Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 9:56:40 PM EDT
i know the black tip 30-06 and green tip 223 is Kali Legal, but what about 50bmg?
its mere possession and useage?

how do you tell if 50bmg is AP or APIT or tracer?

thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#1]
When in doubt in CA the answer's HELL NO!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
only tracers allowed are shotgun shells in pRK
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#4]
As Troy posted, tracer/incendiary ammo is illegal in the PRK for good reason.  AP is not. BTW, .223 green-tip is not AP...green identifies is as a 62gr round (as opposed to a 55gr).  Steel inside the bullet has to do with weight & is not a penetrator.

Color codes for .50bmg...

[url]http://www.floridaammotraders.com/50BMG_Ident.jpg[/url]

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]
yes i know that tracer and incindinary is illegal and has been for many years.

i knew that other calibers of AP were legal, but there was some controversy in a conversation about 50bmg. i think some people were confused with LA city trying to ban 50s and the state doing the same as well.

i searched the DOJ website, and as far as AP ammo goes the only kind that is illegal is for handguns. there was no mention of caliber.

ive talked with some other people this weekend, some thought all AP was illegal in kali, others say that there is "no clear ruling" on AP 50bmg.

just wanting to double check with you guys, better safe than sorry. thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top