Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2002 9:45:28 PM EDT
Hello, I was just speaking to a buddy of mine and found out that he had a DUI in CA last Oct.
Here is the problem...he was too embarrassed to tell me about it. He was about to get out of the USMC in a little less than a month when it happened. He tested .08 and plead guilty because he was not going to be in CA if he plead not guilty.

He is currently paying off the fine and court costs...here is the rub...he did not have a CA license at the time, he had a current and valid PA driver's license and was given a "temp" CA license in order to have a license suspension in CA. The other condition was to also complete some type alcohol program by Nov 2002. Guess what? Dumbass has yet to attempt the alcohol program. Can he substitute another state's program in order to fullfill the CA one?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated because
he is in fear of having a warrant out for his arrest. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell Dumbass he's a Dumbass.

Call the CA court he was convicted in and give the sob story there. If he is lucky they will accept an AA program from the State he is now in. Enroll and get it over with. If not, throw money at a Lawyer.

The ball of shit will only get bigger the more he waits.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#2]
friend of yours, huh?

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. My other question is, how can CA issue you a "temp" license if you already have a current and valid one from another state in order to prosecute you for a DUI? He was stationed at 29 Palms and was out with a few of his friends when it happened.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top