Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2002 6:24:12 AM EDT
[url]http://www.ourpatriots.com/082602press.htm[/url]

the_reject
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
They showed that entire series on vietnam, but they can't run this one progrem... because General Schwarzkopf is a right-winger? Heck, he always seemed very moderate to me. I guess that tells you what their politics are.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:19:30 AM EDT
[#2]
General Schwarzkopf is too right-of-center politically?  They don't seem to have a problem with Hitler and Mussolini, though, do they?  Typical media pricks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#3]
There are some good shows like "Modern Marvels" the other night which was on Magnum firearms and so crummy shows like Time Machine(I believe that's the name) hosted by Peter-less Jennings.

IMHO, the History Channel needs to some new Military shows or update the old one.  Seems like they have run out of material.  Tales of the Gun can always explore new areas.  What happened to "Brute Force"?  

Also there appears to be re-packaging the same material into different shows.

The "Basic Training" *Reality* show is a total joke.  Reminds me of summer camp!  Mail Call is worth watching and the Color of War is good.

Hope the action picks up!

Spambo
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 8:38:51 AM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.realscreensummit.com/2002/speakers/lindahl.html[/url]

Here's a write up on this shithead, carl lindahl.

[b]"Since 1995, Mr. Lindahl has been Vice President, Program Production at Turner Network Television (TNT) and Turner Classic Movies (TCM) where he was responsible for the development and production of non-fiction programming and promotion."[/b]

Hmmmm, turner broadcasting eh ?? nuff said.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Ah hell, the History Channel is often way too PC.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Gentlemen;

The broadcast networks make it very easy to register your opinions, because viewership is the very life blood of their existance.
Don't just complain, [b]make a difference![/b]
Here is The History Channel feedback URL:
[url]http://www.thehistorychannel.com/feed_back/index.html[/url]

Using cut-n-paste makes letter writing a snap. Here is what I sent.

The History Channel is indisputably the leading television outlet dedicated to historical television viewing.

What is surprising is what was revealed in an incident that occurred last year between a top Hollywood agent and one of the principal program buyers for The History Channel.

The History Channel had the chance to purchase and broadcast the documentary film "Men Versus Myth." Men Versus Myth is a documentary dispelling the major myths about the American soldiers who fought in Vietnam. With an introduction by General Schwarzkopf, this four-part series is fact-based, well researched, and incorporates startling new revelations about the era.

The History Channels’ head of outside acquisition, Mr. Carl Lindahl rejected the project saying, “we’re not going to air anything with that right-wing General Schwarzkopf.”

As an avid viewer of your channel, I am shocked to read that The History Channel would treat General L. Norman Schwarzkopf with such disrepect, and vastly dismayed that the usually unbiased History Channel would succumb to Mr. Carl Lindahl's political correctness.

Thank you
View Quote

Total time of feedback & letterwriting ~10 minutes.
Spend 10 minutes to help defeat Liberal PC on the TV!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Fired off an email to them. Thanks,
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto. I told them to fire that liberal ass before he ruins an otherwise fine channel...
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I asked them to send him back to Ted Turner before they ruined the programming.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I'll look at History channel stuff with a different eye in the future.

Anybody know if this series was pitched to anyone else?
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto. I told them to fire that liberal ass before he ruins an otherwise fine channel...
View Quote
Me too.

I would also add that Stormin' Norman gets my vote for NRA president when Heston steps down.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Gentlemen;

The broadcast networks make it very easy to register your opinions, because viewership is the very life blood of their existance.
Don't just complain, [b]make a difference![/b]
Here is The History Channel feedback URL:
[url]http://www.thehistorychannel.com/feed_back/index.html[/url]
View Quote

Excellent idea!  Perhaps it's time to mobilize the AR15.com army?

the_reject
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top