Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/1/2002 4:53:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/1/2002 4:57:05 PM EDT by Venerated]
I've been thinking about joining but the nearest registered club is two hours from where I live. Anyone have any experience with them? Is it worthwhile for an experienced shooter to join? Anyone buy any firearms through them? Edited to add link for others interested: [url]http://www.odcmp.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:30:40 PM EDT
I bought an M1 and a 1903A3 from them. Both rifles are nice and the price was right. I joined the Texas State Rifle Association by mail so distance was not a problem. If you are a vet your DD214 will suffice for the shooting requirement. John
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:26:14 PM EDT
Do It!!! You'll get hooked. look forward to seeing you at Perry!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:36:52 PM EDT
I'd say do it! But are you up to driving that trip once or twice a month? It is a lot of fun (and can get expensive) and offers me a lot of satisfaction personally-I am lucky my club is about 35 mins. away...
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:39:00 PM EDT
I'm waiting until April for our High Power practice to start up again. I can buy an Armalite match rifle through them with $680 knocked off the retail price. Fun, but I suck right now. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:46:29 PM EDT
Anyone ever loose the DD-214 and have to use another form of military proof?...I was going to call them up to see if I could just show copy's of awards or something...otherwise gotta wait for a new copy of my DD-214 and at gov't time that could take forever...
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:56:33 PM EDT
I've bought Garands, '03's, and .22's from them. Nine rifles total, plus lots of ammo. I've never been disappointed. I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat. Sign up for their newsletter over the net, they'll tell you the latest in stock/out of stock info.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:59:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mushoot: I bought an M1 and a 1903A3 from them. Both rifles are nice and the price was right. I joined the Texas State Rifle Association by mail so distance was not a problem. If you are a vet your DD214 will suffice for the shooting requirement. John
View Quote
I am a vet. So I can just show them my form and pay a fee? Hmmm, well I'll have to look into it some. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:24:19 PM EDT
As far as losing your DD214.I think your hometown courthouse should have a copy of it when you got out of the service. But you also have to join an affiliated club also. Garand association is one that they reconise.I have 9 rifles I have gotten through them and lots of spare parts and ammo.But I will say this.You are buying military surplus rifles.Most don't look new.Because they are not.I have 5 Garands and 3 look used and 2 look almost new.But all are 50 - 60 years old .But I will say all function great.If something is wrong they will make it good. I purchased them for the History.I do shoot they regularly .Im just saying that because some people get them and say that they thought it would look new or better shape.Normally you might get dinged up wood .But function great. Just watch Band of Brothers , and youll crave one of them old work horses. Best of luck to ya War Dawg
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:53:05 PM EDT
The CMP garands are well worth the money. If there are any Nebraska shooters out there, Weeping Water Gun Club is having a John C Garand match on 7 December. If you dont have an M1, dont worry, we can provide a club gun to use. Ammo will be for sale at the match, for around $10. E-mail me if interested.
Top Top