Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2001 10:38:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2001 2:31:58 PM EDT by GoatBoy]
[b]I encourage you to check this yourself if you don't believe me![/b] Simply inquire of cyberseals.org ! ----- Original Message ----- From: IsHeReal@cyberseals.org To: John Williams Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2001 8:35 PM Subject: re: Fraudulent SEAL Check Request John, While we have several men named Thornton in our database, we do NOT have a listing for anyone named David P. Thornton (or any of various possible alternative spellings) in our database. His claims are 100% FALSE! He's a complete FAKE - a thief of honor - and a disgrace to all true American veterans! Please show him this message, then sit back and prepare to hear all kinds of BS about his records being "destroyed" or "sealed to prevent disclosure". Just so you'll know, there are secret missions, but no secret SEALs. We know them ALL, and your boy, Thornton, ISN'T ONE OF THEM!! You may also send communications directly to the Phony Busters Team at ISHEREAL@cyberseals.org. Thank you for your assistance in upholding the honor of the US Navy SEAL Teams. Steve Robinson, Phony Busters Team SEAL Team One 1971-1973 -----Original Message----- From: John Williams Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2001 2:02 PM To: IsHeReal@cyberseals.org Subject: david p. thornton Possible Phony SEAL Below is the result of your Phony SEAL form. It was submitted by John Williams on Sunday, August 26, 2001 at 15:02:16 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- name: david p. thornton claims: claimed to be a usn seal city: san antonio state: tx date of claim: thru 1999 age: 38 relation: none, just have heard his story and don't believe it. interest: can't stand a fake, liar comments: supposedly employed as a banker in san antonio. runs an internet gun site. lives at XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXX, san antonio, texas --------------------------------------------------------------------------- REMOTE_ADDR: 217.194.37.114 [edited to remove DThor's home address] [i]I removed the full address... DON'T EVER POST PRIVATE INFO!!! A city is ok, but otherwise don't go there. -- GB[/i]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:45:41 AM EDT
AND..... My SECOND inquiry: From: "Frank J.Sparks" Subject: Re: david p. thornton Possible Phony SEAL Date: Sunday, August 26, 2001 3:46 PM Funny Mr. David P Thornton must be confuing himself with reality. He is not in the Data base as a graduate of BUD/S. He must be part of the sealteam that is located at www.cyberSEALs.org that are listed on the WALL of SHAME. Please ask all that you know who have heard his claims to do as you have and fill out the form. If you have a picture of this deluded PHONY please include it to us. We would like to HELP mr thornton in his attempt to gain the recognition he craves. SEAL PHONY BUSTING TEAM Frank J. Sparks "Sparky" sealpup121@udtseal.com _____________________________________________________________
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:46:33 AM EDT
That's pretty cool of you to paste someones home address on the Net for all to see(Read: Sarcasm). Even if he is not a SEAL, (which in your case you should be gald he's not)you shouldn't post his personnal info on the web.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:49:28 AM EDT
Oops.. sorry about that. I will go back and edit the post to remove his address. - John.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:51:10 AM EDT
To those who have just read the post, forget the address you have just seen. Ice
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:15:16 AM EDT
I worked in a SCUBA shop many years ago and you would not belive how many SEALS I met. Those reported numbers of 2000 some-odd SEALS are just a coverup for their true capability and quantity. There are well over a few thousand hiding-out right here in the Seattle area alone. The coolest part of it all is how they have these rather protrusive beer guts, slouching shoulders, and enroll in Basic SCUBA cert classes just to FOOL everyone. They are EVERYWHERE! You just have to look...and believe. C6 P.S. Most of them told me they became SEALS because the Force Recon bubbas and training were too damn boring and easy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:28:41 AM EDT
When did he claim to be a SEAL??? Shawn
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:38:09 AM EDT
He's not 38. He's just about 36. Hey his birthday was last Tuesday. Happy birthday David. Oh, I guess this isn't really appropriate here but,,, sorry. Well he did just get an "adjustment" on his driver's license in Oct. of 99 so that may have had something to do with it. Or maybe he just got out of prison. Anyway he was 6'1" and 265 lbs. back then. Sounds kind of big for a seal.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:41:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2001 11:43:09 AM EDT by sherm8404]
Kudos to you for seeing thru the BS and actually checking it out! To ANYONE that claims a military affiliation when the have NONE, F**K YOU! You truly are pathetic individuals. Get some help.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:03:20 PM EDT
You mean someone on the internet was LYING about their identity? [:O] Man, if you can't trust a phony seal, who can you trust?
