Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/11/2001 5:51:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/11/2001 5:53:31 PM EDT by GoatBoy]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 6:33:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:41:24 PM EDT
ar15.com is makin friends in high places. cav arms, RRA, CRKT, TROMIX, whos next?
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:06:08 PM EDT
Just ordered mine.[:D][:D][:D] Anybody else[?][?][?] ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:07:40 PM EDT
I ordered mine a few hours ago when they were $60... guess I gotta cough up 10 bucks, huh? [;)]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:11:52 PM EDT
Tac Folder? Hell I always just called them pocket knives..[:D]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:23:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:45:07 PM EDT
OOOH! I like it! I like it lots!! Dammit, I guess this means I'm finally being sucked into the world of the gun lovers and well-armed for good. Life just isn't the same. Is there such a thing as guns-aholics anonymous?? I think I'm going to need therapy!! Wait a minute!! The true epihany strikes! Men love guns, men love women, therefore a woman who loves guns.....of all kinds.... Well, I think I'll let ya'll fill that one in. [50] [sex]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:07:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ColtShorty: Just ordered mine.[:D][:D][:D] Anybody else[?][?][?]
View Quote
Me too! Ordered two in [green]OD GREEN[/green]! A good knife for a great cause. I can't wait until my son Sean, 6, is old enough for me to give him the second one. It's going into a safe deposit box for him until he has earned the trust required of such a gift. Should I get one for Sarah, 9? Am I being sexist only getting the boy one? I was going to give her some airline stock and some real diamond studs tomorrow for her birthday. A knife for a girl doesn't seem right, somehow. Guess I'm old-fashioned - someone set me straight.... [?]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:46:49 PM EDT
I would'nt say you were sexist, I guess it's different when you have a boy & a girl. I only have my daughter, who is 8, & she already has her own little knife collection. There's nothing like sitting in the backyard with her & just whittling away part of the day. [:)][:)][:)] ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:05:43 PM EDT
I see. I think I will get Sarah something more suited to a girl, smaller, more stylish and ornamental. This is a fighting knife, not a whittler or a hunting knife, I think. I've never tried a Tanto-style for skinning/field-dressing and don't know how they compare to a drop point, the best style for hunting work IMO. Sarah, 9, has been going hunting with me and will have her own .243 next year, so I guess she needs a knife, even though I will always do the messy bit for her and don't really want my lil' gal's hands bloody, ya know? I'll get her something small and flashy. Or a Swiss-Army with make-up tools. [:D]
Top Top