATS OFF!!!!!![flag]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#16]
[:(!]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Mrs Brooks is stirring up more trouble than most people think
Ms. Brooks has sponsored legislation against racial profiling by police and in favor of reparations payments to the descendants of slaves.WHO WILL PAY THIS P.O.S
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I read and posted this article a while back.  I'll say what I said about it then.

That chic can eat shit!!!  

!!!LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT BITCH!!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#19]
"Restrictions of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us."--William O. Douglas

"Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgement and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state."--John Dewey

"Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence."--John Locke

"When all other rights are taken away, the right of rebellion is made perfect."--Thomas Paine

Link Posted: 6/25/2001 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#20]
The flag may be a symbol of oppression to her and a few others, but to the rest of the world it spells FREEDOM. Try telling a Holocaust survivor or some guy that defected from the Soviet Union during the cold war it represented oppression, I think you'll get a much different response.  

As far as Ms. Brooks views, well she has the right to think and say as she pleases. We don't have to agree with her, but it is her right to think as she wants and have her opinion.

It's my opinion that the flags design is just fine. It's also my opinion that if she did some homework and studied the history behind the flag she would learn it does represent everyone. She would probably learn what the colors in the flag mean, what the stars stand for and the order in which they are laid out. What the blue field and red and white stripes stand for and the protocol, ceremonies, and etiquette about flying of the flag.

It's also my opinion that no matter what anyone says we or they aren't going to change her mind, because she is blinded by her emotions on the matter.

Rant over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top