Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2002 3:35:23 PM EDT
[url]www.ctraces.com/vhosts/FOL/index.php[/url]

Only a rumor from unnamed sources at this point, but with persistent health problems nagging him (or possibly even killing him), and his cherished CFR now the law of the land, it seems that McCain may be stepping aside.
Question is though, is it for good, or is he clearing his plate for another shot at the presidency???

Bully for the people of Arizona!!!  Time to elect a conservative Republican in his place!

Hey John old boy... Thanks for your military service to this country, but FU for all the anti 1st. & 2nd. Amendment crap that you have been pushing as of late.

Don't let the door smack your ass on the way out of the Senate.   Good riddance, if true!

Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
He has no chance of being re-elected here.

When he "re-invented" himself in order to run for the presidency, and adopted things like gun-control to court voters on the coasts, he destroyed any chance he had of being re-elected here. And he knew it, it was a calculated risk.

His melanoma may or may not be killing him. If not, then he probably will run for the White House again, though he has burned too many bridges with the current Republican leadership to run as a Republican. Perhaps as a Independant with Joe Lieberman? They have become really good friends in the last two years.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya vote in another Dennis Deconcini!
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ya vote in another Dennis Deconcini!
View Quote

You farging icehole!!!

Dasum of a bastidge - heeza farging corksucker!!

Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish others wouldn't like Kennedy, Feinstein, Daschle, Connyers, Gephardt, Clinton, Frank, Shuman, etc.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
He's allying himself with Hillary, Maybe he'll change parties and run as her VP...   What a wonderful pair of losers...
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You farging icehole!!!

View Quote

"What a mouth on that guy!"
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you believe he would actually just sit around and do nothing ? Say hello to Hillary's new man .
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Was it not this bloke who's sidewinder on a Skyhawk ( I think it was a Skyhawk??) 'started things up' on the USS Forrestal? If I remember correctly 134 men died during that incident.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Was it not this bloke who's sidewinder on a Skyhawk ( I think it was a Skyhawk??) 'started things up' on the USS Forrestal? If I remember correctly 134 men died during that incident.
View Quote

Yes, it was a Zuni rocket malfunction on his Skyhawk that started that awful conflagration.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I yeild to noone in my disgust towards McCain, but he was on the A-4 that got hit on the flight deck.

The Zuni was launched by an F-4B.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You farging icehole!!!

View Quote

"What a mouth on that guy!"
View Quote

Thisa is FARGIN WAR!
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#13]
[size=6]Hallelujah![/size=6]

Eric The(IfIt'sTrue)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#14]
He'll run for president again.  He's been trying to position himself as a moderate Republican to appeal to more voters.  You'll see him back in the Republican primary.  If he loses that again, then expect to see him leave the GOP (in other words, become more honest).  The whole purpose of the Campaign Finance Reform was to get at Bush.  He's taken his defeat way too personally.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#15]
THE GUYS AN ASSHOLE TRAITOR. WE WONT VOTE FOR HIS ASS IF HE RUNS AGAIN !
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
THE GUYS AN ASSHOLE TRAITOR. WE WONT VOTE FOR HIS ASS IF HE RUNS AGAIN !
View Quote

If he is the only republican presidential candidate, you will.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I yeild to noone in my disgust towards McCain, but he was on the A-4 that got hit on the flight deck.

The Zuni was launched by an F-4B.
View Quote

Let's keep in mind it was a [b]MALFUNCTION[/b] that caused the Forrestal tragedy. Blame him for his treachery now, but not an accident....

Scott

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#18]
He will run for president instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top