Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2001 4:01:35 PM EDT
Please sign petition. Even if you're not from CA.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[url]www.keepandbeararms.com/Petition/[/url]

Gun Rights: Time for Federal Action, Not Just Words

Join this Demand for Enforcement of the Second Amendment

IMPORTANT NOTE: This article concerns the "Petition for Enforcement of the Second Amendment to the Constitution". If the project outlined below is successful it will restore the free exercise of Second Amendment rights in ALL states. Do not be misled by the Petition's references to California - the infringements in California are being focused on because of this state's particular legal situation, as outlined in the Petition itself. Again, the Petition has the potential to affect ALL Americans by setting a precedent and/or initiating a U.S. Supreme Court case. Your immediate attention and support are therefore crucial.

On many occasions the U.S. Justice Department has sent teams of lawyers to force states, municipalities, agencies, and officials to obey civil rights statutes, resulting in laws being overturned and in legal actions against individuals.

Now that we have an Attorney General who has stated unequivocally that Americans have an individual right to own and use firearms, we intend to see his office used to enforce that right.

We have charged the state of California with violating our Second Amendment rights, and are formally requesting that Attorney General John Ashcroft put a stop to it, now. Our list of violations, in petition form, is intended to force a ruling on all aspects of the Second Amendment.

We ask YOU to print out this petition, have it signed by as many people as possible, and mail the original signature sheet(s) to us at the address below. Contact national, local and state gun organizations, whether or not you belong to them, as well as gun shops, gun shows, firing ranges, etc., and ask them to endorse this effort and alert their members/customers to it. By doing so, YOU can help ensure that Mr. Ashcroft hears more voices than he can ignore.

California is the state we chose because it is the largest in population, has tremendous political influence, and has many gun “laws” that are blatantly unconstitutional. However, if we are successful, the precedent set in this action would affect all states. Of course, there's nothing to stop you from using our petition as a template to demand action in your state as well.

Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
[i]Part 2[/i]

For the first time in decades we have an Attorney General who understands that the Second Amendment recognizes an individual right. But if George Bush does not win the next election Mr. Ashcroft will be gone. Timing is critical and the gravity of our situation is real. We have a narrow window of opportunity to act, and we must do it now.

Now is the time to put and end to anti-gun, anti-self defense “laws”. Now is the time to force municipalities and states to restore the free exercise of our rights instead of using our tax money to attack those rights or to file frivolous anti-gun lawsuits.

Now is not the time to feel safe or to relax our efforts.  This is especially true in this time of national distress, when the tendency of government – and  many citizens – is to restrict rather than promote individual rights.

It is time to establish once and for all that we have a right to own and use guns, that we can't be required to be licensed or registered, and don't need some bureaucrat's permission to own them.

Funding long-term Second Amendment lawsuits will be extremely expensive. We intend to circumvent that difficulty by placing the burden of upholding our Bill of Rights where it belongs – on the federal government, with its virtually unlimited resources.

If you're tired of being on the defensive then help us do something about it. Let's strike back hard against those who are violating our rights and heritage. It is our responsibility to pass on to our children the same freedoms that we inherited.

We do not know what result this petition to Mr. Ashcroft will produce, but we do know that if we do nothing, we will achieve nothing. We need your immediate support. Please print out the petition, get it signed, and mail the original signature sheet(s) to us as soon as possible.

Please join us.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Outstanding where do I send my check to help support this?
View Quote

No money for now, just signatures
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#5]
What's BTT mean again?
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#6]
One more go round
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
count me in,i'm still behind enemy lines.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Me too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for bringing this to our attention Lordtrader.

Alex
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#10]
To those that frequent a gun range or gun shop, you guys might want to print this out for them and ask them to dispay it so people can sign. Maybe pick it up the next time you go and mail it in. Every lil bit counts.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#11]
You mean [i]another[/i] goodbye post? Didn;t you do that once already when you left the rest of us here in Kali for that wonderful job in Texas - that you no longer have [:D]

But just to prevent another one, I have downloaded the petition and will print it out and distribute copies. But only because you asked so nicely LT.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Got it!
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You mean [i]another[/i] goodbye post? Didn;t you do that once already when you left the rest of us here in Kali for that wonderful job in Texas - that you no longer have [:D]

View Quote

Oh just rub in it why dontcha. Now hurry up and make this thing happen so I can come home. Being exiled sucks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:47:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Outstanding where do I send my check to help support this?
View Quote

No money for now, just signatures
View Quote

[b]Are you asking for donations?[/b]

Not for this effort -- but donations to Citizens of America and KeepandBearArms.com are always welcome. We urge you
                      to spend time on those sites and, if you like what you see, help keep them going.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:51:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Already signed mine, had my friends sign it, and it's in the mail back to KABA
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Got it!! Will be distributing in your old stomping grounds, LT. Specifically Captain Creams and other exotic gun shops. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Isn't there any way we can cut CA off and push it into the ocean.  The people in Nevada would love us cause they would have beach-front property. [}:D]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:59:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got it!! Will be distributing in your old stomping grounds, LT. Specifically Captain Creams and other exotic gun shops. [:D]
View Quote

Hey don't laugh. I knew a few girls from there that packed heat. Albeit illegally(they kinda had to being in that biz), but they do like to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Isn't there any way we can cut CA off and push it into the ocean.  The people in Nevada would love us cause they would have beach-front property. [}:D]
View Quote

I thought thats what the San Andreas(sp?) fault was for... [;D]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey don't laugh. I knew a few girls from there that packed heat. Albeit illegally(they kinda had to being in that biz), but they do like to shoot.
View Quote

I don't go there as much anymore. My favorite girl, Megan, got herself a sugardaddy. Now, I only see her occasionally when she rolls up in a limo with her new entourage. Bummer, I miss her lap dances.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#21]
One more go around BTT
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Downloaded and signing... juz you wait , Governor Davis. <---He might be paying a visit to my university next semester!!! Can't wait to give him a peice of my mind!! [stick]

(WTF... spellchecker aint workin')
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Ask him why with all the gun laws, shooting crimes are still up in CA
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#24]
[^]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:12:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Printing now.........
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#26]
BTT Whatever that means?
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
BTT Whatever that means?
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#28]
I printed out the petition and I'll be heading to the pistol club tonight to get signatures. Then it's going around town with me tomorrow. I also sent the site address to my brother and best friend in Texas. My brother said he'd do what he could, haven't heard from my friend yet.
GET OUT THERE AND DO IT! GET THEM SIGNATURES!
And THANKS for all those that do!
WSmac
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#29]
printing now and sending to brother
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Printing many copies at company expense...  :)

-Troy
View Quote

Would be even greater if the company you work for is anti gun HAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#33]
^^^
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm on it...
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 5:04:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm on it...
View Quote

Thank you. Maybe if this works in CA, we start in on NJ laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top