Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/10/2002 5:17:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2002 6:34:24 PM EST by s0ulzer0]
I contacted A.R.M.S. [url]http://www.armsmounts.com/[/url] about the part number and ordering a replacement thumbnut for my ARMS #39A2Plus Bi-Level Mount. (I almost lost it one day and want to keep a spare) Well, they e-mail me back and after a 2 day ping pong of e-mail, they were "surprised" that I needed one. They went on to say that nobody has ever lost one! Here is a quote: [b]"Well, out of over 320 thousand of these type thumb nuts in sevice, the gov't has never had one lost that we are aware of nor have we had civ. sales sue to any being lost."[/b] Just wondering if anybody has ever lost/misplaced theirs...... Edit: Tried to add a poll, but keep getting server errors.....
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 5:33:18 PM EST
The goverment must have ordered at least three extra nuts per unit [:D]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:42:33 PM EST
I gaurentee at least 2 people have. I've found that many on the range in the past year!
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:59:02 PM EST
Dunno - I stick to the A2 upper. I like my iron sights to stay where they are, thank you very much... Are the thumbnuts not captive, or what? I somehow expect them to be captive nuts, so they can't get lost in the field (just in case, you know...) FFZ
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 2:17:46 AM EST
s0ulzer0: I have one that likes to creep off of my rifle. I keep meaning to dope it up with some lock-tite or whatever. It usually comes loose after 30-60 rounds or so. I have found it on the bench before and we shot it so much one day that the entire back sight went flying from the rifle! The look on my friends face (he was shooting it) was priceless, whereas I just laughted. Still though, I wouldn't want that to happen in the field. -White Horse
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 4:13:31 AM EST
The other day I was changing scopes on one of my AR's that have a carry handle mount and the thumb nut fell and hit the deck under my work bench,it took me almost 20 minutes to find it,I started thinking that i should order a couple just in case,so where and who has them? When something round hits the floor it takes on new life as it will be in the last place you look,LOL
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:55:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By jrzy: The other day I was changing scopes on one of my AR's that have a carry handle mount and the thumb nut fell and hit the deck under my work bench,it took me almost 20 minutes to find it,I started thinking that i should order a couple just in case,so where and who has them? When something round hits the floor it takes on new life as it will be in the last place you look,LOL
View Quote
You can order them from ARMS via phone call & CC. I was told they were $10.00, kind of steap for a thumbnut.....
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:03:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By FreeFireZone: Dunno - I stick to the A2 upper. I like my iron sights to stay where they are, thank you very much... Are the thumbnuts not captive, or what? I somehow expect them to be captive nuts, so they can't get lost in the field (just in case, you know...) FFZ
View Quote
The one that secures the little swing arm to the front of the carry handle is captive via a pin so it can swing out when removing. The other one is free, it secures the top of the mount by screwing onto the threaded post that sticks thru the hole in the top of the carry handle. It comes completely off, just like any carry handle mount. I like my A2 iron sights best as well, I use the #39 mount when I fool with a holosight, red dot or scope.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:09:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By White_horse: ...we shot it so much one day that the entire back sight went flying from the rifle! The look on my friends face (he was shooting it) was priceless, whereas I just laughted. -White Horse
View Quote
Was that on one of their #38 Swan Sleeves for an A3 flat top? DAMN! That would suck!
Top Top