Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/5/2003 5:45:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2003 5:48:28 PM EDT by Wave]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:03:37 PM EDT
That's gotta be one of the ugliest guns I ever seen! [puke] What was the point of doing that?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:11:38 PM EDT
Ouch!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:24:28 PM EDT
Now that's my idea of a "Mattel Toy Rifle".
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:29:55 PM EDT
Good job. Looks like he's got a weapon from every generation covered there.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:05:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:14:21 PM EDT
Tactical. Very tactical. [rolleyes] I can't wait until Canada starts building cars. (Please don't tell me they do already.) cynic
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:23:19 PM EDT
Camaro/Firebird was built at a Canadian plant.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:23:40 PM EDT
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=168809[/url] This must have come from this guy, he seems to have a hardon for the telestock pistol grip setup. I bet this guy has a mop with a pistol grip!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:43:25 PM EDT
Come on Guy's it is just a project. You have to understand that we have more SMLE's then people up here and we get bored looking at the same thing all the time. And contrary to popular belief we have plenty of AR's. And with what happened in California with the 50 ban you guy's might start to envy us soon, well at least those in Cali and NY. And cars have been built in Canada since the beginning of the North American big 3 GM, Ford and Chrysler, and we keep winning best most efficient plants year after year.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:46:16 PM EDT
YOU DESTROYED AN ENFIELD... YOU BASTARD. About the .50 cal thing though. Its not getting any momentum here in NY. The state would probably go bankrupt trying to enforce it. lol.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:52:28 PM EDT
What do you expect from a country that gave us Bryan Adams? Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:04:12 PM EDT
What's with you and the "Bryan Adams" thing? We have provided our American neighbors with more then our share of entertainment over the years. And it sure wasn’t Canadians that made Bryan Adams Rich. Even Mary Pickford "America's Sweetheart" was from Toronto.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:09:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2003 9:11:46 PM EDT by Dave_A]
Originally Posted By cynic: Tactical. Very tactical. [rolleyes] I can't wait until Canada starts building cars. (Please don't tell me they do already.) cynic
View Quote
Yes, they do... The final generation of the F-body (Camaro/Firebird) series was made in St Therese... 93-02... As for the SMLE, that's to them what Mausers, 1903's & Garands are here: surplus project fodder...
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:11:58 PM EDT
Maybe we should direct these guys to http://www.wolverinesupplies.com or http://www.marstar.ca (note the Norinco M-14 prices) if they want to discuss envy. HAR HAR HAR!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:18:09 PM EDT
Quote: Yes, they do...[build cars in Canada] In the words of the infamous Bubbles Brown.... "Well, f..k me with a sharp stick." cynic
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:37:11 PM EDT
Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:38:46 PM EDT
that's fugly, eh
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:46:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gryphon223: Maybe we should direct these guys to http://www.wolverinesupplies.com or http://www.marstar.ca (note the Norinco M-14 prices) if they want to discuss envy. HAR HAR HAR!
View Quote
I just want one of those fugly Norinco ar15's. for sheer WTF? value to bad the chances of them being imported are slim and null.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:55:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sgtar15: What do you expect from a country that gave us Bryan Adams?
View Quote
Yes, but they also gave us Rush – [i]...a planet of playthings, We dance on the strings Of powers we cannot perceive. "The stars aren't aligned Or the gods are malign" Blame is better to give than receive. You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice. If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill I will choose a path that's clear I will choose free will.[/i]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:05:46 AM EDT
I can see where this my seem like a stupid idea to you guys in the US. But some points to remember about Canada. - Most of the cool guns are restricted here in Canada. So this means you can only fire rifles like AR’s, FAL,G3, Cetme, and AK’s on licensed ranges. - All semi auto rifles other then the M1 Garand are limited to 5rd. Mags (and you think you got f**ked on the mag ban) - SMLE’s are about the fastest bolt action rifle. - Bubba’ed SMLE’s sale for about $25-75 Can about $19-56 US
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:39:54 PM EDT
Hey all, I'm actually the person doing this conversion. Why am I doing this? Firstoff, it's not AR envy. I own two. Have three uppers, and have fired C-7's enough to wear out a barrel on my competition rifle once already. This is one of my 5 or 6 Enfields that I have which I'm mucking about with. I want a handy bolt-gun to go hunting with. I want something small and handy. Something with a fast followup shot, and that looks fun! An Enfield, re-barreled into .223, feeding from a box magazine with a 16" barrel and a collapsible stock sounds like just the ticket to me. Small, handy, and based on the fastest bolt-action the world's seen. Additionally, the fact that the local military range that I use no longer allows .303 to be fired has a factor as well. This is so far, just the first test fit of what I'm doing. I put the adapter piece together in about 2 hours, fiddling and fitting and such. The final piece will be parkerized or anodized steel/alum, and should be rather durable. Oh, and ZRH, no, I'm not a bastard who's destroyed an Enfield. I pulled the buttstock off and put this piece on. No harm has come to the rifle. I take good care of my Enfields, including my Envoy, my father's No 1 Mk III, my No 4's, and sadly, I was foolish and sold my #5 a while back. I just happen to have more Enfields on hand than I really know what to do with! What you've seen here is the simple part. I still have to get the magazine system working, and, more importantly, the ejection system. I'm considering stealing from the Delisle, and using it's system (proven to work with rebated rim cartridge) or I may try a replacement bolt-head instead, with a plunger style ejector ala AR-15. This is day two of the project....bear with me. I'll probably be at it all summer. Brad (oh, and I know about Wolverine and Marstar. John and John are most helpful individuals. I bought my AR lower from Wolverine, along with enough bits to build a couple of rifles, and I'm waiting for a pistol from Marstar. If there's a dealer in Canada, I've probably dealt with, or at least talked to them.)
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:33:58 PM EDT
Coffee, Its a little pricier, but it's stronger and looks better. Get a Galil folding buttstock or a FAL. Much better. Might also consider one of Choate's folding stock/pistol grip combos for a shotgut. You may be able to modify the attachment to fit the Lee-Enfield socket.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:51:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 3:11:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Dorsai: Coffee, Its a little pricier, but it's stronger and looks better. Get a Galil folding buttstock or a FAL. Much better. Might also consider one of Choate's folding stock/pistol grip combos for a shotgut. You may be able to modify the attachment to fit the Lee-Enfield socket.
View Quote
I've considered getting a side folder, but figure that this is....unique....enough that I want to try something different. I've also heard bad things about the comfort level of using the side folders. Coffee
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 3:25:31 PM EDT
Canadians...I think too many French peed in their gene pool.[;>]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 3:33:13 PM EDT
Canada: Americas's largest National Park.
Top Top