Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/16/2002 9:25:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/16/2002 9:27:28 AM EDT by antiUSSA]
We have been working closely with Shotgun News for quite some time now, since they have generously donated a 1/2 page add for the BRC... ([i]they are sponsors[/i]) The following is a copy of the add I was sent this morning as a proof, that will be appearing in the [u]May 10th[/u] issue. I most certainly hope that you guys will thank SGN for their support, by making this the number 1 selling issue of all time, since it should be considered by all of us as a "Collectors Issue"! [img]http://www.ar15-convention.com/pix/sgn-add.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 9:29:31 AM EDT
Looks sweet [<]:)]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 9:32:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 9:41:39 AM EDT
Whats with the post bans antiUSSA ? [:)]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 9:44:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/16/2002 9:46:19 AM EDT by 7]
Time to stir up some controversy. [;)] Why the postban rifle? Why not something saying recreational fire. Why are you and your wife last on the sponsors list. What order was implemented adding in the sponsors. Shouldn't you be more up towards the front. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 9:50:26 AM EDT
They are not only DONATING this add, but they designed it as well, since I simply didn't have the time!
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 9:59:34 AM EDT
heheh. Honestly it looks damn good. I was wondering when it would come out and I have been looking at each edition a few times to find the ad.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:04:23 AM EDT
So the event is no longer an AR15.COM get-together where we can put screen names to faces and get to know our fellow enthusiasts? It's now a nationally publicized public event where people who don't support this site and had nothing to do with bringing this about have the chance to shoot guns and win door prizes. I don't believe this is a good thing. Will you be allowing registration at the door? Or requiring some form of pre-registration? Do "Team" member get any priority at the campgrounds? Do longtime board members and contributors merit any different treatment than some guy off the street? I'm glad to see you get some publicity for the event, but this makes it a very different kind of thing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:17:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By FrankSquid: It doesn't say anything aboout the 50BMG givaway. As well as all the other prizes. Why not? That will draw a lot of people too. I am partial to this "AD"....... [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/FrankSquid%2F111%2Egif[/img]
View Quote
Yo!, Frank...How's about smoothing that image out with PhotoShop or whatever? I'm getting convulsive looking at it. [:D] Or is it an artistic statement? [%|]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:35:14 AM EDT
So the event is no longer an AR15.COM get-together where we can put screen names to faces and get to know our fellow enthusiasts? [red]It most certainly is, but with the level of sponsorship and expenses we have, we [u]must[/u] attract a large number of attendees...[/red] It's now a nationally publicized public event where people who don't support this site and had nothing to do with bringing this about have the chance to shoot guns and win door prizes. [red]It's [u]always[/u] been an internationally publicized event, via the internet and distribution of flyers...[/red] I don't believe this is a good thing. [red]We do believe this is a good thing, since we need more members to help continue to fund AR15.COM... Think about strength in numbers![/red] Will you be allowing registration at the door? Or requiring some form of pre-registration? [red]Both, and all of this information has been available since the 1st of the year.[/red] Do "Team" member get any priority at the campgrounds? Do longtime board members and contributors merit any different treatment than some guy off the street? [red] Frankly, it's first come ~ first served... The difference is that "Team Members" get 3 door prize tickets, and regular members get 2 tickets for advanced registration.[/red] I'm glad to see you get some publicity for the event, but this makes it a very different kind of thing. [red]I would hate for anyone to feel that we're a "closed society", wouldn't you..?[/red]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 11:10:05 AM EDT
Nice ad. Regarding DavidC, and his comments: I probably have the wrong attitude toward this event, but here goes. I saw this as a gathering of brothers...AR15.com brothers. While it has always been open to any and all comers, the SGN advertisement brings it to another level. This reminds me of the time I invited a friend to take a weekend fishing trip. The closer we got to the trip, the more people I had approaching me about how my "buddy" asked them along too. What started off as a quiet stress relief turned into an annoying mob scene. I dunno. Maybe I need a re-education. [V]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 11:24:33 AM EDT
While I certainly hate to bring this up, I'm going to anyway... [b]1)[/b] We have roughly 20k members, and of those, less than 300 are supporting "Team Members"... [b]2)[/b] Hundreds of members regularily ask for special group purchases, yet last year we only sold 325 LEGP's, and this year we are currently sitting at less than 70... Of the ton's of requests for an LEGP 1911, 34 were sold! [b]3)[/b] As with "most" things, we have received stronger support from non-members or lurkers, than from the actual members themselves. A large number of non-member participants will not only become active here, but will become "Team Members" as well. This helps to defray costs for the servers and bandwith... We have a new "Team Member" here, named Bulldozer, that we met during the annual meeting at PASA Park. He had never been aware of AR15.COM, but immediately joined up as a "Team Member" the day he first registered, has purchased a 2002 LEGP, has donated a week of his vacation to assist with setting up the grounds for the BRC, and is active here... Is this a bad thing..? Of every BRC registration received, $5.00 goes directly to AR15.COM, as a fund raising effort for the Avila family to be able to help ease the pain and financial burden of this site.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 11:52:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:02:09 PM EDT
Frankly, I feel that the upper left corner of the add says all that really needs to be said... BTW: This is a $760 add ([i]complimentary[/i]), which will be run at least once, and possibly multiple times... It's all up to the kind folks at SGN!
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:48:11 PM EDT
This is an awesome ad. I plan on buying several copies when it comes out. The more the merrier when it comes to gatherings of this sort. Get the word out, boost TEAM memberships, keep the site up for future member prospects. And lets not forget, have fun at BRC!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 3:51:50 PM EDT
At least somebody understands... Thanks Willy!
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 4:14:52 PM EDT
Speaking of the 2002 LEGP, I assume you'll have one there for us to see and hold?
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 4:22:56 PM EDT
By those sales of 1911's I can finally prove 1/100 people on this board arent all talk no substance.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 4:38:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Scarecrow: By those sales of 1911's I can finally prove 1/100 people on this board arent all talk no substance.
View Quote
The only way to sell things like that is to have a NON-refundable deposit placed in advance. This will separate the buyers from the nonbuyers.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 4:49:00 PM EDT
... This is a FINE ad, the whole project is something to be proud of. ... No excuses or apologies needed. ... Someone better buy Tim & family a few shots off the top shelf while there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 4:57:22 PM EDT
VERY sweet news and VERY cool of Shotgun News! [beer] Tyler
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 5:14:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:51:33 PM EDT
any one notice that the flashhider,mag, bayo lug AND the stepdown on the barrel are gone?? now it kinda looks like a postban with a preban stock....< hm is it now a 16" instead of the 14.5" that I always thaught it was?> OK now that the armchair publisher has had he's say < me >. I will say that is a great looking ad.. I will buy a couple of issues... feels good to be part of something in SGN. And since it was donated by SGN, I guess its time for that subsriction.. hey its cheaper anyway and I dont have to go to wallyworld anymore now....
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:08:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:09:25 AM EDT
Top Top