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:06:50 PM EDT
Perhaps all this attention is the real reason for his extended leave of absence. On his BB he recently claimed his wife was ill and he would be away for an undetermined length of time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:10:05 PM EDT
As I lurk at AK47 but have not registered, I'm curious, where did he make the claim? What context? I also checked the two links, and did not see him listed anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:17:39 PM EDT
[img]www.terraquest.com/va/science/seals/1374.31.gif[/img] What I'm trying to figger out is how he got away with it for so long. Seems like that would be pretty hard to fake.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:24:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2001 12:25:59 PM EDT by garandman]
Perhaps this might help..... [size=4]HOW TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SEAL AND A SEA LYIN' [/SIZE=4] [img]www.seaworld.org/Pinnipeds/difference.GIF[/img]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:27:58 PM EDT
Ooh! a fony seal! the little bastard! david p. thornton, huh...maybe belongs to seal team 0.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:33:26 PM EDT
I've known him for quite a while and he's never purported himself to be a seal that I know of. So, Singlestaker, where did you hear this. With your own ears or did someone tell you?
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:33:44 PM EDT
I once worked with a guy who claimed he was a navy seal. Underwater demolition. Had a big gut and didn't seem very athletic. During his story he said that he said that you're never really out of the seals. He could be recalled for service at a moment's notice. I told him, in front of several others, that they'd have to get his fat ass on a treadmill first. Never heard him mention his navy seal story after that. Luckily, my bathtub was never blown up either.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:53:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2001 1:10:57 PM EDT by sfcret]
SingleStacker, I'm interested in knowing when he claimed to be a SEAL, and if he did....and you found him out, good for you....any piece of dog shit that steal the honor of honorable men need to be exposed....that includes their address, I don't care who they are, or what they do...they need to be exposed for their slimey shitty self! if you can dig up any old threads, that he claimed to be a SEAL....that would be very interesting to read....by the by there is a web site that exposes these pieces of shit......if he claimed he was a seal, and isn't he maybe a canidate to add to that list of slimey pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:29:05 PM EDT
Doesn't anyone from the "old" AR15.com remember the summer of 1999 when he got pissed off at one of the other members and offered to pay for an airline ticket? He wanted the guy to fly down to Texas so that he could kick his ass in public. His posts included references to his physical size and time with the SEAL teams. He also made mention of his SEAL background at the TBRS shoot in Glen Rose. I hope that everything turns out to be true for his sake. These are some pretty strong allegations that are undeserved if he is being unfairly singled out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:49:16 PM EDT
I can't comment on anyone else's experience, but DTHOR has never claimed to have been a SEAL in my presence. He stated that he worked on a Navy helicopter and worked WITH SEALs frequently, but he never claimed to have been one while I was present or in any post I have read of his online. I believe he did say once that his brother was a SEAL, but I am not 100% certain of my recollection on that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:00:23 PM EDT
I had a dream once that I was a SEEL.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:04:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bud: His posts included references to his physical size and time with the SEAL teams. He also made mention of his SEAL background at the TBRS shoot in Glen Rose.
View Quote
[b][size=4]EXACTLY !!! I was very offended at his physical threat at the time and thought that a "real SEAL" would never make such blustering comments and mention that he "was a SEAL". Also... in Glen Rose, he talked at LENGTH about his SEAL Training ! I actually believed all of it. Shame on me for being a gullible sucker. As I stated in my above post, there are MANY places that will very verify this information. Please call or send an e-mail yourselves if you doubt me !
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:07:19 PM EDT
My best friend was a SEAL for 10 years. I have had the pleasure of meeting several of his SEAL friends, and all those I have met are very reserved and quiet about their service. They dont brag or even offer the fact that they were SEALs. It's a very private thing for them, and as my friend says..."I dont have anything to prove to anyone except myself, and I've already done that" I am proud to have him as a friend. SPECTRE out...
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:15:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bud: Doesn't anyone from the "old" AR15.com remember the summer of 1999 when he got pissed off at one of the other members and offered to pay for an airline ticket? He wanted the guy to fly down to Texas so that he could kick his ass in public. His posts included references to his physical size and time with the SEAL teams. He also made mention of his SEAL background at the TBRS shoot in Glen Rose. I hope that everything turns out to be true for his sake. These are some pretty strong allegations that are undeserved if he is being unfairly singled out.
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:23:15 PM EDT
he always claimed to be "a man of honor".
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:29:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:46:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bulldawg:
Originally Posted By Bud: Doesn't anyone from the "old" AR15.com remember the summer of 1999 when he got pissed off at one of the other members and offered to pay for an airline ticket? He wanted the guy to fly down to Texas so that he could kick his ass in public. His posts included references to his physical size and time with the SEAL teams. He also made mention of his SEAL background at the TBRS shoot in Glen Rose. I hope that everything turns out to be true for his sake. These are some pretty strong allegations that are undeserved if he is being unfairly singled out.
