Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2002 3:42:36 PM EDT
Well, here's another reason to get the hell out of that goofy state.

History has shown with stunning clarity that forced busing to achieve integration and "equal education" was a dismal failure during the seventies in most communities around the country.

The so called "segregation" boogie man that has purportedly reared its ugly head in formerly lily white Huntington Beach, CA is, if true, due to economics and the housing market.  The liberals want students who can't afford to live near that high school to go there, so they get bused in.  The liberal school administrators are bringing in minorities to previously all white surfer dude school and once the desired ratio is achieved, refusing to permit any white student to leave that school, no matter what the reason.  Readers should note the case about the kid who's parents desired him to move to another school so he could assist in the care of his disabled sister.  The school said no way.
They say the state constitution empowers them to use any means possible to ensure full integration.

Time for private schooling.  I suspect in that state, home schoolers are almost unknown.  The liberals have such a stranglehold on CA that just the thought of a home schooled kid would give them apoplexy.

I'm all for equal education for all kids...but this is not the way to accomplish that goal.

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,47961,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The irony is that there is a large population of Asian students in that school district.  I know because I used to go to Edison High School.  But I guess their skin color isn't dark enough and grades low enough to qualify as "minority".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top