Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2002 4:58:35 PM EDT
[blue]Congrats to all the new members![/blue]

OK, who wants to be a 'Team Member' but can't afford it?  Thanks to the generosity of Team Members [b]5subslr5, Wiggy762, DonR, Goatboy, Toaster, HARV[/b] and a little help from [b]me[/b], we have [s]three[/s] SIX (6) free one year memberships to give away!

Here's the contest rules:

Write a post stating why you want/deserve it.  One post only, 3000 character limit.  You can relate why you can't afford it, why you want to help support the site, a good experience you've had here that's worthy of note, whatever.  Just post why you want it!

I will pick three winners tonight and your membership dues will be paid to Goatboy on your behalf.  (I hope he reads this soon...)

So, HAVE AT IT!

[red]UPDATE!  It appears we now have a fourth membership to give away.  That's 4!  But, there's a twist on this one: It is reserved for a FEMALE member who is also attending the BRC only!  So, if there are any Mrs. [insert screen name here]'s out there, here is the perfect chance to get them involved!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!  We are now up to 5!  

(Perhaps we should extend the deadline until tomorrow since its Tuesday and traffic is slow...)

And the amazingness goes on and on and on...[/red]

[blue]Free membership recipients:

#1 - Tattoo
#2 - Doublefeed
#3 - M4_Aiming_at_U
#4 - IAJill
#5 - Sundrop
#6 - fizassist
#7 - dbrowne1
[/blue]

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Aimless!

Quoted:

This site isn't just a firearms site. It is substantially more than that. I have seen several members fall on hard times, and many other people offered moral support, a shoulder, advice, money, and perhaps even a place to stay. More than once I have seen people offer to donate rifles to members who didn't have one, had theirs stolen, or just had done an exemplary job at something outside this site.
I have experienced some rough times in the past, namely the fact that I did not succeed at the original career path that I had chosen, and for quite some time, I wondered if there was a place for me, if even this life offered anything good. Part of this was due to the fact that I was in contact with so many people who did not care to examine reality or deal in fact and truth. I was very disgusted with everything, and the thing that kept me from giving up was the hope that the people I was surrounded with were a minority, that there were some level headed people somewhere, people that had a brain.
I have found them here. Although there are some interesting and sometimes bitter disagreements, the quality of discourse on this site is consistently higher than most of the others.
I am now enrolled in college, studying for my EMT certification, and am well on the way to making right in my life the things that got screwed up when my first dream slipped away. I was not fit to pursue it, but I am in a much better position to fulfill the requirements.
Why do I toss in that seemingly useless personal detail? I told you that because this site was a major factor in my realization that the people with common sense, with intelligence, with morals, and with good judgement outweigh those who have none of those traits. And those with none of those traits are outweighed in force, if not in actual numbers. This site has been a tremendous assistance to me as I struggle to put my life back together.
That is why I would like to show my support for this site and the Avilas. And you WILL get paid back, because I do not let good deeds go unrewarded, and I do not take welfare without gratitude and payback.
Thank you.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#4]
FMJunkie, make that 5. Goatboy and I are both in for one each!  (Boy is he gonna be pissed when he sees this)
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Count me in for one too. Email me and let me know on whos belhalf I need to send the check.

Cheers!!![beer]

Larry.

Edit:Check is being penned out right this moment!! All I need is a screen name to put in teh memo area of it!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Dont I deserve a wonderful membership to AR15.com becuase of how I was able to convert a harsh antigun hippy woman into an AR15/M16 loving shooter? When I met my girlfriend a year ago,she and her parents wre very left wing and hated any kind of fireamr ownership,i was able to overcome those crazy views that she was taught for 23 years and now almost every weekend she is begging me to go to the range,and now best of all she votes PRO-GUN!

~M4_(keeping his fingers crossed)Aiming_at_U
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#7]
So far I see three winners!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I would really like to be a "team Member" Team members get lots of cool perks, like a personal ICON, and special contests, and access to the 'members only' clubhouse. Plus, everybody knows that only team members really know what's going on, so I guess that is reason enough!
So pick Me!!

Wait a minute. I'm already a team member. Darn it all, I always miss out on the free stuff...

[8D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Call 'em like you see 'em.  This is not to be considered in the contest...I just wanted to commend you [b][blue]gentlemen[/b][/blue] for the generosity.  DonR told me that this was really what this site was all about.  I'm a believer!  It sure beats the heck out of all the troll/pissing contests/chest thumping posts.

