Posted: 11/7/2001 8:19:40 AM EDT
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44428-2001Nov5.html[/url]

[img]http://www.americanfreedomnews.com/images/news_pic/billboard.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#1]
What the Hell!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:25:13 AM EDT
[#2]
WTF does that have to do with the WTC attack?  How are they going to justify that?  If gun owners had been on the plane with their guns, we would have had an incident of dead terrorists.

Who has email addresses for these morons?
Ice
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Ah yes, good ol' Mr. Rosenthal succeeding in putting a positive spin on his organization despite the waning support for gun control (Except in Cambridge 'Berkely Jr.')

SHV has been a huge thorn in the side of MA gun owners for some time now, and that lying sack of crap unfortunately has credibility with people in this state because A) He's rich, and B) he is a 'gun owner' himself. [rolleyes]

Probably owns a Perazzi double and a .38, thats all.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#4]
So, he compares me to a terrorist???

that's OK.

I compare him to the French.

[}:D]

Oddly, a few people on here have been comparing Christians to the terrorists. But you guys are pretty silent about that. But when it happens to you, the howls begin.  suppose it all depends on whose ox is being gored.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oddly, a few people on here have been comparing Christians to the terrorists. But you guys are pretty silent about that. But when it happens to you, the howls begin.  suppose it all depends on whose ox is being gored.
View Quote

I noticed that too. Just don't say anything negative about the "babe of the day" post...[>Q]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Being compared to a terrorist because of my Christian beliefs by the ignorant has never bothered me.  It's like the Democrats comparing Republicans with Nazis.  It always rings hollow.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I noticed that too. Just don't say anything negative about the "babe of the day" post...[>Q]
View Quote

Fair enuf.

But mind you, comparing Christians to terrorists would ONLY equate to comparing "Babe" thread lovers to rapists and child molestors.

Which I never did.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Being compared to a terrorist because of my Christian beliefs by the ignorant has never bothered me.  It's like the Democrats comparing Republicans with Nazis.  It always rings hollow.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

GBT -

Christ made it clear we would suffer for our faith.

However, perception IS reality. And in the free society we have been granted by God, we have the ability to CORRECT a wrong perception.

If crap like this gets repeated enuf, people come to believe it. So I challenge these false comparisons and accusations.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

But you [i]are[/i] a terrorist.

See... he just hijacked another thread.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#10]
To me such a billboard is priceless - it's just more evidence that the gun-control group has lost control of the debate (as if they ever had it in the first place) and are resorting to crap that's so obvious that even the sheeple will smell rat!

Meanwhile, the people are busy at their local gun shops, gun shows, hardware stores, wherever, buying even more guns!

And once they've become invested with the idea that [b]they[/b] are in charge of protecting their country, their lives, and the lives of those they hold dear, the gun-control crowd is going to become even less effective than they are now!  Once you've become a full fledged citizen, it's hard to return to sheepledom!

Eric The(There'sNoGoingBack,Now!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
To me such a billboard is priceless - it's just more evidence that the gun-control group has lost control of the debate (as if they ever had it in the first place) and are resorting to crap that's so obvious that even the sheeple will smell rat!

[>]:)]
View Quote

Eric -

According to the article, I don't believe the pic posted above actually has anything to do with the billboard in Boston.

In fact, I'm not sure WHAT that pic has to do with.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Meanwhile, the people are busy at their local gun shops, gun shows, hardware stores, wherever, buying even more guns!

And once they've become invested with the idea that [b]they[/b] are in charge of protecting their country, their lives, and the lives of those they hold dear, the gun-control crowd is going to become even less effective than they are now!  Once you've become a full fledged citizen, it's hard to return to sheepledom!

Eric The(There'sNoGoingBack,Now!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I'm with you, they have lost control of the debate. Also, now that we are on a war footing, its a bit difficult to be bad-mouthing one of the weapons of war (handgun)....
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I think maby the (terrorists) should torch that billboard.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Eric -

According to the article, I don't believe the pic posted above actually has anything to do with the billboard in Boston.

In fact, I'm not sure WHAT that pic has to do with.

View Quote

I think you are right.  The picture came (and link) came from [url]http://www.americanfreedomnews.com/[/url] and appears to be a dramatization to attract attention to the article.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Fair enuf.

But mind you, comparing Christians to terrorists would ONLY equate to comparing "Babe" thread lovers to rapists and child molestors.

Which I never did.

View Quote

Of course you know I was meaning other people will cry if you pull the plug on the babe of the day post.

I grow tired of the crying when people don't get their way when it comes to things like this...hence the sarcasm.

I would hope that in my days here and in my 1000+ post count, that I have made it clear that I am a blood-washed, bible-believing, spirit-filled believer, and I will always stand up against the "babe" post nonsense when possible. If not, now you know...

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Of course you know I was meaning other people will cry if you pull the plug on the babe of the day post.

I grow tired of the crying when people don't get their way when it comes to things like this...hence the sarcasm.

I would hope that in my days here and in my 1000+ post count, that I have made it clear that I am a blood-washed, bible-believing, spirit-filled believer, and I will always stand up against the "babe" post nonsense when possible. If not, now you know...

View Quote

Oooops - I missed that. U R right of course.

Now, where did I leave my brain????

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Oooops - I missed that. U R right of course.

Now, where did I leave my brain????

View Quote

No problem. I figured you knew and had forgot.

Just in case I haven't told you in a while (or ever)...God bless you brother!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 1:33:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I FELT INSULTED BY THIS PEOPLE...

How they dare to compare me to a terrorist?
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:26:04 AM EDT
[#19]
THAT is why I read the Times...and NOT that "...quaint, alternative Washington newspaper", the Post.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
THAT is why I read the Times...and NOT that "...quaint, alternative Washington newspaper", the Post.
View Quote

...if you mean the New York Times, then i got news for YOU dude!
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:37:47 AM EDT
[#21]
BS on a Billboard.  We should sue for something like 'false advertizing'.  People shouldn't be allowed to spew blatant lies like that on public forums.  Of course, they'd bitch about the 1st.

We should get a billboard that replies:

15 kids a day?  Only if you count 16-24 year old GANG MEMBERS and CRIMINALS.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#22]
That picture is a FAKE.  THERE IS NO SUCH BILLBOARD.

If you would read the article you would see that the billboard described there reads,

"September - 11 - 2001 . . . and our flag was still there."

What's wrong with that?

The FAKE picture was created by some site called American Freedom News.  This is why I don't trust any of those right-wing "news" sites. They're just as biased as the mainstream media.

TOR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top