View Quote
Yep.
View Quote
Yep! Yep! on the offer to buy airline ticket. But don't know anything about Glen Rose since I have never had the chance to attend TBRS. [:(] [:(] [:(]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2001 3:01:15 PM EDT by CPL_Punishment]
Originally Posted By Bud: Doesn't anyone from the "old" AR15.com remember the summer of 1999 when he got pissed off at one of the other members and offered to pay for an airline ticket? He wanted the guy to fly down to Texas so that he could kick his ass in public. His posts included references to his physical size and time with the SEAL teams.
View Quote
Yeah, i dont know if it was the same thread, but I remember one of DTHOR's posts around the same time in the old forum. He was arguing with a former Army soldier who said that while as OPFOR at JRTC-Fort Polk, he fought against visiting Spetznaz troops and admired their skill but was not all impressed with Navy SEAL units that came. DTHOR wrote a lengthy emotional rebuttel with the words "Bullshit" inserted where ever he could throughout his post. I remember DTHOR saying that he was formerly a badass experienced Navy SEAL and would teach this guy a lesson. I suspected DTHOR was a phony back then when i read his post, and I guess my suspicions were correct. LMAO, what a loser. Essayons! [edited to take out my comment calling DThor a "dumb@ss"]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:11:55 PM EDT
dthor has lied to numerous people, i'm told.people who's reputations are beyond reproach...and i know he has lied to me (i saved his emails). would those who have personal recollections of his untruthfulness please post here. personal accounts of his claims to have been a u.s.n. seal have been forwarded to [url]www.cyberSEALS.org[url] by those that have heard them, firsthand. if, by chance, you have a contribution you would like to make to the growing stack of emails...please forward your account to them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:50:38 PM EDT
Hhahaah This guy is the biggest UGLY looking piece of shit that I have ever encountered. He tried to start a shit storm about me on Bowers Board accusing me of raising a price, and tried.I say tried to hurt my reputation. Now the world see's what a real piece of shit this guy is. Enjoy David Texas Inbreed..... Bryan Pritchard/Tactical Weaponry
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:36:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:19:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bud: Doesn't anyone from the "old" AR15.com remember the summer of 1999 when he got pissed off at one of the other members and offered to pay for an airline ticket? He wanted the guy to fly down to Texas so that he could kick his ass in public.
View Quote
I believe ED SR. was the gentleman whom was invited to fly to texas..mmk
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:25:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:27:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GoatBoy: I'm not sure how to respond to this except that an act like this is a disgrace to those who have served. -- GB
View Quote
This is all heresay. I am really surprised that you allow this kind of post on this board. This is shameful. It is easy to slander a man when he can not defend himself. This is the result of juveniles.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:31:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FrankSquid: Hey, before you guys check up on me, I SELL squid and my name is Frank. But if I was in the navy, I would be a SEAL with a lot of medals. [;)]
View Quote
I'm on Frank's boat. Coversix means I watch my ass. It IS NOT a call sign designating me as a present or former commander of any unit, in any nation, ever. heheh C6
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:42:44 PM EDT
OT: hawkinszouave, were you in 159th Infantry-"Zouaves" ?? I was TF Engineer for TF 2-159, Fort Lewis 1997. Essayons!