Jim
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Call 'em like you see 'em.  This is not to be considered in the contest...I just wanted to commend you [b][blue]gentleman[/b][/blue] for the generosity.  DonR told me that this was really what this site was all about.  I'm a believer!  It sure beats the heck out of all the troll/pissing contests/chest thumping posts.

Jim
View Quote

Hi Jim!  Glad to meet you!  I'm glad you got to see the better side of the site.  We truly are like a family sometimes: we fight, piss and moan but, in the end, we are all here for each other...

Oh, and don't make me have to call out one of our reserve Mall Ninjas to 'convince' you to accept a free membership should you be lucky enough to get one! [;D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, well, well...

I think I should be made a team member because I am stylish, composed, logical, stalwart, upstanding, honorable, clean, moral, intelligent, handsome, industrious, enthusiastic, sympathetic, kind, witty, accurate, incisive, loveable, insanely modest[;D] and have a copy of Roget's [i]Thesaurus[/i].[:D]

Oh, and I see that I already got my Team membership! Yay!

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Aw, what the heck.  This thread's so slow that I'd kick myself for not trying.  [:D]  I'm a grad student living below the poverty level, but I still managed to cough up the money for my first AR last weekend!  [Olympic PRC-2]  Now all I can think about is accessories, no money to spend on ar15.com memberships.  Even more, my girlfriend is irrationally afraid of guns and if I get a membership I'm not going to be getting any [sex] for a while.  But I still want a membership!  Now is that commitment and sacrifice or what?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Entering this contest would be a good use of my first ever post.  I've had a lot of fun reading all the other posts on this site and meeting some of you at the shoot in Ottawa last fall.  I am looking forward to going to the BRC with IA Jack later this month.  Why would I like to win a free membership, because IA Jack borrows significant funds from me to stock the gun safe and I am always broke.  (Be sure to tell him how lucky he is to have such a good woman.)  See y'all in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why would I like to win a free membership, because IA Jack borrows significant funds from me to stock the gun safe and I am always broke.
View Quote

This is, by far, going to be the most admired post amongst AR15.com husbands now & for all time to come!

You know what?  You win the 'Female going to the BRC' membership!! [beer]

Be on the lookout for an email from Goatboy and/or the sig-pic under your name.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Call 'em like you see 'em.  This is not to be considered in the contest...I just wanted to commend you [b][blue]gentlemen[/b][/blue] for the generosity.  DonR told me that this was really what this site was all about.  I'm a believer!  It sure beats the heck out of all the troll/pissing contests/chest thumping posts.

Jim
View Quote

Don't make us twist your arm!! Hehe.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#16]
That is very nice of you all.  I have just recently scraped together $60.00 to join the site.  I signed up on Friday just because I was spending so much time reviewing the posts.  Yes, I got in a few argument with BOG, but that was just good healthy fun.  I know that I have already paid, but adding a year to my current membership would be wonderful.  I enjoy the great information and the occational "spat" with fellow members.  Thanks again for running such a fine site.

Oh-well, it was worth a shot.  Great job team.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I think I deserve to be considered because I'm a poor starving grad student that has been here since long before the site chnaged formats, way back when I was a young college student.
More importantly, I have both benefited from and contributed to the site greatly, and to the firearms community. I have taken numerous (prior antis) shooting and in most cases changed their minds. I have written my law review note (student article) here in law school on why first amendment free speech/religion standards and tests should be applied to the second amendment, and how it would actually work. It has been submitted to the law review and the bill of rights journal with favorable reception thusfar. So my contributions go beyond the site itself...one site member even said he thought he'd see me one day arguing before the Supreme Court.
I've also done a fair amount of trading on the exchange forums, all with great results. AR15.com is full of people of character and I'm proud to be part of this community. And I'd be proud to be a team member.

-dbrowne1
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks to all who helped with donating funds to this!  Congrats to the first 7 to post and get them!

FirearmTom1 - Fear not, I'm sure this kind of thing will happen again, more than once, before you need to renew.

Look for emails everyone!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Thank you!!!!!! Damn, this is the good news I needed all month!Once again thanks!

AR15.COM IS THE BEST!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thank you!  I love this site with my whole body, including my peepee.  Y'all are so cool, and by that, I mean, you are totally SWEET.  You make me crap my pants. [:D]
View Quote

LOL!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd like to thank all the little people who helped...oh wait...I'm the little people.  In that case, I'd like to thank all the big people who helped make this night a reality for me.  [>(] ok...wait...I'm ok now.  [:)]

I guess this means that I'm going to have to stop lurking after a year and start throwing out my $0.02 whether it's wanted or not.  The good news is that by the time this free membership runs out, I'll be a real person with a real job and be able to buy next year's.

