Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2003 12:29:36 PM EDT
I've been looking for an ACOG scope for a while.  Today, we went to the George Brown Show in Houston and I found what I've been looking for.

I mounted it on my Colt Match Target Competition HBAR II.  It is an ACOG 3.5 X 35, TA 11 scope.

Tman made the big deal for me.  It lists for about $1,295, and sells at gun shows for around $965.  We found a near new (but perfect) one for $700 OTD.

Here's what the donut reticle looks like:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12116[/img]

Here's my rifle with the scope.  I'll report on how it shoots later.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12115[/img]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Very Nice. I hope it works well for you.

MM419
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
You lucky dog!!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, all.  I plan on shooting it tomorrow after church.  I'll report results.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:56:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
ACOG's suck, tell ya what I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands for $200.  You can put the money towards a Leapers or something of better quality.  [;)]
View Quote

Duke, it kind of brings a tear to my eye knowing I have friends like you.  I just wouldn't feel right taking advantage of you like that.  But thanks anyway.  I hope I can someday repay you.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I went to a gunshow yesterday near Seattle.  I found a very good used 4x32 Trijicon for $300.  I scarfed that up so fast my hands looked like a blur going for my wallet.  It is in great shape.  I don't know the model number.   It is compact and has the crosshair and bullet drop compensator in it.  Very bright glass and has a good finish.  Still has the glow on the crosshairs in the dark.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay, boys.  Took it to the range today to sight it in.  Put up a target at 50 yards and fired 3 shots.  Walked down there to look at it and told my buddy, "Something's wrong.  There's only one hole and I know I didn't miss the whole target with the other two shots."

Went back and shot three more and these went into about an inch.  The first three shots went in the same hole!

A fluke, no doubt.  But it was a neat trick.  

Got it sighted in and tried it at 100 yards.  It shot into about 1 1/2 inches with a flier to 2 inches.  It's not a target scope, but a combat scope.  If I want to shoot small groups, I'll use my DPMS Sweet Sixteen with the 6.5 X 20 Leupold.

But for combat, this is one fine scope.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top