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:56:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:00:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:19:27 PM EDT
I'm a corpsman in the Navy Reserve. No active duty time, no combat experience. I've been to a mini (I wouldn't even call it a boot)basic (read that 17 days for new resevists with no prior service but in possesion of a desired skill) and Field Medical Service School(one month)at Camp Pendleton. I have my NEC and drill with a Reserve Marine unit in NY. I have a great base of medical knowledge, and am a very competent medic> I owe that to my 10 years in EMS and not to the Navy. The Navy showed me how to adapt my knowledge to a new style of combat medicine. Were I to convinvingly claim an affiliation with a Force Recon unit as a Duel Cool SARC(Special Amphibious Recon Corpsman) I'd certainly garner a lot more respect from those around me. I'd have an air authority about me that is enhanced by my claims of skills, abilities, and accoplishments. It offends me to the quick of my soul for someone to step up and lay claim to an identity or heroic deed that isn't theirs to claim. It is manipulative and EXTREMELY self serving. Honesty, commitment and courage are what I'd look up to. Not someone who violates those tenets with lies and fables. Soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines have given of themselves and made the ultimate sacrifice to this country. They arent't here to tell their tale. For some phony to step up and deceptively take their place at the table of honor is WRONG! DISGUSTING! REPREHENSIBLE! I look up to those in my unit who've "been there, done that." They guide my actions, teach me, and inspire me to strive to match the courage, intergrity, and skills they've displayed. It is my business if someone lies to gain respect. It is my business if someone deceives for personal gratification; it cheapens the words of those who have truly been there! There are consequences in the military for those that lie about who they are, for those who wear ribbons and devices they haven't truly earned. If DThor were truly a SEAL, then we wouldn't be having this brouhaha, cuz he never would have said it in piblic. If he's not what he claimed to be then he's a piece of shit, and doesn't deserve the respect of this e-community. [-!-!-][-!-][-!-!-][-!-][-!-!-][-!-][-!-!-][-!-] Sherm
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:07:11 PM EDT
I must say I fall on the let this alone till he can come and speak for himself. Sh!t, this was well over a year ago. I remember the falling out with ed and the new board. I remember all the bitching and haranguing with hime and mick and bavarian. I even hung around his board for a while 'till all the negativity sent me packing. But still I think this is not the time to be talking about it. Esp. tacking up the thread. Let the guy have some peace 'till his wife is OK.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 3:24:12 AM EDT
I've never seen anything that Dthor has posted that indicated that he was a seal. I've been around both of these sites since Jan 2000 and have yet to see something like this. Yes I do know that these accusations stem back to 1999, but one would think that someone with the propensity to falsely call themselves a seal would repeat that offense more than once in two years... As others have said, I think that this could have been dealt with at some other time than while Dthor is going through all this crap. I personally don't care if the e-mails have valid headers or not, because that could have all been typed in afterward. Unless someone can pull a post that SHOWS Dthor claiming to be a seal, I will count this as a BS attack on someone that has not been proven to be a fake. The accusation has been made, but I have yet to see anyone PROVE anything at all. Also the timing could not be more suspect if you ask me...
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 3:55:34 AM EDT
right now im leaning towards the thoughts that a couple guys are trying to smear his rep probably cause they got the boot from his site. im waiting for a rebutle from him dthor as to making up my mind.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 4:21:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2001 4:24:27 AM EDT by EdAvilaSr]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 5:25:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2001 5:29:07 AM EDT by AKM]
Anyone who would invite others to troll their site so the members would cry for more moderation is certainly of questionable integrity!
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 5:46:18 AM EDT
My 2¢ I have not seen one iota of proof yet. When the trash settles from this? Neither will any of you. However speaking of veterans? I am a veteran.. Here is how the same group of people treat veterans These things are impersonating me.. MY NAME IS NOT KEN BARR.. SO WILL YOU IDIOTS STOP HARASSING THIS MAN!!!!
My name is Ken Barr and I work at the ZF Meritor plant in Laurinburg, North Carolina. Now I know I told you guys my name was not Ken Barr but I lied. I have intimacy problems and didn’t want to get close to you all. With out you guys I am just a loser with no life. I spend 90% of my time each day on the web. Even when I go to sleep I leave my computer on just in case I get some email. I know I have told some of you guys that I was an E7 in the Army a while back. If you want proof that I did serve in the Army go over to military.com and do a search for my name under personnel locator. You will find a Kenneth Barr with my rank and specialty who served in the Army so I am not making that up. I appreciate you guys calling my house all the time and saying nice things to me. Please keep on calling me. I deserve it because I have been a very naughty boy.
View Quote
http://www.krinkov.net/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=663&forum=1&2 ANother big move?? They impersonated a young woman and accused me of harassing her WHAT PART OF THE WORD L I A R S don't you get? So my 2¢?? [b]Do you all really care about your fellow veterans or some internet witch hunt??? No I don't want to read your words, I have read enough words... What words? LIES-SLANDER-PERSAONAL ATTACKS- Oh yesterday was a moment in pure class, they added impersonation.. Well I am a vietnam vet.. I am being slandered, attacked and even impersonated by the same people.. I have but one question. Which is more important to you, something that may or may NOT have happened 2 years ago?? Or something ignorant, crude and a pure LIE that the same people are doing right this minute to a fellow veteran??? These people are scum and folkss, it rubs off and sticks. Now moderate this post because a Veteran that should be your friend and brother?? Well you tell me what you would be thinking? Don't bother to look for a discussion from me either.... [/b]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 6:21:07 AM EDT
I can't believe no one appreciated my "seal" joke!!!!!! A sea "lyin'" (lion) Get it?????? That's funny stuff man. PURE comedy. [:(]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 6:33:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 6:34:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2001 6:35:04 AM EDT by GoatBoy]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 6:39:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2001 6:42:12 AM EDT by GoatBoy]
Top Top