[Edited because 9 years of college haven't prepared me for properly choosing smileys.]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:50:06 PM EDT
[#23]
What the heck.  This will be short and sweet.  I got laid off a year ago, have had to sell some guns to get by, had to move into a cheap place.  Other than that things are fine.  I do occasionally get to go to Barbados doing contract work for the company that I got laid off from.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#24]
So who did I get?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So who did I get?
View Quote

I sent you an email!  (let me know if you don't get it)
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet....
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn it! I miss something good again. Oh well, this is what I get when mine blasted computer crashes on me over the weekend. I spent the last 36 hours to figure out in restoring then rebuilding the POS computer.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Well here's my story. I'm joining the Canadian army this summer. I am going in as a 421(Weapons Tech) My dad was a weapons tech, so I going in because I done a lot of stuff he has done. Anyway you must know how poor the Canadian army pays a new private. Living in Canada is almost as worst as living in CA ! But atlest we have no pre-post ban laws. I love my LEO/export only rifles [}:D]!. I wish someday to move to the states and get a CCW and Class 3 permit. Anyway I think ar15.com is a excellent site to go to ask about anything . I hope I win ! [:D]

ALL Nuts I was to slow !!! [pissed]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So who did I get?
View Quote

I sent you an email!  (let me know if you don't get it)
View Quote

Got it.. Stuffing the envelope now.. Heehee! This was fun!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet....
View Quote

[:)]

-T.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#32]
We'll I missed it,or did I? I have been spending my money on my lawyer to try to preserve my firearms rights in the peoples commonwealth of Ma.The hearing went,not to well,a utopian lib judge, and I think I'll have to appeal.[pissed]That's where my[green] $$$ [/green]been going,[size=2]going[/size=2],[size=4]GONE![/size=4][size=6]HELP![/size=6]   I had to sue the CLEO in my town,that does not make me think I might get a break if I get pulled over[:|]....this has been in litigation since the states NEW GUNCONTROL ACT OF 1998.THATS NEAR 3 year ago this state legislated away my rights as they stood to my private property before 1998.[pissed]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 11:05:47 PM EDT
[#33]

FMJunkie, 5subslr5, Wiggy762, DonR, Goatboy, Toaster, & HARV,

I realize that some members have various reasons for not joining (NO judgment call intended (I really mean that).
And others are,,, well,,,,,,, simply CHEAP!

Thanks to each and every one of you for recognizing a few of the members who would honestly love to become Team Members, yet can't afford it because they truly ARE struggling financially.

Your selfless and extraordinary generous acts tonight are one of the most incredibly decent and kindest things I've ever been lucky enough to witness.

I'm always proud to call this board home, especially right now.

[red][b]
OH, yeah - CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 7 NEW TEAM MEMBERS!!! [/red][/b]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
We'll I missed it,or did I? I have been spending my money on my lawyer to try to preserve my firearms rights in the peoples commonwealth of Ma.The hearing went,not to well,a utoipan lib judge, and I think I'll have to appeal.[pissed]That's where my $$$ been going,going,GONE!HELP!
View Quote

Sorry Bolt, I just scraped up enough to sign up myself.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:01:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:12:26 AM EDT
[#36]
First, let me again say something about the [b][blue]very fine people[/b][blue] who chose to sponsor new members.  My hat's off to [b]5subslr5, Wiggy762, DonR, Goatboy, Toaster, HARV and FMJunkie[/b].  What a classy bunch of folks.

I was going to write some long post here about what this personally means to me, but I'll spare you.

I'll just say [b][red]THANKS![/b][/red] to all and a special thanks to Wiggy762.

Jim
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I am not cheap but do have good reason for not joining. I have no job, can't walk or even feel my legs. I can't even feel little Stevie [:D] (hell I can't even take a dump without a jar full of laxatives), spend all my Workmans Comp. money on my lawyer cause my insurance CO. is constantly trying to screw me, and on top of that I am trying to go back to school. I am poor as shit but still did not post in this thread as I am sure others needed this more than I do. So just take it easy on the "cheap" comments Ok. [:D]

Congratulations on the new members [:)]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#38]

[:)]

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#39]
So how will I know when everything is ready for my membership to switch over?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top