Posted: 9/12/2002 8:53:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Hang in there Wave...

It seems all I can muster anymore is a being quietly furious

Aviator  
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Damnit! Here I am tearing up again. I'm tired of it! I want to fvck something up!

Wave, I would have reacted the same way. At least you allowed him to share his love for his girl. Can't type more....
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Damnit! Here I am tearing up again. I'm tired of it! I want to fvck something up!
View Quote

A quiet, rage-filled "ditto"...
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#5]
emotional :-(
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Ray, and hang in there bro. [USA]

Eric
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://www.bu.edu/remember/graphics/victims/frost.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.bu.edu/bridge/archive/2001/09-21/photos/frost.jpg[/img]

[url]http://www.bu.edu/phpbin/remember/results.php?name=Lisa+Frost[/url]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:21:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#10]
She was a year younger than me?  I just hope I don't find out who I saw that day.  It'd kill me.  

Its horrible that such a promising life was extinguished. [:(]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#11]

A quiet, rage-filled "ditto"...

View Quote

I hear ya man. We were left here to be strong and continue the fight.
Don't let the motherfvckers get you down!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Wave hang in there. I was lucky enough to be RDO yesterday. Watching the memorial services and attending a few vigils, brought back not only that horrifc day but the months following 911 the long hours the crap posts the digging at Ground Zero...... But I think the feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop is what had us all tense. After yesterday I still feel like I wont feel right until they do something else here. It may sound strange but Im ready now,Im prepared. Lastyear I was sitting in my living room getting ready before going in for a tour.
I have spoke to others in our position and they all share the same feeling.
Wave if you ever want to talk E mail me. You know what the Dept offers (Im leery myself but I heard the COPE program is good) dont let it get too bad you know what I mean. We have been to enough funerals in the last year and we will be attending more because of the wounds that occured on 911 that we cant see. Hang in there brother. BE SAFE!
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for being there and sharing with us
Feelins suck sometimes.

[usa]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Just when I think that I can't cry any more about this whole thing...
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#16]
That really sucks.

Hang in there Brother...you and your NYPD and FDNY brothers are doing a great job.

If its any consolation, our armed forces are taking our just revenge.  We will win and those rat bastards are going to be exterminated.

Stay strong, stay alert and watch your six.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Ray,
You me and Marc should get together sometime soon and hash this stuff out.  I didn't realize what talking to fellow "survivors" could do for me until last night talking to the other photographers.

Lets plan something soon.
Greg
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#20]
You make us proud Ray.
Hang in there.

ARH
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Yesterday, coming to work, I end up driving through one of the main entrances to two of the buildings at Dell's main campus.  On the right are the flags of each of the armed services, and on the left a white flag with the Dell logo, the Texas State Flag, and the US flag.  There were people out there, and some of the execs were going one by one.  All the flags were raised to full mast, then one by one, starting with the Services flags, they were lowered to half mast, one by one, ending with the US flag.  

Last night, I flipped channels and watched a few of the stories... watched the film and saw the pictures of the towers... when they were hit... and when they fell.  Being so far away, and never having ever been to NYC, it still felt surreal, but I knew it was all real.  Everything I was seeing really HAPPENED.  

All I can say is, a lot of tears were shed last night, and a year before.  

Wave, all my prayers and thanks are with you and your bretheren in the FDNY.  I saw the videos and pictures of them running into the face of danger, with complete disregard for their own lives, to attempt to save the lives of others.  'Heroes' is the only word to describe them.  'Americans' is another word that fits them and our other countrymen that were there.  

I felt that quiet, rage-filled sorrow, and I feel it still....

M@
Austin, TX
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Hi Ray

Thank you for the patch you sent me.  You make us proud!  I am a Search and Rescue worker from the West Coast...we wanted to come and help but did not get authorization.  I spoke with you when you had that cell phone.

There is no way I can even imagine what it must have been like there.  Just reading your post made my eyes moist.

Hang in there!  You guys all made a difference and showed the world the strength and resolve of our great Nation!  I salute all of you.

Mark
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#24]
[img]http://rbad.ar15.com/cry.gif[/img]

Just when I thought I was done shedding tears....  I happened upon this post.

Hang in there Ray!
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Wave, you are not the only one......We too have tears.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#28]
BUMP--->  

I'll bet that the father was happy to meet with you and share his story.  It was probably very cathartic for him.

Stay Strong and --->  NEVER FORGIVE!
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Excellent post, I feel you Ray. It is hard to deal with this subject and not shed a tear, especially what happened to you this morning. I only read it and shed tears, it must have been nearly impossible to stand there in person. Hats off to you sir.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I stand there, tears starting to flow.
View Quote

Says it all, right there.... The more individual stories I'm exposed to, the more I  understand the # of people impacted by this. Lots of small stories, lots of individual acts of humanity and heroism that those of us who weren't there to see won't ever really understand. I know that, yesterday, there were MANY people in NY who probably had a similar experience/trigger. Take care Wave, and let 'em flow....
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Wave, my daughter is one year younger than Lisa.  I can tell you that had it been MY daughter, your actions would have pleased me.

Just keep doing the good job; we appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Ray, guys like you, Marc, Ronin45, balzac and the others gave me renewed faith in America a year ago, and still do now. Hang in there brother!
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Sometimes I know I shouldn't read these threads but do it anyway....

I often want to cry when I think about it nad I also sometimes just want to destroy the POS who do these thing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Ray,

I can't imagine how tough it must have been to be NYPD over the last few days.  You all, along with FDNY, have been through more than anyone should ever have to experience.  I'm grateful that you can come here and share what's happening, because in addition to (hopefully) making you feel better, it helps all of us better understand the continuing impact of 9/11.

Take care, brother.  You've got 24,000+ friends behind you.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Yesterday, I led my normal life, did the things I normally do. When I got home, I went to a very private place and shed more tears than I have shed in a long time.

I think I'll go to that private place again. :(

Thanks Wave. That's the most touching thing I've ever read here. Seriously.

Stay strong and God bless.

-T.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for bumpin' the thread, Wave.

I am glad I did not miss it.

I too have found myself more emotional during this anniversary.  Heh, even my wife mentioned it earlier tonight that she has noticed it.

Last year I was shocked and angry.  I am not shocked anymore but still have the anger whenever I start thinking of the senseless waste.

I think the amount of anger I had kept the grief at bay when it all first happened.

A year later my anger has receded enough to allow me to grieve.  I guess that is what it is.

I never have been a emotional person and definately not a fan of drama.  But I find myself at awe at the bravery and courage many people displayed on that day.  Many gave everything willingly that day.  I am proud to call myself an American.

God bless all those sacraficed their all for others and God bless those who had no choice at all.

And God bless you all.

Sincerely, Tim

"Our enemies do not have to like us, but they must fear us."

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll never forget it.  Especially the reactions from the kids on the bus I drive.....

I saw the CBS tape last night. It brought back the feelings....

"Never forget 9/11"    [USA]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top